Guesty_

Ponies using MSN?

I have come to a decision that I need to talk to more ponies on MSN.

Anypony got MSN?

Add meeeeee!

cartmelltech@live.co.uk

I do, but I never use it for chatting. Just email.

I think I’ve won something :proud: .

(edited)

Now this is ancient :wacko: 

What will the forum members of 2029 think of our 2020 threads?

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 1

Does MSN even exist anymore?

Boomsters be like: what is msn ?:oh_golly:

me: the Facebook chat from before you were born.:worry:

(edited)
11 hours ago, SparklingSwirls said:

Now this is ancient :wacko: 

What will the forum members of 2029 think of our 2020 threads?

This post isn’t on topic technically :umad: . It’s on-topic in the other thread :please: .

BOT!

MSN and hotmail is not outdated :yuck: . Some peeps.

Edited by WWolf
  • Brohoof 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Partialgeek514 said:

I've never even heard of MSN...

What have I fortune told? :umad:

• Brohoof 1

I stopped using MSN a long time ago. I was so bothered by all my contacts interrupting my work all the time. MSN died with my Windows XP installation.

MSM...I haven't heard that name in a long time. It must've been at least ten years since the last time I used that thing, which does make me feel old.

Wow, MSN Messenger... Now that takes me back. I remember when that and AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) were equal competitors with each other. And occasionally, you'd hear about people using Yahoo Messenger. ICQ, anyone? So many old programs lost to time...

Badges

11 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

Wow, MSN Messenger... Now that takes me back. I remember when that and AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) were equal competitors with each other. And occasionally, you'd hear about people using Yahoo Messenger. ICQ, anyone? So many old programs lost to time...

Member old instant messengers, member? Member icq, aim, msn,  Yahoo IM and xfire, member? Member good old times when you could use chats without FB collecting all your data, member? :Daydreaming:

I actually used xfire for a very long time and enjoyed the game tracking stats. Not long after I started to use ICQ I switched to Miranda or Pidginad an all-in-one messenger.

There is also xmpp and Jabber, which basically everyone has an acc of but nobody knows about that they do. Whoever reads this, i am pretty sure you got one as well.

• Laugh 1

Blast from the past indeed.

I used to be able to integrate everything with pidgin (formerly gaim, until aim lawyergrammed them and told them to change their name)

Jabber was the prototypical xmpp solution, but Cisco bought them to use as a corporate thing.  pidgin also supported the farcebook version of xmpp, the google version of xmpp, and the xmpp microsoft released for their corporate thing ("office communicator")

First place I used the "off the record" plugin, and pidgin even supported irc (chatzilla was better though, and while I bought a mirc licence at one point, I am more likely to use kvirc these days)

(edited)

Ah yeah, def.  Did install the fb chat in my pidgin setup, thanks for the heads-up! :kirin:

Yeah, Pidgin is great! :bedeyes:

Edited by Bas

8 minutes ago, Bas said:

Ah yeah, def.  Did install the fb chat in my pidgin setup, thanks for the heads-up! :kirin:

Yeah, Pidgin is great! :bedeyes:

Haven't really ran that for years though - it just dropped out of fashion - mobile phones went to signal or telegram, support channels moved off irc, and most people who still used messaging on the desktop just used facebook or something.

Ah man. MSN Messenger was my jam a decade ago. MSN Plus was a godsend.

Badges

Simply asking users to add you on an outside website would be better done through a status update. Locking.

• Laugh 1
  • Pondering 2