Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Languages Would You Like to Speak

GoldenGumdrop

I don't plan on learning any languages anytime soon but if I could learn any language in an instant, it would have to be Japanese and Finnish.

• Brohoof 1

English is my only fluent language, and I'm learning Spanish out of necessity. I could have been bilingual when I was younger as my brother in law spoke Spanish but it didn't happen.

I'd like to learn Japanese. I seem to have a bit of a language block though. In high-school, I took German. My family on my mother's side is German. Guess who had to transfer out because of a failing grade? Yup, I bailed in the first semester to avoid killing my GPA! I just couldn't wrap myself around a new language!

I'd like to speak German. I started with Rosetta Stone a while back and was making excellent progress but I had to change to my current computer which has a faulty sound chip and I couldn't interact with the program. Everything ground to a halt. I have Duolingo in my iPod but I don't like it quite as much. 

I'll get back to it someday, I hope. :rarity:

Already upper-level in French (thanks to 7 years in schooling), but other than furthering my French, I wouldn't mind learning Welsh or German

I used to speak French for about six years before drifting away from it before becoming an adult. I also dabbled with Japanese though I wasn't very good at it.

(edited)

I would like to learn Japanese. At the moment, I can speak in English, Spanish (which is my main language) and a little bit  of French. 

Edited by jorge123esp

For the longest time I wanted to learn Russian, because I loved their culture but now I'm kinda over them. Now I wanna learn Japanese because my younger sister can speak it. It would be a way for us to communicate in private without fear of eavesdropping.

English is my first language and I'm alright with Spanish. French or Japanese would be cool, eventually I'll get around to learning one or both of them.

(edited)

Sorry about this, but I noticed this interesting topic while I was checking my errors from my redemption post and I just want to share about what kind of languages am I currently learning along with those that I've learned.

There's a great website for learning languages called Memrise. It's actually a much better language learning website than Rosetta Stone. I've heard that Rosetta Stone isn't THAT good when it comes to pronunciations.

Currently learning Hebrew, Arabic, Farsi (basically any language from the Middle East including Ancient Hebrew/Arabic, and Aramaic) so I can further my understanding of the Abrahamic Religions.

I'm also learning Japanese, Tagalog (Filipino), and any NorthEastern Asian language I find interesting. Interesting thing to note, the vowel pronounciations of both Spanish and Japanese are the same so for a Spanish speaker you'll have it easy initially. Plus if you can study both Hebrew and Arabic, then learning any language from NorthEast Asia is going to be a cakewalk with the exception of Kanji where things get tricky.

Still at the elementary level learning them all, but the soon I become proficient with them the better. I'm decent at my native language Urdu (though it's only at an 8th grade level), and English (duh!).

Edited by ZethaPonderer
Adding in additional reason for why I'm posting this reply (bolded and underlined)

I only speak English and a bit of Spanish and French (because I learned them for a little while in school). I wish I could be fluent in another language besides English, I'd quite like to be able to speak Dutch, Spanish or German.

I'm currently only speaking English but would like to one day learn Japanese, German and Arabic.  I have a Duolingo account but I don't use it as much since I didn't really like it.  I'm debating whether I should start learning Arabic or Japanese since I can only focus on learning one language at a time.

I'd like to be able to speak japanese. I can say a  couple of things, but not enough to have a conversation with someone. I like how the language sounds.

Well Spanish is my main language but I obviously know at least a little English, also Japanese and yes, for spanish speakers is much easier to learn. I´ll like to learn German and Chinese tho, and somehow I´m attracted to Norwegian so there´s that.

Japanese is a language I would love to learn and is the language I'm learning currently!.

Well not unless I can get my head around these Japanese Vowels that I keep pronouncing wrong -_-