Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dark Horse

Those of you who felt content in the knowledge that you were safe from love and that your own ship would never sail, I'm afraid I have some wonderful bad news...

For after many moons of faithfully (and for the longest time; single-handedly) serving the Canterlot section with his trusty cupid bow and assuring everyone that "Shhh, it's fine.", @Lightwing has agreed to make his position as resident overlord a bit more official and step into the shoes of Team Lead of Canterlot. Seeing as how that includes lording over the Welcoming Plaza, this essentially means that passing a ship exam is now mandatory towards your accessibility of the forum. Don't worry though; the questions are painstakingly easy:

1. What is best ship?

Answer:

Spoiler

WjzA7TW.png

*(After Jeric x Button's Mom)

--

Best of luck Lightwing! ;)

• Brohoof 16

So this is how the forum gets destroyed then. With lots of shipping. D:

*Hides in his shipping bunker*

• Brohoof 7

Oh snap! Time for a patented Jeric style post stuffed with saccharine words. 

Canterlot has had a long line of stewards in just the three years I've been here. SCS, Dawn, Kou, myself, and now Lightwing. That's a strong list of people that had the task of being the intermediary between development/Adminstration and the users. I've said time and again that this role with the one I cherished the most. You get to be a face and voice for the staff, displaying all of it's virtues. You get to actively help. 

Lightwing. I remember being the current Team Leader of Canterlot (then called the MLPF section) when I was dropped a link to your application. I hate to admit that I was astonished at how genuine, passionate, and well articulated your application was. At that time I had always seen you as someone who would be disinterested in staff work, and one of our resident playful (but good natured) trolls. Two of the Team Leaders at the time took notice. 

It took some time (and effort) to convince others of the what we had seen, and eventually you were given a shot. I say this not to embarrass you, but to show others that preconceptions can sometimes blind us to great discoveries in others and in ourselves. 

I watched you grow on staff as a staffer, a member, and a person. Your inclusion added a sense of fun to the group, and ethical approach to your job was commendable. You were unafraid to be the contrary opinion, yet did so without an argumentative approach. 

You also withstood numerous events that threatened to undermine cohesion and stability of the entire community and the staff itself. Most importantly, you built relationships with those around you. That Lightwing is the best type of ship. The worlds of romance you create in your head with such whimsy don't hold a candle to how friendships tend to build around you. 

On a personal note - this past Christmas a certain ship you created became personally canonical, something that certainly was unthinkable back in 2014, yet this along with Pirate, Jonas, and others helped to return my belief that there was still something worthwhile for me in this community. You did good Lighty ... continue to do good. 

Serendipity lives on good sir!

• Brohoof 9

Now, every new user will be shipped before they even finish registering! :blink: (Good luck out there, you brave souls!)  

Congratulations, Light! In my opinion, you were already demonstrating great leadership in Canterlot even before your new position became official, so I am not surprised one bit by this promotion. :twi:

• Brohoof 5

41 minutes ago, Lady Kiriness said:

so I am not surprised one bit by this promotion

Speaking of. You are looking different these days Kirin. New hair cut? ;)

#purpleisbestcolor

• Brohoof 4

Congrats @Lightwing you silly pone! :D I hope you have fun in your new position and best of luck!
Wait..

14 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

this essentially means that passing a ship exam is now mandatory towards your accessibility of the forum.

ImNotSoSureAboutThisGuysNOOOO!!!!
Related image

• Brohoof 3

I am so happy to see this happen. It was kind of bound to happen when you were no longer the only person serving in the Canterlot section ;) As others have pointed out, your dedication to that section has been marvelous. So many people you have helped out who were in need of answering and so many ships (that I love to sink (or raid)) you have delivered. The DarkHorsexLightwing ship still lives on. 

Having witnessed your passion first hand, seeing how determined you were to pass on your knowledge to other people, I can not see anyone else more fitting to take up the mantle as team leader of the Canterlot section. Hopefully there will be more people that will join up in that section so that you can continue to display your skills in leadership and your skills at teaching. You can do it, I have seen it ;)

Congratulations Lightwing, may you continue protecting Canterlot for a long time :D

59329b24c6240_RavenxCupida.thumb.png.9569bc6048455ce9b6d7ee3ac9ce4930.png

Ships (JUST THIS ONE TIME THOUGH!!!!) 

