Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask a Nerd. Or Ask a Puddle of Water. I'm Not Picky.

Duality

I’m probably going to eventually go through all of The Extended Zodiac quiz questions, but I’ll start off with these two:

Which option best describes what's more important to you? Understanding yourself, and fully knowing who you are? Or thinking rationally, and making strong decisions?

What idea is more interesting to you? The ability to fully understand your potential as a person? Or the ability to fully understand all potential consequences of your actions before taking them?

I’m not great at changing text sizes (at least on my iPad) so good luck with that ^^;

On 7/21/2019 at 7:34 AM, Galaxical Phoenix said:

Which option best describes what's more important to you? Understanding yourself, and fully knowing who you are? Or thinking rationally, and making strong decisions?

Oh, most certainly the latter. The only really profitable thing I could do with self-knowledge is use it to plan out how to better conform myself to what I should, morally speaking, be like. The combination of rational thinking and strength of will, on the other hand, is a fountain of self-control and discipline - and what can anyone ever hope to control in this vast and complex world beyond their own selves?

On 7/21/2019 at 7:34 AM, Galaxical Phoenix said:

What idea is more interesting to you? The ability to fully understand your potential as a person? Or the ability to fully understand all potential consequences of your actions before taking them?

Absolutely not the latter. Decision-making paralyses me enough as it is without the weight of the entire future resting on my awareness every time I make a choice. Knowledge of my own potential isn't really much more useful to me than knowledge of my present self, but if nothing else it would probably serve as a decent inspiration for me to do what I know to be right.

• Brohoof 1

Nice. Alright.

Here’s two more, if you’re interested:

Think about your life as if it's a story, and you're the main protagonist. Do you tend to view yourself as lone hero, who along the way meets other supporting characters, who only have a tangential relation to your personal journey? Or do you view yourself as just one hero in an ever-shifting ensemble of important protagonists?

Which better describes your attitude? Having great conviction in certain beliefs or ideas you're attracted to? Or casting strong doubt on beliefs or ideas you dislike?

• Brohoof 1

On 7/23/2019 at 9:52 AM, Galaxical Phoenix said:

Think about your life as if it's a story, and you're the main protagonist. Do you tend to view yourself as lone hero, who along the way meets other supporting characters, who only have a tangential relation to your personal journey? Or do you view yourself as just one hero in an ever-shifting ensemble of important protagonists?

If my life was a story, I'd be very interested in finding out what sort of target audience actually wanted to read such a dull and repetitive volume. :P

Honestly, though, if I viewed myself as fulfilling any character role in my life, it would be as a tangentially-related supporting character to an ever-shifting ensemble of important protagonists. I don't think I do particularly much worthy of the title 'personal journey', but I certainly know a lot of people who do. Plus I'm far better at supporting people in general than I am at forging tracks into the brooding ocean of the unknown. The hero biz ain't cut out for everyone.

On 7/23/2019 at 9:52 AM, Galaxical Phoenix said:

Which better describes your attitude? Having great conviction in certain beliefs or ideas you're attracted to? Or casting strong doubt on beliefs or ideas you dislike?

I very much hope it is neither. If I had conviction in beliefs simply because I was 'attracted' to them or doubted beliefs simply because I 'disliked' them I should think none of my opinions worth listening to. Wish-fulfilment beliefs are invariably distorted truths at best, and the truth itself tends to be counterintuitive to the point where your personal preferences could not possibly have aligned with it even accidentally.

Out of the choice between having great conviction in one or having great doubts in the other, I try to have great conviction in beliefs and ideas that are logically consistent and align with observed reality, tending towards the most elegant solutions that explain as many things as possible most efficiently. Doubt tends to erode everything worthwhile if you indulge it too much; the whole point of beliefs is to believe them, after all.

• Brohoof 1

I absolutely love how much thought and speculation you’re putting into these answers ;w;

I’m actually really interested in seeing what results you’d get from taking the entire quiz

But for now I’m just going to go with the aspect questions that I find the most interesting

Here’s another two ^^;

When you are learning about a new subject, or reading a fascinating story, do you feel a strong desire to know everything about it, and have all your questions answered? Or are you more compelled or inspired by the feelings of mystery surrounding not knowing everything?

