Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Religion?

Rozylee

39 minutes ago, SummerOfGold said:

Sorry didn't see the comment before replying. Gimme a sec

(sorry in advance if I'm missing the point)

Look, I'm sorry for butting in. I'm not trying to be pushy about this. If I'm being honest, I replied because I felt like I was being forced into a box and completely discredited.

Sorry, Niko.

Why not just PM him to challenge him to a debate? It's really unnecessary to drag it on a topic where people are just expressing their beliefs :).

19 hours ago, The Cynical Lone Wolf said:

Im agonist because Im a scientist, but I also believe in the paranormal 

But people can be scientists and religious, so I question the "because" part. 

I am (or used to be) a physicist and I also believe in the paranormal. 

• Brohoof 2

40 minutes ago, SummerOfGold said:

I don't see why you feel the need to suddenly turn hostile. Have I said anything to insult or demean you?

I think I can honestly say that I understand it more than you do because I don't just walk into it with the hostility you obviously have towards it. You have a negative bias towards it and it shows in the way you respond. And while you can say "I've heard that argument before" I can say the same for your comments. It's a book, and I've studied it more than you have and read studies from people who have studied it more than I have. When you know about something somebody doesn't know about, you are able to tell that they don't know it because you have more to go off of.

Instead of giving the standard "sexist and contradicting" arguments, could you please explain yourself and where you have drawn those conclusions? I'm trying to be kind an honest with you. Could you pay me the same courtesy? We're adults, not children.

Sorry didn't see the comment before replying. Gimme a sec

First off, I find it funny how you mention my apparent hostility only after there are people telling us to chill out. I obviously haven't changed my speaking manner, probably just your imagination:D I wouldn't get mad over something like a religious debate on a My Little Pony forum, trust me. You can be relaxed about that. 

Again, I didn't walk to it with hostility, you're repeating yourself over and over again, I was a CHRISTIAN. Of course I have a negative bias against it, not only towards christianity, but religion overall. You see, seeing people worshiping a god that would send me to hell, torturing for eternity ONLY because I choose not to believe in him (by the free will that HE gave me?), it kind of enrages me. And it really should, to be honest. You're again assuming my knowledge of your book, and saying that you have more to go off of, while you haven't mentioned anything from the bible, and haven't stated anything except assuming and insulting my knowledge more and more.

I find it weird that you're rambling about how much you've studied the bible, and haven't noticed anything sexist or self contradicting about it. 

I don't remember the exact quotes but if you did read the bible you must have read the husband-wife mentions and all of the rules. You see, there were multiple occasions where "looking at your husband as the Lord" were mentioned, the husband's words being absolute, and the fact that the wife should remain silent. I don't know why I must be the one telling you all this, you really should know what's written in there if you've studied it that well. 

And PLEASE don't give me the i"t's the old testament" stuff, wasn't your god eternal? Wasn't his word perfect? Wasn't his position on a topic absolute? The mere existence of the new testament is a contradiction to the entire bible. Since god is never wrong, he never lies, why would the rules be changed from absolutely brutal to a bit less brutal? Maybe to keep the followers from leaving because of its harshness? No, of course not. God never lies, yet there are stories of him using his own creations as testing subjects for choosing the worthy one. Do you remember the story of Job? Where your loving god practically made a bet with satan about what Job would do if he got his children murdered. I guess god still comes out as the good guy since he gives him his children back, right?:D

1 hour ago, ZethaPonderer said:

Aside from this catfight that's going on here between an Atheist and a Christian, I just want to say my piece that context matters when reading any religious scriptures. And catering to the clearest and logically sound interpretation is integral to understand the scriptures to practice the teachings effectively. Because the main issue that I have is people cherry picking verses with zero context and using their own personal interpretation without any research on their end to back their interpretations of the verses up. To understand the Torah read the Talmud to get the context out of the verses. Because reading the Torah on its own isn't enough.