13 hours ago, Blue Diamond said:

On a personal note - this past Christmas a certain ship you created became personally canonical, something that certainly was unthinkable back in 2014, yet this along with Pirate, Jonas, and others helped to return my belief that there was still something worthwhile for me in this community. You did good Lighty ... continue to do good. 

Darling, I only do my job here at being me! 

full.gif

• Brohoof 3

Congrats, @Lightwing and everything being said here is true, you ship more than FedEx and UPS combined!  And I can personally attest to this. :P 

3 hours ago, Vulcan said:

DarkWing is clearly the Best Ship...It's built like the Yamato O_O

Also Congratulations Lightwing! 

Yup, it takes a lickin' but keeps on tickin'.  :smug:

• Brohoof 3

Well, this took a while to write. I was busy until this very moments, but for everyone in advance just so you dont' have to read through ALL of this. Thank you all of you, from the bottom of my heart. I never thought I would be on this position, and I'll do my absolute best on this position to keep this place clean :grin:

On 6/2/2017 at 10:52 PM, Derplight Sperkle said:

The age of ships is coming! 

Congrats Lightwing!

Hides underneath the couch from too much ships

And what more you should expect. I have told you this before, if you have fear now, I can't help but wonder how will it be on the future... :>

On 6/2/2017 at 11:00 PM, Mesme Rize said:

So this is how the forum gets destroyed then. With lots of shipping. D:

*Hides in his shipping bunker*

HEY, I WON'T DESTROY THE FORUM again JUST BECAUSE OF SOME SHIPPING again , YOU ARE A JERK FOR THINKING THAT :< again

On 6/2/2017 at 11:03 PM, Totally Lyra said:

Way to go Senpai! Congrats! post-25189-0-33094200-1412626540.png

Take Canterlot over the sea on the finest of ships.

Yee haw, thank you Lyra! You are doing so far an excellent job, and I'll do my best so you improve even more

On 6/2/2017 at 11:28 PM, Blue Diamond said:

Oh snap! Time for a patented Jeric style post stuffed with saccharine words. 

Canterlot has had a long line of stewards in just the three years I've been here. SCS, Dawn, Kou, myself, and now Lightwing. That's a strong list of people that had the task of being the intermediary between development/Adminstration and the users. I've said time and again that this role with the one I cherished the most. You get to be a face and voice for the staff, displaying all of it's virtues. You get to actively help. 

Lightwing. I remember being the current Team Leader of Canterlot (then called the MLPF section) when I was dropped a link to your application. I hate to admit that I was astonished at how genuine, passionate, and well articulated your application was. At that time I had always seen you as someone who would be disinterested in staff work, and one of our resident playful (but good natured) trolls. Two of the Team Leaders at the time took notice. 

It took some time (and effort) to convince others of the what we had seen, and eventually you were given a shot. I say this not to embarrass you, but to show others that preconceptions can sometimes blind us to great discoveries in others and in ourselves. 

I watched you grow on staff as a staffer, a member, and a person. Your inclusion added a sense of fun to the group, and ethical approach to your job was commendable. You were unafraid to be the contrary opinion, yet did so without an argumentative approach. 

You also withstood numerous events that threatened to undermine cohesion and stability of the entire community and the staff itself. Most importantly, you built relationships with those around you. That Lightwing is the best type of ship. The worlds of romance you create in your head with such whimsy don't hold a candle to how friendships tend to build around you. 

Serendipity lives on good sir!

I will not lie, I didn't read this post at first when I brohoofed it. I wanted to read it personally as I wrote this, but to be honest, you made it darn hard, Jeric...

I literally could write hours upon hours about how that chance that I was given made me improve both as a staffer and as a person, but I'll leave it short to make it easy for us all. Back in 2015 I was shocked when I became staff, and it was only later when I found out about what you just mentioned. I can feel how that small thing made me bloom into something more, more than my 18 years old self could have ever dreamt. I should be the one congratulating, on the opposite, you and many others through my stay on the staff made it come true, I wouldn't be even here, or hell, I wouldn't even be the person I am today if it wasn' for all of that stuff. For all of that, thank you, from the bottom of my ship-filled heart.