When circumstances are intolerably bad, which are you more inclined to do? Come up with the best alternatives or solutions, and work as hard as you can to make those happen instead? Or don't worry about a better alternative, burn it all down, and whatever follows, you'll just deal with it as it comes?

On 7/25/2019 at 9:49 AM, Galaxical Phoenix said:

I absolutely love how much thought and speculation you’re putting into these answers ;w;

Why, thank you! I do aim to please. :mlp_yeehaa:

When you are learning about a new subject, or reading a fascinating story, do you feel a strong desire to know everything about it, and have all your questions answered? Or are you more compelled or inspired by the feelings of mystery surrounding not knowing everything?

Both, as a matter of fact. Curiosity's effect of both inspiring and tantalising the human mind are much like two sides of a single coin - you want to have all the questions answered for the sake of satiating your curiosity while simultaneously not wanting to have all the questions answered because the mystery invigorates your mind and draws you on to creative novelties otherwise unattainable. The darkness rimming your campfire is unsettling in its status as an unknown but without that quality you would never be able to enjoy even the finest of ghost stories, let alone create some of your own from the sensations that it evokes.

When circumstances are intolerably bad, which are you more inclined to do? Come up with the best alternatives or solutions, and work as hard as you can to make those happen instead? Or don't worry about a better alternative, burn it all down, and whatever follows, you'll just deal with it as it comes?

I've never had circumstances get that bad for me, so do take this with a minor grain of salt, but I'm pretty sure I would go for the former. I'm far, far more of a strategic than a spontaneous chap, and the only reason I can imagine going for the latter is if the stress of such terrible circumstances rendered me incapable of planning any further than the next few moments, if even that much.

Also, my profile is themed entirely around water, so burning things down is hardly my aesthetic. :toldya:

12 hours ago, Duality said:

Also, my profile is themed entirely around water, so burning things down is hardly my aesthetic. :toldya:

XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD

You practically already answered

If you could choose one ability, which would it be? The ability to travel to any period in history on Earth at will, past or future? Or the ability to safely travel (such as, on a nice ship) anywhere in the universe at will, instantly?

except written differently, so feel free to answer that one if you’d like. Either way, here are the three I was going to ask:

When you want to help people accomplish something, and they don't know what they're doing, are you inclined to show them how to do it? Or are you inclined to make them feel motivated or inspired to do it?

When you hear someone explaining something to someone else, in a way that is questionable, or in a way that makes you suspect they don't fully understand the subject they are explaining, are you more inclined to: teach them everything you know about the subject, to set the record straight? Or just cast doubt on the misinformation, without offering much in the way of correction?

If you are working on a project (something you're doing for yourself, not for anyone else), are you obsessively focused on the end result of the project? Or are you enjoying the process, regardless of how it turns out?

((Posting three questions because the last two of this ‘section’ fit together quite well.))

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2019 at 9:24 AM, Galaxical Phoenix said:

When you want to help people accomplish something, and they don't know what they're doing, are you inclined to show them how to do it? Or are you inclined to make them feel motivated or inspired to do it?

I mean, inspiring and motivating them hardly gives them the knowledge to do it if they're not sure how to in the first place. Showing them how to accomplish the thing is definitely the more practical of the two options, although the choice of whether to show them by demonstration, tell them how to do it, or write it down step-by-step for them depends on the learning style of the person you're talking to. I know I for one much prefer to have things written down than shown to me directly.

When you hear someone explaining something to someone else, in a way that is questionable, or in a way that makes you suspect they don't fully understand the subject they are explaining, are you more inclined to: teach them everything you know about the subject, to set the record straight? Or just cast doubt on the misinformation, without offering much in the way of correction?

The second option is a pet peeve of mine - skepticism is dirt-common, understanding is far rarer than it should be. Casting doubt on things and leaving it at that confuses the person being explained to and disgraces the person doing the explaining. The only thing it does reliably accomplish is making you look somewhat smarter than everyone else present, hence why it's usually used as a mediocre power move rather than to convey any actual knowledge.

If you hear someone explaining things confusingly or inaccurately, the best thing to do is contribute to their explanation in a way designed to fill in the chinks, rather than to dump excess information on everyone involved or to give no solid information at all and just drizzle doubt liberally over everything and sundry.