Nonono @Niko, you're thinking about the Old Testament. Most Christians follow the New Testament from the Bible which is a serious shift from the Old Testament teachings. I don't know if this means that ALL of the teachings in the Old Testament are abrogated though? :P

As for @SummerOfGold, please understand that not everyone thinks the same as you. It's really uncalled for on your end especially when Niko was directing his comment to Hierok. Please learn how to fit in somebody's shoes next time. Cause people at this day and age have their right to be critically harsh or be willfully ignorant and are raised differently than you. At least be grateful that Niko read The Bible (though I don't know if you were forced to read it on your end there Niko? :lol:).

I think the first part should answer your first point. 

And no, I was never forced to read the bible. I actually read it when I became an atheist, or when I was turning into one. 

EDIT: I just noticed the apology thingy, I'm fine with anything to be honest, I'm just up for a debate, nothing else. We can stop, if you want. I just really enjoy talking about religion that's all, and my way of talking about it might come across as rude or harsh, but that's just how it is.

I understand. And lol, I wasn't really reading the other people saying to "chill out" until later. Maybe I got the angry vibe from capital letters, idk. Guess it doesn't matter really.

And yes, I have read those verses and ones on the subject, quite recently in fact. And yes, I'm still saying that you are not as read as I am. I don't know how to say this without coming across as "high and mighty" but you are really cherry picking which verses you read and how you see them. I know that's rich coming from a Christian, but like I said, I read them recently. I assure you you need to poke around more. And I don't object to being more specific, it's just that my breaks at work are short and phones suck for typing :).

I never said "it's just the OT" and certainy don't believe that. Again, I can be more specific, just ask. I feel like we're on even ground now and aren't in as much danger of me thinking you're being aggressive (sorry about that).

I have read Job, and still maintain that you are cherry picking.

Would you rather talk in PM, or is it fine here?

• Brohoof 2

10 hours ago, SummerOfGold said:

I understand. And lol, I wasn't really reading the other people saying to "chill out" until later. Maybe I got the angry vibe from capital letters, idk. Guess it doesn't matter really.

And yes, I have read those verses and ones on the subject, quite recently in fact. And yes, I'm still saying that you are not as read as I am. I don't know how to say this without coming across as "high and mighty" but you are really cherry picking which verses you read and how you see them. I know that's rich coming from a Christian, but like I said, I read them recently. I assure you you need to poke around more. And I don't object to being more specific, it's just that my breaks at work are short and phones suck for typing :).

I never said "it's just the OT" and certainy don't believe that. Again, I can be more specific, just ask. I feel like we're on even ground now and aren't in as much danger of me thinking you're being aggressive (sorry about that).

I have read Job, and still maintain that you are cherry picking.

Would you rather talk in PM, or is it fine here?

Ye, I use capital letters for a word when I'm trying to put more focus into them, not because I'm mad or anything.

Well you have your own opinion on how rich your knowledge is, I have mine. Calling me out for cherrypicking bible verses is kind of ironic, considering you know what most christians do. Pick the good stuff and leave the bad stuff as "not important" or "misinterpreted". 
Glad you never use the "just the OT" statement, I find it absolutely ridiculous.

I wouldn't call what I'm doing "cherrypicking", though, when arguing FOR atheism, I wouldn't use the good stuff out of the bible, as you'd expect. It's like saying I'm cherrypicking the bad stuff out of the subject I'm trying to disprove, because I'm not stating the good stuff about it. It doesn't make sense, since I SHOULD be doing that, lol. I wouldn't say that you're cherrypicking the good stuff, just because you're actually doing what you're supposed to, which in this case is pointing out the good stuff and denying/going against the bad.

i think it's fine here, or let's bring it over to some other more appropriate thread, I think there was a "general religion discussion" one somewhere here... Dunno.

I'd say I am mostly agnostic since I didn't go to church growing up or was raised under any sort of religion.

There was a time I nearly got into a cult from someone who was friendly to me in order to manipulate me by asking me to come with her for her bible studies but tried to get me to convert to their form of Christianity and was eager to "baptize" me that very day. (They even said that their form of religion is the only true religion and that all other types of Christianity were made by Satanists). I've been especially wary of religion, especially organized religion, since.

