Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Religion?

Rozylee

(edited)

Carying about poor peoples gave early Christians adventage in Roman Empire. Even emperor Julianus (The Great) noticed it and wanted that pagan help each other especially for poorest and sick like Christians. If you were Christian and had troubles you coud expect help from your. "brothers" or "sisters" if you were pagan you were alone with it. After death Christians had a chance to go to heaven and be happy forever. There wasn't something like that in traditional Roman religion. Christianity was simply more attractive for these reasons. Christianity was also more useful for roman emperors. For these reasons won.

Edited by Fluttershy Friend
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)
50 minutes ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

Carying about poor peoples gave early Christians adventage in Roman Empire. Even emperor Julianus (The Great) noticed it and wanted that pagan help each other especially for poorest and sick like Christians. If you were Christian and had troubles you coud expect help from your. "brothers" or "sisters" if you were pagan you were alone with it. After death Christians had a chance to go to heaven and be happy forever. There wasn't something like that in traditional Roman religion. Christianity was simply more attractive for these reasons. Christianity was also more useful for roman emperors. For these reasons won.

Honestly I don't think the Roman Emperors had a choice on their end since they originally didn't want Christianity nor any of the teachings of Prophet Jesus/Isa (AS) to spread amongst their own kind alongside the Israelites. I know of some Roman Emperors that absolutely wanted Christianity wiped off the face of Earth *cough*Nero*cough*. Still, Christianity during that time period was useful whether the Roman Emperors despise its teachings or not and would stick to their traditions. May the God of Abraham bless the followers of Jesus/Isa (AS) who stood up against Nero's tyranny and oppression.

I pray everyday that not only Muslims, but Jews, Christians (to some extent) and others who strive hard to live up to the Absolute Truth not only live a good life in this world, but a better life in the life hereafter with the exception of hypocrites.

Edited by ZethaPonderer
  • Brohoof 2

After being raised as a Non-Denominational christian I slowly became Agnostic as I grew older and began studying History and Science. I respect all religions as they have earn they're place in history and some people need the mental help, social skills, and ideals they can provide.

I am an atheist, that is all. 

NOTE: please doesn't go around the forum and try to convert people into the religion you practice. I only made the discussion out of curiosity and to get to know my fellow bronies. 

Edited by FemaleIntrovert1995
  • Brohoof 2

Sorry to be that person, but atheism is not a religion. Atheism is not a religion anymore than the term theism is.

Anyway, I am an atheist and do not practice any religions. Never found any reason to. Church was so boring when I was a child, and now when I go to someone's church service it is unnerving to me. Not all churches, of course! But to be blunt, I just can't believe in or follow that stuff, it's just so contradictory to each and every facet of reality as I've seen it.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 6

15 minutes ago, FemaleIntrovert1995 said:

I am an atheist, that is all. 

NOTE: please doesn't go around the forum and try to convert people into the religion you practice. I only made the discussion out of curiosity and to get to know my fellow bronies. 

Uhh... there's already two topics that exists talking about your religion/belief/way of life/whatever. So it's getting really redundant to see topics pop up like this IMO. :lol:

Edited by ZethaPonderer
  • Brohoof 2

Like Wii said i'm open to them, although i find them dumb and they usually cause more harm than good.

It promotes prejudice which this world already has enough of, Like really it's a sin to be gay to some christians.

Spoiler

Sorry, it's my opinion don't get offended:adorkable:

Edited by Yumekai

4 minutes ago, Yumekai said:

Like Wii said i'm open to them, although i find them dumb and they usually cause more harm than good.

It promotes prejudice which this world already has enough of, Like really it's a sin to be gay to some christians.

Hide contents

Yeah, I really hate that misguided belief that homosexuals are going to hell!

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, ZethaPonderer said:

Uhh... there's already two topics that exists talking about your religion/belief/way of life/whatever. So it's getting really redundant to see topics pop up like this IMO. :lol:

Well, I didn't know that. Sorry for being redundannt or whatever :dry:

• Brohoof 1

I don't practice any religion or worship any God... though I do believe in the afterlife. I try to keep my distance from the church and religious people, I don't like some of the things they consider sinful and I'm tired of being told I'm gonna go to hell.

• Brohoof 4

4 hours ago, FemaleIntrovert1995 said:

Well, I didn't know that. Sorry for being redundannt or whatever :dry:

REDUNDANCY POWER NO JUTSU!!!

These guys beat you to it @FemaleIntrovert1995 :P. Especially @Ezynell. So if you wanna know what religion do I adhere to, look up the first topic made by @Rozylee. Don't see the need to copy-paste, but I'll vote at the very least (without telling MUHAHAHAHA!!!). Also, you mention,

4 hours ago, FemaleIntrovert1995 said:

I only made the discussion out of curiosity and to get to know my fellow bronies. 

Aww no non-bronies allowed for them to leave their reply? Oh well, I guess I won't bother. >_>

I am a Christian, Catholic to be more specific. 

5 hours ago, Yumekai said:

Reveal hidden contents

Encouraging people to discipline themselves against their impulses is not prejudice against homosexuals nor is it a condemnation. To declare it so is an easy way to invent blame and divert it to someone else, and as such is no less prejudicial. 

5 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Yeah, I really hate that misguided belief that homosexuals are going to hell!

It is a misguided belief because homosexuals are not going to hell. God loves everybody. He simply provides a blueprint for a way of living. Understanding is a two-way street and rejecting God or religion without truly understanding the message that's being imparted by Him is a disservice to one's self as well as their Maker. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, ZethaPonderer said:

REDUNDANCY POWER NO JUTSU!!!

These guys beat you to it @FemaleIntrovert1995 :P. Especially @Ezynell. So if you wanna know what religion do I adhere to, look up the first topic made by @Rozylee. Don't see the need to copy-paste, but I'll vote at the very least (without telling MUHAHAHAHA!!!). Also, you mention,

Aww no non-bronies allowed for them to leave their reply? Oh well, I guess I won't bother. >_>

I can't tell if you're being rude, or I'm not supposed to take you seriously. I have no clue. If anything, no offense, I find you a tiny bit annoying. I'm not being mean, I'm being honest. 

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I am a Christian, Catholic to be more specific. 

Encouraging people to discipline themselves against their impulses is not prejudice against homosexuals nor is it a condemnation. To declare it so is an easy way to invent blame and divert it to someone else, and as such is no less prejudicial. 

It is a misguided belief because homosexuals are not going to hell. God loves everybody. He simply provides a blueprint for a way of living. Understanding is a two-way street and rejecting God or religion without truly understanding the message that's being imparted by Him is a disservice to one's self as well as their Maker. 

I'll only accept a forgiving God as my savior.

Any religion that misuses its teachings against people that they hate is no real real religion in my Book!