Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask a Nerd. Or Ask a Puddle of Water. I'm Not Picky.

Duality

• 3 weeks later...

Ahh, it seems you have recently began to change states into that of water vapor. Tell me, is there a particular goal you which to achieve through this change of state? Or is it merely for recreational purposes?

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, ShadowDash13 said:

Ahh, it seems you have recently began to change states into that of water vapor. Tell me, is there a particular goal you which to achieve through this change of state? Or is it merely for recreational purposes?

World domination's always an option. As is 'to effect the destruction of all lesser beings than I'. But, I suppose, the main reason why I am allowing myself to undergo such a transformation is, simply, because

Spoiler

SCIENCE!!!

Terrifying, I know. :squee:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Frostgage said:

What do you like to do when you have no responsibilities?

Curl up in a tiny foetal ball of existential terror

Exactly what I'm doing right now obviously you plebian internet person

I have a bunch of little pet projects that I poke around at from time to time. Stuff like figuring out an equation for how fast the stream of water coming out of a water fountain is going by what percentage of your water bottle it fills up, figuring out an equation for how long a pipe is judging by the ratio of the apparent sizes of its ends when you look through it, and devising nifty little equations like this one:

Spoiler

593de0304544f_RaritiEquation.thumb.jpg.b744277f835a410a36adb968e0f69408.jpg

:D :D:D :D :D :D

Perhaps needless to say, I have slightly too much time without responsibilities on my hands. :rarity:

• Brohoof 1

1. Are you potable? I'm asking for a friend...

2. Can you tell me your favorite water-related joke or pun?

3. If three witches watched three watches, which witch would watch which watch?

4. Which Water-type starter Pokémon is your favorite?

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Driz said:

Are you potable? I'm asking for a friend...

I'm pure, thank you very much. :eww:

And tell whoever this friend of yours is I said

Spoiler

tenor.gif

12 hours ago, Driz said:

Can you tell me your favorite water-related joke or pun?

34ea3c2afd963abb9c6846d8e58bd04e--water-facts-drinking-water.jpg

^ A variant of my actual favourite joke about water, which is In my signature labelled 'DHMO Website (educate yourselves before it's too late!)'. For reference, DHMO = DiHydrogen MOnoxide = 2 hydrogen atoms + 1 oxygen atom = H2O = water. :P

12 hours ago, Driz said:

If three witches watched three watches, which witch would watch which watch?

Maleficient would watch the wristwatch, the Wicked Witch of the West would watch the fob watch, and Ursula would watch tWWotW's watch of the fob watch, because you can never be too careful with eldritch abominations like those things.

12 hours ago, Driz said:

Which Water-type starter Pokémon is your favorite?

Totally Pikachu.

Definitely.

Absolutely.

No Pokémunz plebian here, nosirree.

• Brohoof 2

17 hours ago, -Monoceros- said:

Are you ever bothered by microscopic organisms that call you home?

I try to stay as free from impurity as possible, in general, especially because of how itchy things like that can be - like one of those ones that you can never... quite... scratch... aaarrrrrrgh -, but I have less of an issue with the microscopic organisms and more of one with the stupid seals that have taken up residence in my quasi-metaphorical left elbow. They're surprisingly stubborn when it comes to 'cease and desist' orders.

10 minutes ago, Yumekai said:

DASANI or FIJI?

Neither are particularly pure. What with all the trace minerals and the industrial taint, it's just below my standards.

I get my sustenance from an ancient wellspring in the mideastern Nepalese region. Purest natural water on the planet, thank you very much. :pout:

11 minutes ago, Yumekai said:

You seem like a puddle that would be into canabalism.

> not sure whether being insulting or being scarily realistic

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

So now you're a cyclone of water? Or is it a tornado of water? What's the difference?

Actually, I'm a whirlpool, as seen from underwater, but lots of people have been making that mistake.

And the difference between a cyclone and a tornado is that a cyclone is just a big high-wind storm system, only visible as a spiral from space, while a tornado is the cloud-to-ground funnel formation that sucks everything in.

You'd be thinking of a tornado here.

2 minutes ago, TheOneGuy0000 said:

You may be the nerdiest of nerds around here, but are you a chap?  :orly:

Ah am ah sirrah, thankye kindly.

Best keep tha' cheek in line elsewise ye fall afoul o' me cane.

*flails walking stick intimidatingly*

• Brohoof 1

I've a riddle for you, young traveler. Answer correctly and you shall continue your journey.

Ready? Here it goes!

Spoiler

"I have keys, but no locks.

I have a space, but no rooms.

You can enter, but you cannot leave.

What am I, pray tell?"

Edited by TheOneGuy0000
  • Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, TheOneGuy0000 said:

"I have keys, but no locks.

I have a space, but no rooms.

You can enter, but you cannot leave.

What am I, pray tell?"

99% sure that the answer is 'a keyboard'.

Only discrepancy is that a keyboard has a caps lock, a number lock, and a scroll lock, while the 'what am I?' thing is supposed to have "keys, but no locks".

Do explain, my good sir.

