Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Bad Roleplayer's Guide - How To Never Be Allowed To Join RPs Ever Again

Pripyat Pony

This should definitely not be followed; it's meant as a tongue in cheek look at bad roleplayers. :P If you followed this to the letter, nopony would ever want to roleplay with you again. :D

1. Godmod to your heart's content. Secretly, all other roleplayers want you to take control of their characters and make them act the way that you want them to act. You should totally do this whenever possible. Plus, your character is so awesome, that it's a given that they're going to win every fight and you should always make sure that happens by pulling a deux ex machina, or suddenly finding a mcguffin that gives you special, not mentioned before powers.

2. Mary Sues are perfectly acceptable characters. Anyone who says otherwise is clearly jealous of your triple horned alicorn Queen OC with the rainbow mane and tail, platinum eyes and magical colour changing fur, who can do all magic that ever existed, fly faster and better than anypony else, and breathe fire.

3. You should totally claim relationships with other people's OCs. If another player has an OC that you like, then you should instantly post that your OC is married to them. Don't bother asking the other player first, that's for sissies. You will get bonus points if said other player's OC is of a different orientation to your OC, or assexual, cuz your OC is just that beautiful that they can make anyone fall in love with them regardless.

4. Play with the RP style you like the best. It doesn't matter what the DM wants, just go right ahead and RP in first person, even if everyone else is RPing in third. You're special, so you're allowed.

5. Definitely post lemons. Rules state "no lemons?" Pssh, those don't apply to you, and anyway, everyone wants to read graphic descriptions of sexual activity in a family friendly RP! Don't forget to abide by point 3 when doing this, for a better impact on the RP.

6. Spelling and grammar are optional. Plus you should post constantly in KrAzY or L3e7 and overload your posts with smilies.

7. Twinking is not only acceptable, but necessary. No-one will mind at all if you play your character as doing things in a RP which are completely nonsensical, such as your earth pony OC challenging Tirek to a fight and then totally owning him.

8. If someone in real life annoys you, then it's perfectly alright to create a character based off that person and have your OC beat them up, or humiliate them. Bonus points if said character is based off someone on the same forum. Everyone will praise you, cuz whatever the person did, whether it's someone telling you off for spamming their profile, or a moderator locking your topic, totally deserves being made into a character for your OC to bash.

9. Make the RP focus solely on your OC. Everyone else is just there to dance attendance on Queen Awesomesauce, your perfect triple horned alicorn. They will adore you for making every single thing in the RP about your OC.

10. Finally, once you're bored with an RP you joined, just up and leave without a single message to say that you're leaving. It's fine to have people waiting forever for you to post, only to wait in vain, and totally not rude.

• Brohoof 12

(edited)

I just came by to say that 10. is pretty common problem here. 

And I don't think that 4. is that bad. Sure it's can be little distracting when someone writes in different form but It's not 4th worst thing in my opinion. (if list has some kind of order) (exception being if DM especially asks for specific way of writing)

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 3

It wouldn't be too bad if that was the only one you did, just that doing five or more off the list would be dire. And of course, doing all ten would be awful. O_o The list isn't in any particular order, either.

• Brohoof 1

50 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

What do lemons have to do with sex? Just seems weird.

This: (NSFW) http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Lemon

It's a term used in forum roleplay and fanfic. I've been around for a long time and have sadly seen many instances of this happening in roleplay.

• Brohoof 1

1. Godmod to your heart's content. Secretly, all other roleplayers want you to take control of their characters and make them act the way that you want them to act. You should totally do this whenever possible. Plus, your character is so awesome, that it's a given that they're going to win every fight and you should always make sure that happens by pulling a deux ex machina, or suddenly finding a mcguffin that gives you special, not mentioned before powers.

2. Mary Sues are perfectly acceptable characters. Anyone who says otherwise is clearly jealous of your triple horned alicorn Queen OC with the rainbow mane and tail, platinum eyes and magical colour changing fur, who can do all magic that ever existed, fly faster and better than anypony else, and breathe fire.

I was once guilty as charged.

When I was 12, I created a Nintendo OC named Fusion: Basically, he -- in a not-even-trying ripoff of Mewtwo's origin -- was scientifically "fused" with every known power in his universe (though most of the time, he just stuck to Ganondorf's Warlock Punch from Super Smash Bros., for some reason).

Don't quit your day-job, 12-year-old me.

• 2 weeks later...

On 6/2/2017 at 9:07 PM, The Cerberus said:

I just came by to say that 10. is pretty common problem here. 

And I don't think that 4. is that bad. Sure it's can be little distracting when someone writes in different form but It's not 4th worst thing in my opinion. (if list has some kind of order) (exception being if DM especially asks for specific way of writing)

I'd say 10 is a common problem  everywhere o_o

though I'm ashamed to say that I've contributed to a few of those in the past. Sometimes life gets crazy and I get too scared to tell the DM I'm leaving ;-;

• Brohoof 1

32 minutes ago, The Cerberus said:

Well, these forums are only place where I have ever RP'd so I wo

I've only RP'd in 4 other sites..and unless no. 10 is enforced...It happens often...

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...
On Friday, June 02, 2017 at 2:57 PM, Pripyat Pony said:

This should definitely not be followed; it's meant as a tongue in cheek look at bad roleplayers. :P If you followed this to the letter, nopony would ever want to roleplay with you again. :D

This is a really nice list, thank you Pripyat Pony, I enjoyed reading it ^-^ And tbh, I'am guilty of number 10 too .-. Maybe I'am also a little guilty if 1, but just a little.