Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ponies using MSN?

Guesty_

• 8 years later...
11 hours ago, SparklingSwirls said:

Now this is ancient :wacko: 

What will the forum members of 2029 think of our 2020 threads?

This post isn’t on topic technically :umad: . It’s on-topic in the other thread :please: .

BOT!

MSN and hotmail is not outdated :yuck: . Some peeps.

Edited by WWolf
  • Brohoof 1

MSM...I haven't heard that name in a long time. It must've been at least ten years since the last time I used that thing, which does make me feel old.

Wow, MSN Messenger... Now that takes me back. I remember when that and AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) were equal competitors with each other. And occasionally, you'd hear about people using Yahoo Messenger. ICQ, anyone? So many old programs lost to time...

Blast from the past indeed.

I used to be able to integrate everything with pidgin (formerly gaim, until aim lawyergrammed them and told them to change their name)

Jabber was the prototypical xmpp solution, but Cisco bought them to use as a corporate thing.  pidgin also supported the farcebook version of xmpp, the google version of xmpp, and the xmpp microsoft released for their corporate thing ("office communicator")

First place I used the "off the record" plugin, and pidgin even supported irc (chatzilla was better though, and while I bought a mirc licence at one point, I am more likely to use kvirc these days)

8 minutes ago, Bas said:

Ah yeah, def.  Did install the fb chat in my pidgin setup, thanks for the heads-up! :kirin:

Yeah, Pidgin is great! :bedeyes:

Haven't really ran that for years though - it just dropped out of fashion - mobile phones went to signal or telegram, support channels moved off irc, and most people who still used messaging on the desktop just used facebook or something.

• The topic was locked