A riddle in return, for that is how the age-old game is played:

Three men walk along a hilltop.

If one man is wearing a cuirass and the second is juggling lumps of gold, what is the third man doing?

• Brohoof 1

If you don't mind these sorts of personal questions, I wanted to ask... What were/are you like in school?
Were you like the shy, studious type that always got the best possible grades in everything, or were you the cool athletic kid? B)
Did you enjoy your school life? Did you have a nice relationship with your teachers and peers?

• Brohoof 1

Only discrepancy is that a keyboard has a caps lock, a number lock, and a scroll lock, while the 'what am I?' thing is supposed to have "keys, but no locks".

Do explain, my good sir.

@Duality I must apologize, I'm afraid I'm at fault. It should've been "I have both keys, and locks." Yet, despite this discrepancy, you managed to solve the riddle still. Impressive. Most impressive. Did the way I formatted it help, I wonder?

Anyway, I suppose I should attempt to solve your riddle now. Hmmm... 

I've put a great deal of thought into this, and I must say I am dumbfounded. I fail to notice any correlation between the three bits of information offered. With great shame, I admit defeat. You have bested me.

Wait a minute, what am I doing? This is YOUR ask topic! I don't have to answer squat! Ha!

Instead, I shall bombard you with a wall of random questions!

What is your favorite day of the week, and why?

What is your mother's maid name?

And finally, how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 1:08 AM, Driz said:

Were you the cool athletic kid?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH*cough*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH*coughcough*HAHAHAHAH*coughcoughcoughcoughcough*

*clears throat*

Sorry, just wanted to get that out of the way.

On ‎4‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 1:08 AM, Driz said:

If you don't mind these sorts of personal questions, I wanted to ask... What were/are you like in school?
Were you like the shy, studious type that always got the best possible grades in everything?
Did you enjoy your school life? Did you have a nice relationship with your teachers and peers?

Don't worry, I don't mind personal questions in the slightest (unless one could potentially use such information to hunt me down).

I was hoomeschooled for the entirety of my childhood bar kindergarten. My first day at school came when I was 14, when I entered my local public school at Form 6 to get the qualifications necessary to allow me to enter university-level study.

I was very much the shy, studious type, but my highly extroverted peers brought me out of my shell by forcing me to be friends with them, a boon I am likely incapable of repaying them in full.

I got literally the best grades in everything (and still do, insofar as such is possible at tertiary level), came top of all 11 of my classes over the two years I spent at school, got top senior mathematician, top senior scientist, came runner-up top student in Form 6, and attained runner-up dux in Form 7, on top of a couple of character awards.

Got on well with all of my peers, and all teh teachers loved me to bits because, and I quote my English teacher talking to my mother here, "he gives me back more than I put into him!"

I enjoyed school probably more than most students because 1) I like learning and 2) because I had such amazing friends and happyhappyyougudstudent teachers.

sorry if come across as egotistical but don't get to show off my academic nerdiness very often ^^;

On ‎4‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 1:43 AM, TheOneGuy0000 said:

@Duality I must apologize, I'm afraid I'm at fault. It should've been "I have both keys, and locks." Yet, despite this discrepancy, you managed to solve the riddle still. Impressive. Most impressive. Did the way I formatted it help, I wonder?

Heh, thanks.

Formatting made it easy to read, but not really easier to solve.

Anyway, I suppose I should attempt to solve your riddle now. Hmmm... 

I've put a great deal of thought into this, and I must say I am dumbfounded. I fail to notice any correlation between the three bits of information offered. With great shame, I admit defeat. You have bested me.

Answer spoilered below.

Read at risk of ragequitting.

Spoiler

Walking along a hilltop.

Spoiler

i am so sorry for being a troll and a bad person and a horrible friend please forgive meeeeeee

Wait a minute, what am I doing? This is YOUR ask topic! I don't have to answer squat! Ha!

Instead, I shall bombard you with a wall of random questions!

What is your favorite day of the week, and why?

What is your mother's maid name?

And finally, how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

1. I'm don't know any more than you do. You'll just have to figure it out yourself like the rest of us.

2. Sunday, because church is great.

On that note, I would also like to point out that the current weekday-naming system is stupid, 'cause all the days are named after pagan deities. Moon's Day, Tyr's Day, Woden's Day, Thor's Day, Freya's Day, Saturn's Day, and Sun's Day, the whole lot of them. #firstworldchristianproblems

3. Not telling because that could feasibly be used to hunt me down. See line #4 of this comment.

4. None unless someone paid it to, because, seriously, who wants to throw around dumb hunks of wood at nothing in particular for no reason?

Edited by Duality
  • Brohoof 3

Answer spoilered below.

Read at risk of ragequitting.

Spoiler

maxresdefault.thumb.png.d3f716439245a31765441d576ae3c6ae.png

ANYWAY, HERE'S SOME MORE QUESTIONS. 

-Favorite fast food?

-Ketchup or mustard?

-Pineapple pizza. Yay or nay?

And last, but definitely not least:

Spoiler

Who is best princess?

This is your one chance at redemption. You better answer honestly, AND correctly!

• Brohoof 1