Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Batbrony

Good afternoon, everypony, and welcome to the return of Poniverse Q&As!!!  Today we get back into the swing of things starting with MLP Forums very own Lady Kiriness!

Lady Kiriness has been a member of MLP Forums since 2015, and a delightful presence since she joined.  With her friendly personality, it was no surprise that she quickly joined staff, and today she is one of our most active and outgoing moderators.  She's always happy to connect with new members and friends on the forums, and for the next 2-3 hours, she'll be available to take and answer your questions, and we hope as many of you can join us as possible.  These Q&As have always been fun community events and gatherings, so please, come with your questions and ready to get to know Lady Kiriness a bit more!

If you'd like to learn a little more about Lady Kiriness prior to the Q&A, you can visit her forum profile here and check out her art on her Tumblr page here.

So with all the formalities out of the way, I'll start off our Q&A with a pretty basic question: Lady Kiriness, what initially drew you to join MLP Forums, and the brony fandom as a whole? :muffins:

tumblr_okxnciXSHz1v2u2d6o1_500.png

• Brohoof 13

51302612.jpg

1) What is the most interesting thing we would find if we opened your refrigerator right now?

2) You often present yourself as optimistic, accommodating, and genial. Something that I find admirable. Most people with that approach tend to have a key philosophy or tenet that helps focus that mindset. What is yours? 

I'll be back

• Brohoof 7

15 minutes ago, Batbrony said:

Lady Kiriness, what initially drew you to join MLP Forums, and the brony fandom as a whole?

I've been a fan of MLP since I was a kid. It all started when I saw a pack of colorful G3 pony figures in the store. It wasn't long until I began to collect as many ponies as I could! I also watched some of the G3 movie specials as well. 

Four years ago, I stumbled across an episode of FiM (The Best Night Ever) while aimlessly flipping through channels. I just loved the snappy dialogue, the silly situations the ponies found themselves in, and, of course, the meaningful moral. At the time, I didn't know anything about bronies. I was looking online to find additional episodes when I stumbled across Equestria Daily. I was excited to learn that there was an entire community of older fans! After a couple of years of simply following Pony news, I decided that I wanted to get more involved. I wanted to be able to talk about the show with fellow fans and learn from pony artists. :) 

MLPForums was right at the top of my search list, and after seeing how friendly and caring everyone is here, I signed up! ;) 

• Brohoof 8

1 minute ago, Blue Diamond said:

I'll be back

After these short messages.

Could I help myself? no.

When you were younger and even now, who were/are some of the people besides family that you looked up to? your role models?

• Brohoof 5

I'll ask the obvious question:

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Dark Plagueis "the Wise"?

• Brohoof 6

8 minutes ago, Snow said:

Starting off with a warm up, Ya like jazz? :icwudt:

I can't say that I'm much of a jazz person. :please:

6 minutes ago, ooBrony said:

what influenced your style of drawing MLP ponies?

I've been drawing horses (my favorite animal) ever since I was able to hold a pencil. I wanted to incorporate some aspect of realism when I drew ponies, but to still include a cartoony aspect. Therefore, my style is also influenced by Disney's. ^^

5 minutes ago, Mickey Adaptus said:

Who is your favorite pony :3?

Sunset Shimmer! :P 

• Brohoof 9

Ah, very good!  How long have you been honing your skills as an artist? :squee:

• Brohoof 4

5 minutes ago, Lady Kiriness said:

Therefore, my style is also influenced by Disney's. ^^

That's really interesting! When I see your equine influenced art it invokes thoughts of Disney and the Rankin and Bass film "The Last Unicorn". Which brings me to the next question, have you seen that film?

• Brohoof 7

4 minutes ago, Crypty said:

Sectional stuff, Moderator... What's final goal of your master plan?

I'm hoping that she eventually becomes Administrator and bans all deer puns. ;)

Speaking of inside jokes and whimsical nonsense, what is a favorite moment on MLPF (on or off staff) that always makes you smile or laugh when you recall it? 

• Brohoof 7

Hello Kiri! :D

I have a question that's been on my mind for a while now; Kirins obviously hold a special place in your heart, but what is it that first got you interested and what makes them so special for you?

• Brohoof 5

F(l)avorite combinations? 

Best food combinations for:

Breakfast :grin:

Lunch :P

Dinner :love:

Dessert. :orly:

P.S. I totally stole a piece of chicken. :D

• Brohoof 5

2 hours ago, Blue Diamond said:

51302612.jpg

1) What is the most interesting thing we would find if we opened your refrigerator right now?

2) You often present yourself as optimistic, accommodating, and genial. Something that I find admirable. Most people with that approach tend to have a key philosophy or tenet that helps focus that mindset. What is yours? 

I'll be back

1. Hmm...I have a pretty simple diet, but I guess it would be...almond milk? :P
2. First of all, thank you so much! You also have a certain genuine and mature nature that I look up to. ^^ 

Honestly, I try to remind myself to take the perspective of those I am interacting with. I would consider myself to be on the sensitive side, so I do my best to be sensitive and gentle with others. I also am a strong proponent of "paying it forward". There've been times when I needed a bit of mercy and compassion, so I try to remember that when I'm speaking with others. ^^ ;) 

2 hours ago, Snow said:

After these short messages.

Could I help myself? no.

When you were younger and even now, who were/are some of the people besides family that you looked up to? your role models?

Honestly, I admire something about each of my friends. They have all taught me valuable lessons and I am inspired by them to put my best foot forward and reach my goals. I can't say that I'm "starstruck" by any celebrities nowadays (I can't even tell you who the most current music artists are :P ), but I did look up to one of my babysitters as a kid. She patiently tutored me in math (which I still despise to this day!) and had a pretty good head on her shoulders.  

2 hours ago, child of the night said:

I've been falling away from the forums slightly so my question is how do you stay invigorated to actively participate on the forums?

The very members of this community are what has kept me here. My interest in the show is on the decline, but I have met some amazing people who I enjoy interacting with around here. I suggest that you visit sections of the forums you usually don't participate in and talk to someone new. :)

2 hours ago, Yellow Diamond said:

I'll ask the obvious question:

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Dark Plagueis "the Wise"?

Why yes. It was...ironic. :P

2 hours ago, Batbrony said:

Ah, very good!  How long have you been honing your skills as an artist? :squee:

I've been drawing for as long as I can remember, though I think the past ten years or so is when I started to really hone in on my skills. 

2 hours ago, Mickey Adaptus said:

I have a very interesting one.

If you were a squad leader in a war, what members on the forums would you choose to fill in your squad :)?

Ohh, now that's a good one! Let's see...Honestly, I can think of many members that I'd choose. For the sake of time, I'll only include a few in my response. @Nebula Wolf would be an excellent battle strategist. I would ask @VengefulStrudel to rally the boops troops and to raise their morale! @TigerGeekGuy and his army of tigers would be a force to reckon with on the battlefield. 

2 hours ago, Stormfury said:

One fresh question... Wuss poppin', 🅱️?

Ayyy, doin' well m8. You? :P

2 hours ago, Blue Diamond said:

That's really interesting! When I see your equine influenced art it invokes thoughts of Disney and the Rankin and Bass film "The Last Unicorn". Which brings me to the next question, have you seen that film?

Ohhh but of course! Every human should be required to watch it at some point in time! The art style is absolutely gorgeous, and the ending is bittersweet. Not your typical story! 

• Brohoof 11

Quick, don't let her catch up!

What would be a hobby or skill that you don't do/have but you hope to involve yourself in at some point in your future? 

• Brohoof 6