Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic: Story of the Blanks (Game)

KBz

I played this game some time ago! By opinion is in spoilers, so don't read it if you haven't played it! ;)

Alright, when I played this game, it was, what, 3 AM? I really was not sure what to expect. I had just stumbled upon it, full screened it, and played. It was colorful, vibrant, and retro style. And it had a pretty happy feel, I was enjoying the game. Then came the part where Apple Bloom looked into the fireplace.

I will be dead honest, I did not expect that.

Needless to say, the sudden even scared the shit out of me in the middle of the night. It came out of left field, and it was creepy as Buck. I continued to played the game, and when I got to the zombie part, I began to slowly freak out. Once I completed the game, I closed my laptop and did not sleep that night.

Also, the story. At first I didn't understand it, but I replayed the game later(And in daylight), and from what I understand, the story is that there was this town full of ponies that grew up without cutie marks. Well, after helping this one pony find something he lost, she got a cutie mark for finding things. The others thought this was some satanic curse, and killed the pony. Well, somepony(Or something) must of been angered by this, and cursed those ponies to become zombies, or undead or whatever. Because Apple Bloom does not have a cutie mark, they didn't attack her, and even wanted her to stay. Of course, the pony that was killed helps Apple Bloom, and they all live happily ever after.

But yeah, this is a fun game, with a pretty creepy vibe to it. Its scary, but not Luna Game scary, where it relies on Jump Scares, but just slowly gives you a false impression of the game, but quickly yet slowly(Does that even make sense?) creates an atmosphere full of creepiness and dread. By far a great MLP game, that for best experiance, I recommend for one to play completely blind and late at night.

It has the exact kind of atmosphere I enjoy in horror. Eerie. Nothing trying too hard, no gore, it paints paranoia to get your heart pounding, just what I enjoy. I also commend whoever arranged the music. Rarely can 8-bit be so... creepy.

I hope the game is continued some day. The chase through the forest still freaks me out.

This is my favorite kind of horror.

I personally am not much of a fan of jump-scares or gore. Sure it's hilarious to watch some derpy drug-addict get hacked up by a chainsaw, but it's not the kind of scare I like.

I much prefer the slow "reveal" kind of horror. Which I guess technically isn't really horror. As the story goes on, the plot gets 'darker' and 'darker', then in the end you find out what was going on. It's one of the reasons I love Majora's Mask so much ;) (it seems like I'm mentioning MM in nearly all my posts now...I'm such a nerd :D)

• Brohoof 1

Yay! My favorite pony fangame!

When I first played this, I thought it would be some kind of screamer after everything went dark, so I proceeded with caution and muted throughout the game. Finding out that it wasn't, I gave it a second playthrough, then a third, and so forth.