Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Religion?

Rozylee

I suppose agnostic would be my label. Truthfully I've always kind of wanted to be part of a religion for several reasons but it's difficult for me to embrace god after growing up in an atheist environment.

• Brohoof 1

I am a Jedi. That is not a joke and is indeed a religion or for some a philosophy. I am deeply committed to the path and open to any questions people might have about it. 

• Brohoof 1

Not Christian. I say that because I don't consider myself an agnostic nor an atheist, as I'm still open to the idea that there are greater beings out there that very well may have created us, but I have to draw the line at the Christian god because, frankly, I don't like his character. I haven't really delved into the study of any other religions, which is why I say I'm not an atheist or agnostic: I think I'll find something if I keep looking. I'm a wanderer.

And if I don't find anything, that's okay too. I'll be as hurt about missing the billions of years after my death as I have been about missing the billions before my birth (not at all).

I'm a pantheist, so I think God or a higher power is really something that is part of all of us and the surrounding universe. I am repelled by religious dogma but at the same time I don't like the nihilistic, "there's-nothing-and-that's-it" standpoint of secularists and materialists. Really I do think there is a reason we all exist and a reason the universe is set up how it is and refuse to conclude that there are none and just never think about it again. 

Christian. I'm conservative, but I also believe people have the constitutional right to other beliefs. That being said, I still believe Jesus is the only true path to Heaven. 

On 8/12/2017 at 11:33 PM, Frostgage said:

I suppose agnostic would be my label. Truthfully I've always kind of wanted to be part of a religion for several reasons but it's difficult for me to embrace god after growing up in an atheist environment.

A lot of it is about what Church you attend. Every Church is different and some people do better in certain Churches over others. 

• Brohoof 1

I am deist which means my belief is Deism.

Deism: A religious belief holding that God created the universe and established rationally comprehensible moral and natural laws but does not intervene in human affairs through miracles or supernatural revelation.

• Brohoof 1

Ex-Catholic, so an agnostic atheist.

Gotta keep this fact a secret from my religious parents till' I can support myself on my own.

I've heard the horror stories of those who reveal their non-beliefs to their religions parents/guardians.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I'm not sure what I am now. I was raised a baptist christian, the military showed me a lot of things that pushed me away from believing in a god. Now I'm in a sort of limbo where religion hasn't been a part of my life in so long that now that it's odd having bits come back now that I'm visiting my family again.

• Brohoof 1

I am Catholic but I am in some ways very receptive to the Eastern Orthadox faith as well. I was raised Catholic and my husband is as well, but the rest of his family are Orthadox so we spend a lot of time in Orthadox church since he and I's beliefs are a little more loose than the typical devout Catholic. I wouldn't mind converting if it brings us closer to his mother and the rest of their family. Faith to me is more of a comforting road map to life and discipline than something I do just because. It's been a long time since I've been to a proper church, the ones in the place I live now are small and relatively secular. Is a small place. But I will be going back home soon.

I'm christian, and to be specific, I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I suppose there's been times in my life when I wasn't sure God could be real, but at this point, I've seen Jesus Christ literally work within me to bring to pass miracles and give me assurance that could not be from anyone else. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...