• Brohoof 1

I believe that there is a god/goddess for every single idea. I believe that when you are born, you are atheist by default, but it is possible to choose which god you worship and that god will bless you. You're born an atheist, but Christian parents can raise you to be a Christian and God will bless you. However, it is possible to choose a different god/goddess for any idea that you desire, and that god will bless you. You can begin praying to literally anything you can imagine, whether it's the classroom pet, your favorite food, your personal computer, the possibilities are endless. I chose Rainbow Dash, and I am happy with my choice.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm not a Buddhist, but I do believe in Karma and reincarnation

A lot of religions out there have bits and pieces that make sense to me, but a central concept or idea that turns me off. I used to believe in purgatory, but didn't really consider myself a Christian

Edited by Annie

I'm a full-blooded atheist. I was a Christian a long time ago, but I just stopped going to church because I got bored and the religion got old to me. That, and the Bible says that you should be good and this and that. And I am mostly, and I have manners and respect, but people constantly surrendering themselves and crying and such for an imaginary person sort of makes me laugh. I was never really touched by the preacher when I did go to church. I got the meanings if you subtracted the religious crap. Be good, don't steal, don't kill, don't do adultery. etc.

Pretty much though, you can look at the law and figure that stuff out. It's common sense. It also made it very pointless to go if those same people that went to church turned out to be bad the whole week, but on Sunday they pretended to be good. It just made no sense to me that half of those people were lying, so I just stopped going.

I did get the memo though. You put your money in the basket that went around and you listened what the Preacher said. I would usually fall asleep the whole time or I would almost be at that point, and then I would struggle to drive home being sleepy while it was still 12 AM on a Sunday when I could be doing something else constructive like mowing the lawn or working on the house. It just never seemed to grasp me going to church like everyone else says it did. I already knew the basics of the Bible. I imagine though, that other people would disagree with me, but I don't really care. I believe what I believe. 

But yea, I'm an Atheist. Religion is pretty pointless to me. I just kind of forgot about it through the years and I don't really find a need for it anymore. If I die then I guess oh well. I'm not going anywhere anyways. :/

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, The Equestrian Brony said:

I'm a full-blooded atheist. I was a Christian a long time ago, but I just stopped going to church because I got bored and the religion got old to me. That, and the Bible says that you should be good and this and that. And I am mostly, and I have manners and respect, but people constantly surrendering themselves and crying and such for an imaginary person sort of makes me laugh. I was never really touched by the preacher when I did go to church. I got the meanings if you subtracted the religious crap. Be good, don't steal, don't kill, don't do adultery. etc.

Pretty much though, you can look at the law and figure that stuff out. It's common sense. It also made it very pointless to go if those same people that went to church turned out to be bad the whole week, but on Sunday they pretended to be good. It just made no sense to me that half of those people were lying, so I just stopped going.

I did get the memo though. You put your money in the basket that went around and you listened what the Preacher said. I would usually fall asleep the whole time or I would almost be at that point, and then I would struggle to drive home being sleepy while it was still 12 AM on a Sunday when I could be doing something else constructive like mowing the lawn or working on the house. It just never seemed to grasp me going to church like everyone else says it did. I already knew the basics of the Bible. I imagine though, that other people would disagree with me, but I don't really care. I believe what I believe. 

But yea, I'm an Atheist. Religion is pretty pointless to me. I just kind of forgot about it through the years and I don't really find a need for it anymore. If I die then I guess oh well. I'm not going anywhere anyways. :/

To be fair though, Christianity to me is quite the black sheep in comparison to Judaism and Islam since their concept of The Trinity Theology in relation to the belief of Monotheism (There can ONLY be One God) is a mystery that can be attested by many Christian scholars. The Abrahamic God YHWH/Allah/Ellah/Elohim has no Form (impossible to imagine Him basically) so to depict Him in a Human Form equivalent to Zeus and other gods being depicted as animals and anything that is considered a form under polytheistic beliefs makes no sense.

