Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Problems Opening Status Replies

PinkiePie97

For the past couple of days, whenever I try to open the replies to a status update from the status updates page, it takes me to the status update on the user's page instead. I can open the replies from there, but I can't from the status updates page for some reason. This has happened to me on both Safari on Mac and Silk Browser on Kindle.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed another problem that's similar to this. When I reply to a status update, it pretty much does the same thing as when I try to open the replies. I don't reply to a lot of status updates, so I might not be remembering this correctly, but I'm pretty sure you're supposed to stay on the status updates page.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I'm sorry if I'm bothering anyone with this, but it's been over a month and it doesn't seem anything has been done. I haven't even heard from anyone about it either. I don't think it's something on my end because I'm at my grandparents' house right now. I get fixing it probably isn't easy or that it may not be the most pressing issue right now, but if a staff member could at least acknowledge this, I'd really appreciate it. Again, sorry if I'm bothering anyone.

Edited by PinkiePie97

Which status updates page are you referring to? Ever since the forum update, opening status updates from the notifications list or attempting to view their replies from the homepage takes you to the status update on the user's profile. I don't believe a dedicated status update page exists for that anymore on the new forum software.

1 hour ago, Totally Lyra said:

Which status updates page are you referring to? Ever since the forum update, opening status updates from the notifications list or attempting to view their replies from the homepage takes you to the status update on the user's profile. I don't believe a dedicated status update page exists for that anymore on the new forum software.

I'm referring to this:

https://mlpforums.com/discover/23/

When the upgrade first happened, I could open status replies and post replies from that page without being taken to the status update on the user's profile, but it hasn't worked like that for me for a while now.

1 hour ago, Totally Lyra said:

Which status updates page are you referring to? I don't believe a dedicated status update page exists for that anymore on the new forum software.

Maybe he means this?

Screenshot_20170717-205215.thumb.png.c317cdfc96ee9e2904c231ba4822ae16.png

Each status update has the link to the full users page. 

@PinkiePie97 can you screen shot the page you mean? 

Or do you mean this ... This is the expanded general status updates page (it does exist). This is a condensed version of that that doesn't show the updates but shows who made them. 

You can find them in the content tools. :)

2 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

I posted a link, but I can post a screencap, too.

IX1yIUL.png

Perfect. Sorry we crossed messages because of the approval requirement. 

Ok. This is what is seems to be happening when I try it here. That link is basically the main status update feed. It is similar to what I posted in my second reply. If a user wants to reply to a status update this is what will happen.

1. User A sees a status update from User B they want to reply to
  2. User A clicks on the reply box
  3. Box expands showing the larger text box and editor options. 
  4. User A types reply
  5. User A hits the submit button.
  6. The reply submits 
  7. User A is then redirected to User B's profile page for status updates but the reply they just posted is visible. 

If that is what is happening to you?

On 6/1/2017 at 8:03 AM, PinkiePie97 said:

For the past couple of days

Do you recall if you ever received an error when trying to post directly to the Status Update content feed before? Did it just post and not redirect you? Did the page simply reload the feed? Before I start playing around with my copy of the software I want to make sure I have what you think it should be doing in my head as well. 

7 hours ago, Jeric said:

Perfect. Sorry we crossed messages because of the approval requirement. 

Ok. This is what is seems to be happening when I try it here. That link is basically the main status update feed. It is similar to what I posted in my second reply. If a user wants to reply to a status update this is what will happen.

1. User A sees a status update from User B they want to reply to
  2. User A clicks on the reply box
  3. Box expands showing the larger text box and editor options. 
  4. User A types reply
  5. User A hits the submit button.
  6. The reply submits 
  7. User A is then redirected to User B's profile page for status updates but the reply they just posted is visible. 

If that is what is happening to you?

I don't remember if it was just my reply that's visible or not, but that's pretty much what happens.

7 hours ago, Jeric said:

Do you recall if you ever received an error when trying to post directly to the Status Update content feed before? Did it just post and not redirect you? Did the page simply reload the feed? Before I start playing around with my copy of the software I want to make sure I have what you think it should be doing in my head as well. 

Before, I could post without it redirecting or even reloading. It just appeared.

Also, there's also the issue of not being able to open replies without being redirected.

I also dislike being redirected to user's profile when wanting to load all comments or when simply posting a comment.

This is extremely inconvenient and slows down the process. :( 

It is? :P 

*checking*

Oh- that's soooooooooooooooo much better now! Another thanks from me! :catface: 
Finally browsing status updates will not be a pain. :derp: