Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Rights Of MLP Are Purchased From Hasbro And They Reboot FIM. What's your reaction?

OmegaBeamOfficial

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Roughshod said:

Aesthetics is another thing. Depending on how this 'G4x' was animated would be a significant factor. If it looks like cheap trash or over the top CG it could be really distracting from the kind of atmosphere the show tries to set.

Yeah, I really hope they don't make G5 in CGI. I hate how almost everything is CGI animated these days. And CGI often looks terrible if it's done cheaply. I much prefer traditional 2D animation, anyway.

7 minutes ago, Roughshod said:

Yeah I'd be pretty shocked to see Hasbro give up their second most profitable franchise just like that.

Isn't it possible that Hasbro themselves could be bought out if someone paid them enough? I could see a conglomerate corporation like Disney buying them out if they wanted to.

Edited by Tiny Hoofs
  • Brohoof 1

On 2017-06-11 at 8:22 PM, Phirun Natela said:

I see some conflicting statements there. :twi:. Also, I think - if done right - that CGI could be freaking awesome. Harder to make fancontent for though. :P 

Easily, if a much richer company wanted, they could buy Hasbro without that much effort. Would be awesome to see how Disney would handle Transformers, the movies could be so much better. Or not, lol. 

I meant I don't want to see it done in CGI. lol

But yeah, it could actually be pretty cool for Hasbro's IPs if Disney treat them well. I don't mind what Disney has done with stuff like Star Wars and Marvel. And I could actually see Disney acquiring these franchises because their toys make a lot of money.

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Tiny Hoofs said:

Isn't it possible that Hasbro themselves could be bought out if someone paid them enough? I could see a conglomerate corporation like Disney buying them out if they wanted to.

Possible. In the case where Hasbro had gone bankrupt it would almost be certain since they could set a higher price for total acquisition rather than pawning off their corporate assets and intellectual properties one by one. While Disney probably has enough liquidity to give an attractive offer to Hasbro, it wouldn't make much financial sense to buy them outright. Not when they cover two interrelated but still separate markets. Far cheaper and easier to simply partner up when convenient for the sake of merchandising or producing film and TV projects. Both companies are strong, competitive conglomerates with their own family brands, so it's more efficient to work in tandem when a profitable opportunity arises and stick to their own works when not.  

• Brohoof 1

On 2017-06-11 at 8:06 PM, Phirun Natela said:

Pre G4 artstyle reaction = 

1gkIyrR_zpsi4idgv6v.gif

And yeah, I could live with the second one. I prefer G4 mostly because it's so familiar and adorable while still being semi-serious when needed. Not the 'I want to barf in a bag because this REALLY is for little girls.' style.

Exactly, it better fits the theme of the show and looks less ugly.

• 2 weeks later...