Honestly, Polytheism makes no sense to me cause portraying a diety in a form limits their powers. Such great power these pagan gods display e.g. Thor, Zeus cannot be considered limitless if they are in any form. It's irrational to believe that any entity in a form exercising such power to bend reality to their will would have no limits. Furthermore, having this many gods will only breed chaos and injustice since the pagan gods would fight amongst each other for power.

A god that is formless is limitless with its powers, and the belief that He is One and Whole establishes order and justice. Also, the reason why the term 'He' is being emphasized to describe The Almighty is because that term screams dominance. In reality it should be 'It' since The Abrahamic God is genderless, but strangely enough under Hebrew Terminology He = It, so technically God is He/It.

I know based on my belief, I pray to Allah/YHWH/Ellah/Elohim not because He/It expects me to pray to Him/It, but its for my benefit. So the concept of why Jews, Christians and Muslims pray to God is showing respect to Him/It as our Creator through worship and for our benefit. There's a line between Respect and Worship, so to me they're not the same thing.

Edited by ZethaPonderer
  • Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, ZethaPonderer said:

To be fair though, Christianity to me is quite the black sheep in comparison to Judaism and Islam since their concept of The Trinity Theology in relation to the belief of Monotheism (There can ONLY be One God) is a mystery that can be attested by many Christian scholars. The Abrahamic God YHWH/Allah/Ellah/Elohim has no Form (impossible to imagine Him basically) so to depict Him in a Human Form equivalent to Zeus and other gods being depicted as animals and anything that is considered a form under polytheistic beliefs makes no sense.

Honestly, Polytheism makes no sense to me cause portraying a diety in a form limits their powers. Such great power these pagan gods display e.g. Thor, Zeus cannot be considered limitless if they are in any form. It's irrational to believe that any entity in a form exercising such power to bend reality to their will would have no limits. Furthermore, having this many gods will only breed chaos and injustice since the pagan gods would fight amongst each other for power.

A god that is formless is limitless with its powers, and the belief that He is One and Whole establishes order and justice. Also, the reason why the term 'He' is being emphasized to describe The Almighty is because that term screams dominance. In reality it should be 'It' since The Abrahamic God is genderless, but strangely enough under Hebrew Terminology He = It, so technically God is He/It.

I know based on my belief, I pray to Allah/YHWH/Ellah/Elohim not because He/It expects me to pray to Him/It, but its for my benefit. So the concept of why Jews, Christians and Muslims pray to God is showing respect to Him/It as our Creator and for our benefit.

But the old testament, isn't it also part of the quran? It implies god has a form, for if you see his face you die or lose your sanity. (exactly like an eldritch abomination!)

Also there are many ways to argue for some being a black sheep, literally any and all differences could be made.

Also the truth doesn't care what its compared to. A truth is true regardless of who it sits next to. So it doesn't matter that it may or may not be a black sheep in regards to your faith's accuracy or inaccuracy.

Also there are alot of things a most powerful god could do aside from having a form that shows he is limited. Like, he chooses a flood, instead of instantly snapping his fingers and preventing all conflicts for all of eternity. Why would he want to create his own problem?

Its like an artist letting a dog tramp all over their floor painting before it dries, and pee on it, and let it prance around and prevent you from working at all. Anybody with half a brain would've isolated the dog before hand to prevent the problem. And the artist says, ya know what, the parts of the painting that I let get dirty from the dog, I will recreate them in a painting of the utmost agony! lol Besides, a god doesn't have a body, so he does not get stress hormones to cause anger. So even a humanized god disproves itself automatically by saying we are made in his image. Plus its incredibly narcissistic. Like of all the species on earth, we are the ones that god made us like, that's like being a demi-god compared to mortals or something.

I think the narcissism is more readily explained from humans overcoming the challenges of nature when moving out of nomadicism into sedentary lifestyles. And I understand that transition well enough for it to debunk any claims of god I have seen thus far. Literally aliens or god(s) or angels themselves etc would need to come down as evidence, and even then it might in the future be a projection or hologram from someone trolling. Or the aliens could claim to be gods or angels, and actually be lying. Etc etc etc. I looked at religions from each continent, and all seem the same aside from Darwinism and geographic restrictions and resources causing localized differences.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
53 minutes ago, CuriUndersXeno said:

But the old testament, isn't it also part of the quran? It implies god has a form, for if you see his face you die or lose your sanity. (exactly like an eldritch abomination!)

Also there are many ways to argue for some being a black sheep, literally any and all differences could be made.

Also the truth doesn't care what its compared to. A truth is true regardless of who it sits next to. So it doesn't matter that it may or may not be a black sheep in regards to your faith's accuracy or inaccuracy.

Also there are alot of things a most powerful god could do aside from having a form that shows he is limited. Like, he chooses a flood, instead of instantly snapping his fingers and preventing all conflicts for all of eternity. Why would he want to create his own problem?

Its like an artist letting a dog tramp all over their floor painting before it dries, and pee on it, and let it prance around and prevent you from working at all. Anybody with half a brain would've isolated the dog before hand to prevent the problem. And the artist says, ya know what, the parts of the painting that I let get dirty from the dog, I will recreate them in a painting of the utmost agony! lol Besides, a god doesn't have a body, so he does not get stress hormones to cause anger. So even a humanized god disproves itself automatically by saying we are made in his image. Plus its incredibly narcissistic. Like of all the species on earth, we are the ones that god made us like, that's like being a demi-god compared to mortals or something.

I think the narcissism is more readily explained from humans overcoming the challenges of nature when moving out of nomadicism into sedentary lifestyles. And I understand that transition well enough for it to debunk any claims of god I have seen thus far. Literally aliens or god(s) or angels themselves etc would need to come down as evidence, and even then it might in the future be a projection or hologram from someone trolling. Or the aliens could claim to be gods or angels, and actually be lying. Etc etc etc. I looked at religions from each continent, and all seem the same aside from Darwinism and geographic restrictions and resources causing localized differences.

Well I don't really imagine The God of Abraham (I couldn't but His name 'Allah' under Arabic terminology) since according to the Quran it only describes Him/It that 'Nothing is quite Like Him/It'. So you raise an important question and unfortunately I don't have the decisive answer. How can Nothing be Something? He/It is also being described in attributes for Jews, Christians, and Muslims to understand His might (aka The 99 names of Allah/YHWH under Islam or the 72 names of Allah/YHWH under Judeo-Christian). Even the Old Testament depicts YHWH as a formless incomprehensible phenomenon when reading the first five books that make up the Torah where the rebellious people amongst the Israelites themselves rebelled to Prophet Moses (AS) because they want to see YHWH manifest into existence in our world, and Moses had no choice but to talk this over to YHWH. What I do know is that in the Pentateuch YHWH tried to bring Himself into existence, and yes as you state @CuriUndersXeno, the rebellious people amongst the Israelites perished.

I just don't believe that Allah/YHWH has a form and if there are implications of Him/It bearing a form e.g. hands, I don't believe it's meant to be taken literally and such verses implying Allah/YHWH having a form should be taken metaphorically. That's another thing, other than reading the scriptures in the most literal sense, sometimes there are verses within the scriptures that are so ambiguous it could mean anything and what I know is that The Prophets can truly understand the ambiguity of some of the verses within the scriptures they preached to Humanity e.g. I don't know the Arabic Letters that are in the Quran: Alif Laam Meem, Ta Ha, Alif Laam Raa. But, what I do know is that Allah and his closest creations (The Prophets and Imams) know the true meaning behind the sacred letters. Those letters serve as a reminder that no creation in this Earth knows EVERYTHING except Allah and His closest creations (The Prophets and Imams).

We will all die if He/It manifests into existence in the Universe we inhabit (basically Judgement Day).

A god being made out of our image is illogical based on the evidences that are in the Old Testament and Quran. So, for Him be formless to maintain such immeasurable power would make the most sense. A god in a form will still display limits to exercise their power e.g. Zeus needing to use his hands to generate lightning or Thor needing to use his hammer to conjure lightning. But, Allah/YHWH doesn't need to do any of that. He just declares something BE and it comes/erases into existence as His creation.

