Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you wish for the Brony community?

ManaMinori

we all have our hopes and desires as to where the fandom will go- whether it will die out with the MLP series' conclusion, or live on indefinitely, long after MLP : FIM ends. But what else do you guys hope or wish for the Brony community? I have desired for a long time, to see the majority of the fandom embrace older pony gens, and create content, art, music, fanfics for them en masse, just as they do with generation 4, and possibly even revive the dying  (or dead) past gen pony forums with their love. Even this boards' "Past Generations" forum is on life support. It would be fantastic to see the g4'ers embrace and revive love and interest for the former pony gens, ans flood the world with their creative content.

what do you guys hope fr the fandom?.

That they stop crying about every, single, existing episode, only because somepony was OOC, didn't done what they expected, hating characters for purely existing, and so on. So much about love and tolerate, lol.

• Brohoof 4

For the community I wish for a change in social structure per say, I wish for unity, camaraderie and encouragement. So many bronies out there suffer from depression, lack of motivation, lack of self confidence, loneliness, poor physical and mental health and there are some who see no way out but the unthinkable.

We all have one thing in common, we watch a show that revolves around great morals and friendship, I wish to see more people in the fandom adhering to these morals and teachings. I wish to see more people extending their hands out and offering to help up those in need and for those in need who stay silent, I wish for them to use their voice, knowing it is safe to do so and that they will receive whatever assistance they need from their fellow members of the community.

It is my soul wish for this community that we all play our part to help one another.

• Brohoof 2

One of the main things that needs to be changed revolves around the firestorms the fandom becomes embroiled in every now and again. Sure, having a debate about something is fine and all but not when it spirals out of control and becomes something unspeakable.

Id wish that bronies would be a bit more open minded about music in the community =/

They need to know that brony music is not just EPM noise. There are some good musicians out there that work hard to try and bring you something new for bronies to listen to. It really ruins an artists motivation to do anything when no one comments on or even listens to what they have. It also is a huge impact on the live gigs at cons. Cant do DJing live, it sounds awful =/ 

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure what more I can add to this discussion. I've seen too many brony youtubers go through an inactive phase or leave the fandom entirely because of the bad experiences they've had with other bronies. I'm sure this happens out of the public eye as well. It's pretty painful for me to see people have seriously negative experiences with people over a show which is teaching nothing but friendship and harmony.

• Brohoof 1

I've had lengthy phases where I've completely avoided the bronies just because so many of them complain and rant so much. In fact, I had essentially removed myself from the fandom (aside from watching the show of course, because the show is awesome) until I decided on a whim to check out how this site was doing just now.

I've got to say that it restores at least some of my faith in the community to see that there're at least enough people who think like me to fill up this thread.

Anyway, as for what needs to happen with the community, these are my two cents. The people tearing apart the new episodes for every microscopic flaw or every little thing that they subjectively don't like need to either 1) take a chill pill and stop worrying and love the ponies or 2) just stop watching the show and disengage from the community entirely because they clearly don't like it anymore.

If you don't like the show anymore, stop. Pack up and go away quietly. We don't care that you don't like the show anymore because we still do. These people who hate what the show has become are making it more and more difficult for people like me who still like it to justify spending time with the community. This community is supposed to be for people who actually like MLP, otherwise the bronies would be called a hatedom instead of a fandom.

22 minutes ago, J-115 said:

I've had lengthy phases where I've completely avoided the bronies just because so many of them complain and rant so much. In fact, I had essentially removed myself from the fandom (aside from watching the show of course, because the show is awesome) until I decided on a whim to check out how this site was doing just now.

I've got to say that it restores at least some of my faith in the community to see that there're at least enough people who think like me to fill up this thread.

Anyway, as for what needs to happen with the community, these are my two cents. The people tearing apart the new episodes for every microscopic flaw or every little thing that they subjectively don't like need to either 1) take a chill pill and stop worrying and love the ponies or 2) just stop watching the show and disengage from the community entirely because they clearly don't like it anymore.

If you don't like the show anymore, stop. Pack up and go away quietly. We don't care that you don't like the show anymore because we still do. These people who hate what the show has become are making it more and more difficult for people like me who still like it to justify spending time with the community. This community is supposed to be for people who actually like MLP, otherwise the bronies would be called a hatedom instead of a fandom.

While you see the harsh criticism as hate, do you think that it just might be done as an act of love? The people who pick episodes apart might just be their way of desiring a perfect,  or at least less flawed product,  in hopes the people with the power to change it for the better might hear them. They want the best for the show that they fell in love with. 

To me it seems that they've completely fallen out of love with the show. I'm sure they loved MLP at one point but based on their behavior it's abundantly clear that the time has come for them to move on. They're not going to achieve anything by complaining but to drive people who still like the show away from the community.

It's a lose-lose situation: they waste their time and they do damage to the community they used to love.

1 hour ago, J-115 said:

To me it seems that they've completely fallen out of love with the show. I'm sure they loved MLP at one point but based on their behavior it's abundantly clear that the time has come for them to move on. They're not going to achieve anything by complaining but to drive people who still like the show away from the community.

It's a lose-lose situation: they waste their time and they do damage to the community they used to love.

