Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Movies that Scared You as a Kid

GoldenGumdrop

• 7 months later...

2012 scared me for a very long time as a kid. I couldn't sleep and I would be scared everyday, but rewatching it recently was nothing. Just felt kinda silly. :P

Edited by Wannabe Bronylicious

On 6/1/2017 at 10:14 PM, GoldenGumdrop said:

I already know Don Bluth will be on this list numerous times~:ph34r:

The Secret of Nymn terrified me.

Also, the Gate...that was so inappropriate for me to watch when I did (at like 8). If you like freaky scary 80s movies, kid protagonists, and stop motion, that's one to check out.

13 minutes ago, GeekySonic said:

When I was a kid, any movie with stop-motion clay animation scared the hell out of me. My dad would laugh and say that it's so obviously fake, and that there's no grounds for being scared of it. But in my mind, the fact that it was so unrealistic and unnatural was what made it terrifying. I couldn't help but picture those things in real life.

So when I say anything, I mean anything. The Rudolph Christmas special, Gremlins, the hellhounds from Ghostbusters, the Weird Al Jurassic Park music video, anything.

What about Large Marge from Pee-Wee's Big Adventure? Have you seen that?

• 10 months later...
4 minutes ago, Midnight Solace said:

It was actually Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (1971) It still scares me to this day. I don't know why, but everything seems off about it. I also feel like movies that are supposed to be scary, aren't for me. :mlp_confused:

No way! That one freaked me out too! Even now I'm too nervous to watch it. I'm fine with the newer one, but I can't ever imagine enjoying the original. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

I watched quite a bit of horror movies as a kid and some did scare me a little bit. Watership Down really stands out tho. That movie is most certainly not about cute little rabbits!  :sealed:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I have no clue what it's called, but I used to be TERRIFIED of this one Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer movie where the villain would suck up all of the toys in the town. I was scared he'd take me away...I don't know, but it was really scary to me back then:lie:

I remember watching scooby doo on zombie island on cartoon network when I was 11 or 12 years old. I had problems sleeping that night after watching it.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (90s version)

Not because the movie itself was scary, but the idea that some virus can get into you and overwrite your entire being genuinely horrified me

Was scared of sleeping for awhile

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. The heart ripping scene was a little scary, and the part where Jones is forced to drink that stuff that brainwashed him. But mostly it was the whole idea of him being brainwashed and captured that gave me a sense of dread.

On 11/27/2018 at 4:16 PM, Elyrse said:

A lot of movies didn’t really faze me. But I always thought that Last Man on Earth movie (or whatever the title was) that Vincent Price stared in was terrifying 

I liked it because that is my fantasy. :sassy:

There might be something wrong with me. I’ve seen some bloody zombie advertisements and others when I was a kid, but none of them scared me. I actually watched them like looking at a painting or a doctor examining a patient. I was always the kid who was “something wrong.”

My mom was scared of many movies. I once tried to be like her and the other kids by trying to force myself to be scared. I failed of course because that was just they way I viewed the world, and my mind did not want to let go.

Edited by Dank Pony Child

I was told by my brother that Ghostbusters was scary. I watched Ghostbusters and The Terminator when I was very young, but both movies were interesting to me, rather than scary. The Neverending Story was kinda scary at a few places.