Serendipity lives on good back, sir! or something like that, i'm legit not used to using that word at all thankyouspain

On 6/3/2017 at 2:05 AM, Lady Kiriness said:

Now, every new user will be shipped before they even finish registering! :blink: (Good luck out there, you brave souls!)  

Congratulations, Light! In my opinion, you were already demonstrating great leadership in Canterlot even before your new position became official, so I am not surprised one bit by this promotion. :twi:

Aw, thank you Kiri! I will have to make my ships live even harder than usual if only to live up to your expectations! :P

On 6/3/2017 at 1:01 PM, Snow said:

Congrats @Lightwing you silly pone! :D I hope you have fun in your new position and best of luck!
Wait..

ImNotSoSureAboutThisGuysNOOOO!!!!
Related image

Heu, you knew where you were getting yourself into when I got here. Now you shall suffer my wrath :> *gently pushes you back and forth saying "Ship"* Ship

On 6/3/2017 at 1:19 PM, JonasDarkmane said:

I am so happy to see this happen. It was kind of bound to happen when you were no longer the only person serving in the Canterlot section ;) As others have pointed out, your dedication to that section has been marvelous. So many people you have helped out who were in need of answering and so many ships (that I love to sink (or raid)) you have delivered. The DarkHorsexLightwing ship still lives on. 

Having witnessed your passion first hand, seeing how determined you were to pass on your knowledge to other people, I can not see anyone else more fitting to take up the mantle as team leader of the Canterlot section. Hopefully there will be more people that will join up in that section so that you can continue to display your skills in leadership and your skills at teaching. You can do it, I have seen it ;)

Congratulations Lightwing, may you continue protecting Canterlot for a long time :D

59329b24c6240_RavenxCupida.thumb.png.9569bc6048455ce9b6d7ee3ac9ce4930.png

Ships (JUST THIS ONE TIME THOUGH!!!!) 

Darling, I only do my job here at being me! 

full.gif

Awie, you really do warm up my heart with things like that c: You might act all mean and ship-sinker-y, but you were and always be a ship partner, no matter what you say. For real though, thank you very much!

aax6ehM.png

On 6/3/2017 at 1:23 PM, Vulcan said:

DarkWing is clearly the Best Ship...It's built like the Yamato O_O

Also Congratulations Lightwing! 

And if you think that's all it has to offer, you better tremble in fear of what it has to show from now on!

really though thank youuu :>

On 6/3/2017 at 4:37 PM, Wingnut said:

Congrats, @Lightwing and everything being said here is true, you ship more than FedEx and UPS combined!  And I can personally attest to this. :P 

Yup, it takes a lickin' but keeps on tickin'.  :smug:

Oh boi, senpai notices me twice in one week!

I will live up to that, and I will keep my legacy going until I either run out of energy or... something else happens, I guess!

19 hours ago, Rikifive said:

All aboard the hype train love ship! :love:

A well deserved promotion - Congratulations! :) 

Thank you!

• Brohoof 7

On 2017-6-2 at 9:49 PM, Dark Horse said:

Those of you who felt content in the knowledge that you were safe from love and that your own ship would never sail, I'm afraid I have some wonderful bad news...

For after many moons of faithfully (and for the longest time; single-handedly) serving the Canterlot section with his trusty cupid bow and assuring everyone that "Shhh, it's fine.", @Lightwing has agreed to make his position as resident overlord a bit more official and step into the shoes of Team Lead of Canterlot. Seeing as how that includes lording over the Welcoming Plaza, this essentially means that passing a ship exam is now mandatory towards your accessibility of the forum. Don't worry though; the questions are painstakingly easy:

1. What is best ship?

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

WjzA7TW.png

*(After Jeric x Button's Mom)

--

Best of luck Lightwing! ;)

Best ship is me with some-pony leg in my mouth

That's the best ship