I think there is a subset of fans that want time to stop at the moment they joined, regardless of which fandom they are part of - because any changes/growth/development not in accordance with their own headcannon is offensive to them.  I think Quibble Pants was intended to parody (or just represent :D ) this sort of fan. They aren't the majority of the fandom out there, but they tend to be the more vocal aspects of it (particularly online, where they can feed of each other's posts without having to encounter anything rational)

Perhaps we could give them a little walled garden of their own, where they can pretend nothing after season four exists (and no EG, obviously) and can spend their days saying they wish there were more episodes while swapping little fan-fictions where the mane 6 do exactly the same things they did in actual episodes, but with slightly different supporting characters...

I mainly want the huge fan content back from it's peak after it ends. Maybe many stopped it since we still got poneh, but maybe if the G4 poneh ends, that may spark some of the old creativity back 

• Brohoof 1

On 6/2/2017 at 0:39 AM, Snow said:

For the community I wish for a change in social structure per say, I wish for unity, camaraderie and encouragement. So many bronies out there suffer from depression, lack of motivation, lack of self confidence, loneliness, poor physical and mental health and there are some who see no way out but the unthinkable.

We all have one thing in common, we watch a show that revolves around great morals and friendship, I wish to see more people in the fandom adhering to these morals and teachings. I wish to see more people extending their hands out and offering to help up those in need and for those in need who stay silent, I wish for them to use their voice, knowing it is safe to do so and that they will receive whatever assistance they need from their fellow members of the community.

It is my soul wish for this community that we all play our part to help one another.

Dude, you should have showed up at season one and two. The fanbase used to be all those things. Used to be.

And really, as someone who's been in the fanbase since 2011, let me be the one to tell you that having such high hopes was the absolute worst decision I had ever made during my time in this fanbase. The more pragmatic fans at the time warned about putting greater stock into our fan community than it actually is and ever will be and they turned out to be absolutely right. Unless you want to end up bitter like me over this, you'll put a stop to these ideals, for they are just that. We're still people and there are people who will exploit or feed off of you like vampiric parasites either for personal gain, amusement, personal satisfaction or some other shallow, self-serving motive. Don't be putting yourself through that shit for the sake of hope.

(edited)

I hope the fandom becomes as enthusiastic as it was back then. "20% COOLER SWAG HATERS GONNA HATE" and videos like "When I'm [Pony Name]," as well as pony versions of those really old YouTube memes like Nyan Cat and Numa Numa was a really fun time to be in the brony community. Seeing all of that enthusiasm again would make life as a brony so much more fun.

Edited by gamecubeguy214

On 6/1/2017 at 9:39 PM, Snow said:

this is for you. share it, if you like.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Liquid said:

Dude, you should have showed up at season one and two. The fanbase used to be all those things. Used to be.

And really, as someone who's been in the fanbase since 2011, let me be the one to tell you that having such high hopes was the absolute worst decision I had ever made during my time in this fanbase. The more pragmatic fans at the time warned about putting greater stock into our fan community than it actually is and ever will be and they turned out to be absolutely right. Unless you want to end up bitter like me over this, you'll put a stop to these ideals, for they are just that. We're still people and there are people who will exploit or feed off of you like vampiric parasites either for personal gain, amusement, personal satisfaction or some other shallow, self-serving motive. Don't be putting yourself through that shit for the sake of hope.

I can see your intentions and I appreciate your concern, If you will allow me to justify, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." A fantastic quote and one relevant to my point, If every last member of this community were to pick up the mentality that hope is lost and that there is no point in even trying what good would come of that?

It sometimes only takes a few words to make a person start thinking "maybe there is something I can do" I know what I said will not be enough for everyone, but even If I made one or two people take a step back and think, that will be enough for me.

I have no idea what things were like back then, so I cant compare it to now, but I know for a fact there are still tons of good people, some of which even setting an example for others to learn off of and I take comfort in knowing that there are still people considering and acting upon those teachings.

I wish that we would stop with this "love and tolerance" stuff, considering that it make us look like a bunch of pretentious elitists, eventhough we where never better then any other fandom. Being a Brony dosen't mean you join a secret society, you're just doing a hobby that you do in your free time.

• Brohoof 2

I think on how people tend to latch on onto things in the show and over rick roll it.   It tends to over drive a point sadly or if say "I don"t like this pony" some fans of this pony just get over dramaed on "WHY NOT?!?" and :"HOW COULD NOT LOVE THIS PONY?!?!"

• Brohoof 2

Let me try a different approach then.

On 6/2/2017 at 0:39 AM, Snow said:

What you're proposing sounds nothing short of social engineering. You're sounding like me in my early years of being in the fan base. Then again, the past me would have responded with a much lengthier essay. You wish to see a more cohesive community, one where bronies, through a shared experience and understanding, help each other out and bring out the best in everyone. That is the image you have in your head, isn't it?

Also, hardcore bronies like to obsess over every single background pony, literally DEMANDING the show writers to give every single one of those an arc, backstory and what not, eventhough that is simply not possible and when they don't get what they want, they lash back at the writers.

People like those should learn, that baggers can't be choosers and that they should be thankful that those writers and animators work hours upon hours to entertain us. The last thing they need, is listening to the first world problems of others.

• Brohoof 2