Edited by ZethaPonderer

(edited)
5 hours ago, ZethaPonderer said:

Well I don't really imagine The God of Abraham (I couldn't but His name 'Allah' under Arabic terminology) since according to the Quran it only describes Him/It that 'Nothing is quite Like Him/It'. So you raise an important question and unfortunately I don't have the decisive answer. How can Nothing be Something? He/It is also being described in attributes for Jews, Christians, and Muslims to understand His might (aka The 99 names of Allah/YHWH under Islam or the 72 names of Allah/YHWH under Judeo-Christian). Even the Old Testament depicts YHWH as a formless incomprehensible phenomenon when reading the first five books that make up the Torah where the rebellious people amongst the Israelites themselves rebelled to Prophet Moses (AS) because they want to see YHWH manifest into existence in our world, and Moses had no choice but to talk this over to YHWH. What I do know is that in the Pentateuch YHWH tried to bring Himself into existence, and yes as you state @CuriUndersXeno, the rebellious people amongst the Israelites perished.

I just don't believe that Allah/YHWH has a form and if there are implications of Him/It bearing a form e.g. hands, I don't believe it's meant to be taken literally and such verses implying Allah/YHWH having a form should be taken metaphorically. That's another thing, other than reading the scriptures in the most literal sense, sometimes there are verses within the scriptures that are so ambiguous it could mean anything and what I know is that The Prophets can truly understand the ambiguity of some of the verses within the scriptures they preached to Humanity e.g. I don't know the Arabic Letters that are in the Quran: Alif Laam Meem, Ta Ha, Alif Laam Raa. But, what I do know is that Allah and his closest creations (The Prophets and Imams) know the true meaning behind the sacred letters. Those letters serve as a reminder that no creation in this Earth knows EVERYTHING except Allah and His closest creations (The Prophets and Imams).

We will all die if He/It manifests into existence in the Universe we inhabit (basically Judgement Day).

A god being made out of our image is illogical based on the evidences that are in the Old Testament and Quran. So, for Him be formless to maintain such immeasurable power would make the most sense. A god in a form will still display limits to exercise their power e.g. Zeus needing to use his hands to generate lightning or Thor needing to use his hammer to conjure lightning. But, Allah/YHWH doesn't need to do any of that. He just declares something BE and it comes/erases into existence as His creation.

That's a lot to read lol. You know more about the Muslim faith than I do about the Christian faith (or at least when I used to be into that stuff). Too bad I never really payed attention to the preacher. lol 

Also, why is Christianity the black sheep of the other religions? I'm not a Christian anymore, so it wont bother me really for what you think about them. I'm actually more interested in knowing what you think about it. I'm curious really. I like hearing other open opinions about stuff like Religion lol

Edited by The Equestrian Brony
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, The Equestrian Brony said:

That's a lot to read lol. You know more about the Muslim faith than I do about the Christian faith (or at least when I used to be into that stuff). Too bad I never really payed attention to the preacher. lol 

Well I try my absolute hardest to understand Judeo-Christian Theology and Islamic Theology since they share quite a lot of similarities. So to further my study of the Quran, I must study the historical legacy of the alleged Prophet Muhammad being the last of The Abrahamic God's apostles and his biologically linked family known as The Ahlul-Bayt.

And I also try my hardest to study both The Torah and The Bible under their original languages (Hebrew and Aramaic) to fully understand the legacy the previous apostles have left behind to fully understand the context of where the Quran is coming from.

Basically, I'm focusing on my Abrahamic Religious study under a bird's eye view.

As for why I consider Christianity the black sheep of the Abrahamic Religions is due to the Trinity Theology that completely changes up the fundamental concept of Monotheism that is established in both Judaism and Islam. Honestly, I try getting in touch with a Christian preacher to explain to me the concept behind the Trinity Theology, since I don't understand the Monotheism aspect of it and everytime I try to understand, the less and less sense it makes and more it agitates me to ask questions. Questions that shouldn't formulate on the top of my head.

