Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Languages Would You Like to Speak

GoldenGumdrop

Learning another language fluently is basically impossible for me, but if I could, I would like to speak either Japanese, German, or Finnish. Would be pretty sweeeeeeeeeet, but it will never happen. XD

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

German, French, Italian, Latin, Old English. You know, languages that would help me for my degree/career in Musicology.

Edited by Envy

I'm quite fond of 'dead' languages, so probably Latin, Greek, and Hebrew, the latter two because those are the two languages that the Bible is written in and I'd quite like to be able to read it without translation into English.

• Brohoof 1

I'd like to learn a language, but since I'm stuck in rural america, I won't get very good at it since I have no opportunity nor any reason to practice it. And that's how you become proficient. Practice. And you can't get much practice out here. 

If I could, like many others on here I'd like to learn Japanese. I can maybe pick out a word or a phrase, but that's it. I've been told Korean is an easy language to learn.  German is another one I'd like to get. Maybe learn rare languages like the Basque language of northern Spain. It'd be cool to learn the language of my ancestors, The Cherokee. 

And as far as other countries I'd like to live in or visit, I would very much like to learn Swedish or Finnish. But from what I'm hearing, Finnish is one of the most notorious to learn. 

I wish I continued studying Spanish, as it is very handy as a second language. I also wouldn't mind learning French or Mandarin! 

• Brohoof 1

I'd like to speak every language there is but that's impossible. I guess I'd add japanese if I had to pick 1.

(edited)

I would like to speak English. :/ My English is not so good.

13 hours ago, BlueStreak98 said:

Polish. I have family in the old country I would love to reconnect with.

If you want any help with this language write to me. I can help You write to your polish family. I live in Poland. ^_^ I'm quite good in English-Polish translation.

Edited by Fluttershy Friend
  • Brohoof 1

For some reason I'd love to learn Japanese and Korean mostly because they spawn from two of my favorite countries to learn about, as well as Estonian just because I have a friend from there.

(edited)

I speak English (learned because I was born in the USA ),Spanish (learned by being raised in a Mexican environment), and French (learned it in school this year ^^)

But I would like to learn Russian,Japanese,German,and Korean.

Edited by ScruffyTheStallion

• 4 months later...

I'd like being able to read the sacred texts of the Abrahamic religions (Hebrew, Arabic, Latin) so I could look into some of the controversial things about them.

I also wish I could learn Japanese so I could enjoy certain games, like Okami or Morenatsu, in their original versions. Also Chinese (Mandarin probably), Spanish and Italian, as many people around me seem to speak one or the other.

Wondering if fictional ones like Klingon and Romulan count, but I'd like to know those too.

Edited by Feather Spiral
  • Brohoof 2

I would like to keep learning French, Spanish, and German. (I already speak French well but I need to keep up with it more.)

My favorite language is Estonian but I have no reason to learn it :derp: 

I will say, the excuse of not having anyone to practice with doesn't fly anymore these days. To the internet! :yay: