Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Religion?

Rozylee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Satanist, like @Pastel Heart. I follow Satanism as defined by The Satanic Temple, though I do acknowledge and follow LaVey's (the majority of) Nine Statements and Sins as well as the Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth - though like Pastel, I HEAVILY disagree with the CoS aside from these writings (and could make the reasonable argument that LaVey is, directly or indirectly, responsible for the problems that plague them today).

Edited by Renegade the Unicorn
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2020 at 9:52 PM, Pastel Heart said:

I'm a Satanist~ Levayan Satanist to be specific, but I don't support the current CoS.

What is the issue with the current CoS? Never been a member myself but have studied the literature a fair bit.

2 hours ago, Jedishy said:

What is the issue with the current CoS? Never been a member myself but have studied the literature a fair bit.

The literature isn't the issue as I have read the Satanic Bible and I like Levays philosophy (otherwise I wouldn't be a satanist), I just don't like the dogmatic nature the church has taken in recent years with the current leadership. I feel that they've projected their own views of Levays philosophy and centralized it. Like @Renegade the Unicorn I'm more of a fan of the Satanic Temple which is more open and closer to my personal views, but I'm not affiliated with any group currently

• Brohoof 1

It is topic on which I definitely have more questions than answers, but I was closer to Atheism in past. I am increasingly doubting Atheism. Briefly, I question the ability of Atheism to maintain a stable social order in the long run, as well as claims of Atheism inducing more logical thinking than religion.

Edited by Luna the Great of all the Russias

I consider myself a mix of Mahayana Buddhism, Taoism and Shinto among other various things. Ultimately, I have a goddess (no other word to really describe her) who I refer to as Lady Fate that I usually keep to myself about. To put it in pony terms. She is to me, what Princess Celestia was to Twilight Sparkle. Except I doubt I'll get a pair of wings and a castle at the end of the day. I wouldn't complain though. A castle would be nice. :P

• Brohoof 2

I am agnostic. I don't know if there's a god and from my perspective all religion is really is a opinion. I respect all religions though, if it doesn't hurt anyone go ahead. Everyone is entitled to their opinion after all, I just don't have one ;)

I'm a Christian, and I hold the beliefs of one as far as the Bible goes. I've seen that Biblical prophecies have happened. Such as the prophecy on travelling and knowledge increasing. And honestly, the possibility of the events of Revelation and end times happening in the near future is very much on the table for me and I'd like not to miss my flight.

• Brohoof 2

Atheist.

I was raised a Christian. Southern Baptist, to be specific. But I started my drift away from the church beginning around the time I moved out of my parents' house in 2012. Over that time, I began to challenge my beliefs. I was doing things and adopting attitudes that didn't sit well with me. I also began to find God not as all forgiving and merciful, but as petty and cruel. That's a conversation for another thread. Also, the messages delivered to me hardly connected. When they did, they didn't fill me with hope and anticipation, but with anxiety. It was because the idea of heaven didn't fill me with those good feelings that I spent a lot of time feeling defective. I pondered for a long time why God created me this way. Why when I prayed, I never heard back (that is if he speaks to you). It was a rough time for me.

So as of last year, I outed myself as a full blown atheist to a few select people who I knew would take it well. I got tired of sitting on the fence. I'm not interested in church or God or any of that. He doesn't speak to me because he doesn't exist. I've found no reason in other areas of life to believe he exists either. 

So anyway, that's my spiel. 

Converting catholic, would have done RCIA this year but places of worship haven't been allowed to open since March here in Scotland

On 12/3/2020 at 8:55 PM, Treeglow Flicker said:

I consider myself a mix of Mahayana Buddhism, Taoism and Shinto among other various things. Ultimately, I have a goddess (no other word to really describe her) who I refer to as Lady Fate that I usually keep to myself about. To put it in pony terms. She is to me, what Princess Celestia was to Twilight Sparkle. Except I doubt I'll get a pair of wings and a castle at the end of the day. I wouldn't complain though. A castle would be nice. :P

tbh I thought you and @Splashee were a thing haha