I ask questions to seek answers and I have no desire to offend both Jews and Christians that'll read my post. So please excuse my doubts and skepticism.

*Deep Breath* Here I go,

If it is established under the OT and The Quran that Allah/YHWH is One and Whole then what reason does He/It have in the NT to seemingly split his Oneness into 3 entities: The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit? Is He/It not limiting His immeasurable power by doing so? Why Prophet Jesus/Isa (AS) as the Son of God? Because he came into existence from his virgin mother Mary? Why not Prophet Adam (AS) be the Son of God since he came into existence without the need of a mother and a father and YHWH directly created him? Does that not make his existence superior to Jesus?

The concept of monotheism is truly baffling to me in Christianity because of the plausibility of the Trinity Theology that was established as a doctrine from the Council of Nicea at 325 AD, ascribing Prophet Jesus/Isa (AS) and The Holy Spirit being equal to YHWH (The Father) which IMO goes against everything the OT YHWH was described being One and Whole.

Judeo-Christian history has got to be the most complex piece of ancient history I've ever researched aside from my religion. So many things were happening before and after Prophet Jesus/Isa (AS)'s timeline.

Edited by ZethaPonderer
  • Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, ZethaPonderer said:

Well I try my absolute hardest to understand Judeo-Christian Theology and Islamic Theology since they share quite a lot of similarities. So to further my study of the Quran, I must study the historical legacy of the alleged Prophet Muhammad being the last of The Abrahamic God's apostles and his biologically linked family known as The Ahlul-Bayt.

And I also try my hardest to study both The Torah and The Bible under their original languages (Hebrew and Aramaic) to fully understand the legacy the previous apostles have left behind to fully understand the context of where the Quran is coming from.

Basically, I'm focusing on my Abrahamic Religious study under a bird's eye view.

As for why I consider Christianity the black sheep of the Abrahamic Religions is due to the Trinity Theology that completely changes up the fundamental concept of Monotheism that is established in both Judaism and Islam. Honestly, I try getting in touch with a Christian preacher to explain to me the concept behind the Trinity Theology, since I don't understand the Monotheism aspect of it and everytime I try to understand, the less and less sense it makes and more it agitates me to ask questions. Questions that shouldn't formulate on the top of my head.

I ask questions to seek answers and I have no desire to offend both Jews and Christians that'll read my post. So please excuse my doubts and skepticism.

*Deep Breath* Here I go,

If it is established under the OT and The Quran that Allah/YHWH is One and Whole then what reason does He/It have in the NT to seemingly split his Oneness into 3 entities: The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit? Is He/It not limiting His immeasurable power by doing so? Why Prophet Jesus/Isa (AS) as the Son of God? Because he came into existence from his virgin mother Mary? Why not Prophet Adam (AS) be the Son of God since he came into existence without the need of a mother and a father and YHWH directly created him? Does that not make his existence superior to Jesus?

The concept of monotheism is truly baffling to me in Christianity because of the plausibility of the Trinity Theology that was established as a doctrine from the Council of Nicea at 325 AD, ascribing Prophet Jesus/Isa (AS) and The Holy Spirit being equal to YHWH (The Father) which IMO goes against everything the OT YHWH was described being One and Whole.

Judeo-Christian history has got to be the most complex piece of ancient history I've ever researched aside from my religion. So many things were happening before and after Prophet Jesus/Isa (AS)'s timeline.

huh... That does make pretty good sense actually. I never thought of it that way. I was always also told that Muhammad and Jesus were buddies at one time, and I knew that the Quran and the Bible sort of were related. But growing up, I followed the Bible because I had to. Everyone in my family is very very Christian. It's almost laughable really. Every paycheck they get they preyed, every meal they get, they preyed. Literally anything they preyed about.

