Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would've MLP turned out better if Lauren's vision wasn't messed with?

FlareGun45

MLP is still an awesome show, but how would the show turn out if Hasbro never messed with Lauren's vision of the show? Yeah the Mane Six would've looked different and had different names, but Celestia was originally supposed to be queen, but Hasbro thought that queens are evil. Yeah, evil queens happened like, I dunno, once in Disney? Twice maybe? So that ruined queens for them? You know how stupid that sounds? Twilight's story would've turned out to be pretty different if Lauren's vision wasn't messed with. She wouldn't be an alicorn, but she would've been Celestia's successor. Cadance wouldn't have existed either, but I kinda like Cadance. How would Spike have turned out, would his character been taken seriously earlier than season 6? What would've been the CMCs' destinies? How would the Mane Six turn out?

I kinda like how the show turned out, but I would still like to see an alternate reality where MLP was exactly like Lauren thought of in her head! Would it be better than this version of MLP, or not as good?

(edited)

Hasbro's excuse of Queens being evil doesn't really hold water, when you look at just how many times they've had queens turn out to be GOOD in the pony franchise.

Examples: Queen Rosedust of the Flutter ponies- G1

"By Right, I should be queen" song the princess ponies sing in G1

Good king and queen talked about- and seen in "Princess Problems"- G2

Good queen mentioned in the spellbook Twilight has, in "Hearts and Hooves Day"- G4

Good queen mentioned from the Crystal Empire- "The crystal Empire part 2" (?) G4

Good queen mentioned in Journal of the Two sisters- g4

Good king "King Leo" depicted as Celestia's cousin- "Under the Sparkling Sea"- G4

Good king, ruler of the deer in the Everfree forest, "King Aspen"- G4

and Good King Guto/ Grover the Griffon - G4

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

I think lots of times with a long-running series it's interesting to go back and look at what could have been. I'm satisfied with the series we've had since Faust left, but looking at some of those "what-if" scenarios helps you look at stories in a different way.

I remember she originally planned on making RD more of a caricature than a character, and didn't want to give her a relationship with Scootaloo

So no, it wouldn't

• Brohoof 4

I think the show is great the way it is... I am sure some things she had ideas on would have been awesome, after all we got the show from her so it stands to reason she had lots of great ideas fans meshed with, but just like the state of it now, I am sure some of those ideas would have just not clicked with a lot of people. Honestly there is no way to tell... if she had stayed on and been able to do everything her way, the show would be completely different and we would have no knowledge of what we have now... and would probably be making threads about "what could have been if she was not in charge".

• Brohoof 2

Some instances such as how she originally viewed Rainbow Dash as not being a good role model for Scootaloo, I think it is for the best that her vision didn't come to fruition.

• Brohoof 1

On 6/3/2017 at 2:44 PM, The MegaBrony said:

YES! A lot of stuff after her departure feels like a completely different series altogether.

I suppose, though without her influence we got Scootalove and a series of phenomenal episodes centered around that sisterly relationship -- one that Lauren believed was not in line with Rainbow's character. 

Lauren was a great conceptualist ... but not always the best instinctual writer and showrunner.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
56 minutes ago, Blue Diamond said:

I suppose, though without her influence we got Scootalove and a series of phenomenal episodes centered around that sisterly relationship -- one that Lauren believed was not in line with Rainbow's character. 

At the time, Faust was right. During S1 and the first half of the second, Dash was too immature (sometimes too much so for her own good) to be Scootaloo's role model. A leadership role in HF and character development during S2's second half (when Faust had long departed) changed that.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

At the time, Faust was right. During S1 and the first half of the second, Dash was too immature (sometimes too much so for her own good) to be Scootaloo's role model. A leadership role in HF and character development during S2's second half (when Faust had long departed) changed that.

Don't forget about season 3. It may not be the best season, but with Rainbow getting great characterizations in WA and SiP (two excellent episodes), she was one of the highlights in that season.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe this series would have been more adventurous, more 'awesome' stuffs happens, and.... we could get less bad episodes?!?!?!!?!! Could Lauren's staying change that outcome? I dont know.

I think princess is better than queen, thanks Hasbro. 

• Brohoof 2

I've always wanted some mythology and epic storytelling from this iteration of MLP. They have tried with and without Faust, but I wouldn't call any of the attempts a success. To make a judgment from the first 2 seasons, which are the only seasons Lauren herself worked on, I'd say she also wouldn't have delivered.

To answer the topic question, the overall quality wouldn't have changed.

5 hours ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Right. I don't believe that when she said that, her intent was to change it though. To be fair to Lauren, she has changed her mind on ideas when other alternatives were presented to her, but RD as a sister figure is one I have not seen her indicate otherwise. 

• Brohoof 1

I think it'd be cool if there was a way to see both versions of the show, side by side, for a comparison. Faust's would've probably been great in ways

we wouldn't necessarily have expected, just as the show as it is is awesome in ways we do know -takes deep breath-

I am glad for the show the way it is, though, it's great :fluttershy:

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:41 PM, Lambdadelta said:

Maybe this series would have been more adventurous, more 'awesome' stuffs happens, and.... we could get less bad episodes?!?!?!!?!! Could Lauren's staying change that outcome? I dont know.

I think princess is better than queen, thanks Hasbro. 

Yeah but if it had an implied tone that she is bad it adds more character lol. But then they would eventually insert a husband for Celestia. Also she wanted Trixie to be male. So shipping may have existed and Hasbro was cracking down on it lol.

I actually think it wouldn't have been, because as good as Lauren was as someone that had ideas, she was just not good enough to do them as a writer to be really honest.

A good example for that is that Season 1 has not aged very well in my opinion, while seasons 2, 4 and 5 are still seasons i really like to watch. You know when a series is truly good, when it can stand the test of time.

While it's true that her ideas really formed the foundation and overall base for the show & G4 franchise as a whole, her overall writing is suspect at times and I have trouble believing that things would be better had Lauren stayed as the head. It's difficult to predict that of course, but considering that I REALLY like what we have now, I am skeptical she could've done better.

• Brohoof 1

The only reason I wished she would've stayed would be to see the whole story come from one author. The constantly changing staff of writers has created a lot of loose ends that are often tied up later without taking previous episodes into consideration. A single lead and a single vision would contain fewer plot holes. Outside of that, I don't find myself wishing for the Faust exclusive.

her first idea wasn't to make MLP she was playing to make a tv show somewhat like an average disney channel show but instead hasbro changed her side and she ended up creating MLP.FIM. so to answer the question no i would not be good because we would have MLP today if Lauren got her way!!!!!!!

WikiFun_Police_Smiley.png