Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Movies that Scared You as a Kid

GoldenGumdrop

(edited)

I thought this would be interesting as everyone has some films that scared them when they were younger or parts of them. I already know Don Bluth will be on this list numerous times~:ph34r:

The Last Unicorn: There were several parts that were scary for me when I was younger but the Red Bull took the cake and I usually had to fast forward through these scenes the part with the Last Unicorn gang down in the cellar with the Red Bull and skeleton. Also the part with the Harpy,

American Tale: The Great Mouse of Minsk

Brave Little Toaster: I still have a horrible real fear of clowns and this took the cake

Fantasia: I never could watch the Bald Mountain part and still don't really like it

All Dogs Go to Heaven: The hell hound and the scenes where Charlie is in Hades and Charlie getting killed

Ferngully: Hexxu's real form, whoa totally scared me silly

Edited by GoldenGumdrop
  • Brohoof 1

Coraline... I absolutely love it now but back when I was a kid I couldnt even go through the first 20 minutes without turning the tv off and feeling like a complete loser XD 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

The movie IT freaked me out as a kid. Terrified me of the bathroom. Also anaconda did a number on me aswell. I was scared that it was going to come find and kill me. 

Edited by DayShadow

Shining, Poltergeist, and Pet Sematary. 

I was far too young to have watched Shining, but I took advantage of my parents falling asleep in the living room with HBO on. That was how I saw Shining. The parents thought Polergeist was just gonna be a light hearted ghost story safe for their young kid. 

That clown, that pool, that tree, that face falling off  ... fucking nightmare fuel!!! 

Later, Pet Sematary was the first film in a while to actually unnerve me. I think I was 12 or 13 and bought a ticket for another film and hopped in that one. 

There was no way I was doing anything clown related as a kid or now. I have a horrible phobia, literally makes me shake and cry!

Fox and the Hound: Tod's fight with the bear that bear scared me especially the music used during the fight.

(edited)

Two movies terrified me when I was little.

01: The original "The Fly". The "Help me!" ending gave me serious nightmares! For quite a while I was actually afraid of flies. I'm not joking.

02. "Hellraiser" The scariest movie I ever saw. Both I saw when I was too young to be watching. My brother got in trouble for letting me watch Hellraiser.

LOL

Seriously though. I've watched "The Fly" since then. The ending still freaks me out. As for Hellraiser? I have NEVER watched it again!

Here's the scene from The Fly. The effects aren't that great by today's standards, but it still fills me with dread. I have to force myself to watch it.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

Probably Child's Play. I was watching the TV at 7 years old, when I found that movie in a channel, and after that I got very scared about dolls for a long time.

Also, another film that scared me when I was child was Gremlins. Is just so... bizarre for me even nowadays.

• Brohoof 1

Let's see....

1. ET by far one of the creepiest movies out there.

2. The Wizard of Oz

3. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

4. Furngully

5. Pinocchio

6. Steven King's 'IT'

7. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

8. Jurassic Park

Just to name a few.

when I was a kid only 2 films scared me. Dumbo and Winnie the Pooh - pink elephants and huffalumps and woozels scenes of course. 

but then when i got a little older the 2 films that scared the crap out of me (still do in ways) are Volcano - This was shown at school as a wet weather treat >.< (cant watch it now) and Roger Rabbit- I love the film but i am terrified of Judge Doom. 

Then during my late teens I was introduced to I Spit on Your Grave and The Hole. I will outright refuse to watch these films again. 

I'm not proud to admit that Ghostbusters 2 scared me as a kid, what with the sewer of ectoplasmic slime that moved and later poured out of someone's tub faucet into something with a face and the first two ghosts seen in the movie were a pair of criminals executed via electric chair, their ghosts still strapped into the chairs.  

• Brohoof 1

Any horror movies in general as I would end up getting nightmares--still do even now--when I was forced to watch them.

I can't think of any that scare me. I watch horror movie with my dad (Friday 13th, elm st, hell raiser, chuckie, ect)  but it doesn't bother me much, except for the jump scares of course. I guess as a kid my mind drift off from being too curious of these characters' design. 

It was the documentary centered on a real event that scared me silly; if I remember correctly, it was called White Light, Black Rain. 

People make fun of me, but Michael Jackson's Thriller scared the hell out of me has a kid. Especially the Werewolf transformation scene.