Mainly that's one of the reasons why I'm not a Christian anymore. I got tired of praying to nothing with no results, and I was alienating myself from other people. More or less I remembered the 10 commandments and I avoid the 7 deadly sins. Everything else I forgot about or I didn't read it. I'm just glad I didn't submerge myself in Christianity too far. So yea, I'm pretty much an atheist. But I won't disrespect others for being Christian, or any other religion. It's just interesting to me when people talk about religion. lol

I was brought up in a Catholic home, but my mother wasn't as strict as others. I personally don't have a religion any longer, but I do support anyone looking for the structure and guidance of religion. It isn't fair of a non-religious person to tell someone what gets them through their day is wrong or unjust. We all have challenges in our lives, some of us need God to overcome them, some of us don't. Personally, if I hadn't had the guidance of the church when I were little, the mistakes I've made in my life might be much more severe and numerous.

(edited)

I'm an intense atheist who, admittedly isn't an avid fan of religion. It just seems somewhat ...primal to me. I mean, I went to a Christian primary school and my surrounding acquaintances have often attempted to make me pray and go to church but I've always, and will always refuse. My mental health may be poor, but I don't need to turn to religion to help me with that, I just see a lot of therapists instead. 

Edited by Rarity the Supreme
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, The Equestrian Brony said:

huh... That does make pretty good sense actually. I never thought of it that way. I was always also told that Muhammad and Jesus were buddies at one time, and I knew that the Quran and the Bible sort of were related. But growing up, I followed the Bible because I had to. Everyone in my family is very very Christian. It's almost laughable really. Every paycheck they get they preyed, every meal they get, they preyed. Literally anything they preyed about.

Mainly that's one of the reasons why I'm not a Christian anymore. I got tired of praying to nothing with no results, and I was alienating myself from other people. More or less I remembered the 10 commandments and I avoid the 7 deadly sins. Everything else I forgot about or I didn't read it. I'm just glad I didn't submerge myself in Christianity too far. So yea, I'm pretty much an atheist. But I won't disrespect others for being Christian, or any other religion. It's just interesting to me when people talk about religion. lol

At least I'll give Christians credit that they are willing to follow the teachings of Prophet Jesus/Isa (AS) unlike Jews who IMO, with no intention to disrespect on my end, rarely if ever follow the teachings of Prophet Moses/Musa (AS).

I know of a historical account where The Romans idea of taking care of the terminally ill and sick people is the philosophy of the individual's responsibility of taking care of themselves. Basically if you're sick within the Roman Empire and you're all alone with no family to support you, you're basically screwed and no one within the Empire will assist you for medical treatment. This was quite a barbaric practice the Romans had in taking care of the sick when they infiltrated The Land of Israel so at least I'm grateful that Prophet Jesus/Isa (AS) destroyed The Roman Tradition of Caring for The Sick alongside Prophet Muhammad (SAW) destroying the Arab-Pagan tradition of Female Infanticide.

So everytime there's a hospital that is made by Christians, it does make me happy and hopeful that Christians do follow this tradition of taking care of the sick and terminally ill.

Edited by ZethaPonderer
  • Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, ZethaPonderer said:

At least I'll give Christians credit that they are willing to follow the teachings of Prophet Jesus/Isa (AS) unlike Jews who IMO, with no intention to disrespect on my end, rarely if ever follow the teachings of Prophet Moses/Musa (AS).

I know of a historical account where The Romans idea of taking care of the terminally ill and sick people is the philosophy of the individual's responsibility of taking care of themselves. Basically if you're sick within the Roman Empire and you're all alone with no family to support you, you're basically screwed and no one within the Empire will assist you for medical treatment. This was quite a barbaric practice the Romans had in taking care of the sick when they infiltrated The Land of Israel so at least I'm grateful that Prophet Jesus/Isa (AS) destroyed The Roman Tradition of Caring for The Sick alongside Prophet Muhammad (SAW) destroying the Arab-Pagan tradition of Female Infanticide.

So everytime there's a hospital that is made by Christians, it does make me happy and hopeful that Christians do follow this tradition of taking care of the sick and terminally ill.

I didn't know that the Romans did that sort of stuff. I doesn't surprise me though. The Romans were cruel. But I am glad for hospitals build by Christians too. I actually went to a Christian hospital when I was little. I had Pneumococcal meningitis and I was going to die from it if I didn't get cured. Thankfully I did. 

• Brohoof 2