Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Starlight Glimmer vs Sunset Shimmer merch

ManaMinori

I have never really found it fair that Sunset, who has been around for much longer than Starlight has, has been given very few pony-related merchandise, in spite of her popularity. As the years progressed, and Starlight  was added to FiM ad the writers' pet pony, and began to be given merch and screentime, I found it disappointing and near loathsome that SG was getting more in the way of variety of merch (Design-a-Pony, Fashion Style, Fashems, Squishy Pop, Mc Donald’s Happy Meal Brushables, Aurora and BaB plushes, cards, books, dog-tags, etc.) and quantity, leaving Sunset in the dust.

Is this disappointing/ saddening/ loathsome to anyone else? What sort of merch would you like to see given to pony Sunset?

starlightmerch.png

snsetshimmermerch.png

• 4 weeks later...

It's really unfortunate in the case of Sunset, and I agree it is frustrating that Sunset, who is wildly popular, doesn't see much merch whereas the more blatantly polarizing character is just pouring out products. I don't think it's fair to compare the two characters, and I'm not a fan of the Sunset vs Starlight war this fandom likes to fuel, but the simple fact is that Starlight is a character in Friendship is Magic, and it's the more prominent and marketable of the two. Equestria Girls is a spin-off, so less resources are devoted to it. Perhaps Sunny would see more merch if she appeared in some FiM episodes? Would only be fair since Glim has already appeared in EQG. I honestly don't understand the marketing sometimes. Sunset is a big deal in the fandom so it's crazy there's not more of her. :sunbutt:

(edited)

Ship these 2 main characters together so hard. They are awesome reformed villains, especially when they're together. Not gonna lie, I didn't really care for Starlight until the end of season 6 and then season 7. GlimGlam really grew on me as a character, especially because of her polarizing characteristics.

full.gif

Edited by joshyang908

On 6/26/2017 at 11:10 PM, joshyang908 said:

Ship these 2 main characters together so hard. They are awesome reformed villains, especially when they're together. Not gonna lie, I didn't really care for Starlight until the end of season 6 and then season 7. GlimGlam really grew on me as a character, especially because of her polarizing characteristics.

Hide contents

full.gif

Not really talking about their show characters. Just merchandise.