If you are working on a project (something you're doing for yourself, not for anyone else), are you obsessively focused on the end result of the project? Or are you enjoying the process, regardless of how it turns out?

I have two different types of project I typically embark on: practical projects, to solve a very particular inconvenience I've been stuck with, and theoretical projects, to try and puzzle out a general problem that bears little relation to anything in my life except via pure curiosity and the desire to test my intellectual mettle against certain intricate provocations of thought.

My practical projects are very goal-oriented, since I want to get the annoying issue out of my hair, but my theoretical projects have no promise that I'll actually be able to accomplish the end goal, or have a very general and adjustable end goal dependent on what I turn out to be capable of, so they're far more of the latter. If I had the choice between them, I would vastly prefer to undertake theoretical projects and enjoy the process of going through them, though; I only do practical projects because I have to.

On 7/30/2019 at 7:04 PM, Frostgage said:

What's your best example of using math to solve a real-world problem?

I'm still working on it, actually, but if I succeed I'll be the first person on the Googleable internet to figure it out. As a child I was often forced by zealous team-building folks into playing a game called the Human Knot: everyone gets in a circle, grabs two random hands from other people in the circle, and without breaking hands everyone in the group has to untangle into a clean circle.

If we didn't succeed in untangling ourselves they invariably counted it as a loss against us, but it's quite trivial to figure out that many such knots aren't possible to untangle. My project, already well on its way, is to translate the problem into graph theory and subsequently into knot theory to determine various characteristics of winnable and unwinnable knots and hopefully figure out how to hack the game somehow (or at bare minimum figure out odds of winning for various numbers of people). If I discover a solution it is trivial to determine that I will be as a god among mortals. Team-builders shall lay prostrate at my feet, and yea shall the great ones of your race weep before me in the day of my wrath.

11 hours ago, Duality said:

I'm still working on it, actually, but if I succeed I'll be the first person on the Googleable internet to figure it out. As a child I was often forced by zealous team-building folks into playing a game called the Human Knot: everyone gets in a circle, grabs two random hands from other people in the circle, and without breaking hands everyone in the group has to untangle into a clean circle.

If we didn't succeed in untangling ourselves they invariably counted it as a loss against us, but it's quite trivial to figure out that many such knots aren't possible to untangle. My project, already well on its way, is to translate the problem into graph theory and subsequently into knot theory to determine various characteristics of winnable and unwinnable knots and hopefully figure out how to hack the game somehow (or at bare minimum figure out odds of winning for various numbers of people). If I discover a solution it is trivial to determine that I will be as a god among mortals. Team-builders shall lay prostrate at my feet, and yea shall the great ones of your race weep before me in the day of my wrath.

This Ask forum thing is my favorite so far just by how deep you go into the questions.

But that answer (and question) is one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen.

I wish you luck with that project and I genuinely believe you might be the only one who could figure it out at this point

Onto the last two Aspect questions! (Then it’s off to all of those Lunar Sway questions, heh.)

Really quick, though, would you mind sharing your zodiac? (If not, you can just pick a color out of burgundy, umber, ochre, lime, olive, jade, teal, cobalt, indigo, purple, violet, and fuschia ^^;)

If you see someone suffering, are you most inclined to do whatever you can to help them get better? Or is your instinct to relate to their suffering, to empathize, without necessarily considering how you can help?

When someone suffers misfortune so terrible that you know there is nothing anyone can do for them, are you most inclined to: feel horrible that nothing can be done? Or feel resigned to the sense that this is the way of the world, and some things just can't be helped?

• Brohoof 1

Dear Dooaditty:

How do you feel about dust jackets on books? Or the risk inherent on taking them off the hardcover book? As I think books look far better without all that fancy artwork on the cover and just a simple title on the spine. Those flimsy paper covers do nothing but give you distracting imagery; the whole point of a book is for you to provide your own imagery! Don't you miss the olden days where the spine title was all you had to go by so you were always going in blind? More mystery that way!!

Yes, those are three separate questions.

Does is you have the jerb? Job? Is has yous friend? And HOW do you FRIEND?!

• Brohoof 1

On 8/10/2019 at 8:37 AM, Galaxical Phoenix said:

This Ask forum thing is my favorite so far just by how deep you go into the questions.

But that answer (and question) is one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen.

I wish you luck with that project and I genuinely believe you might be the only one who could figure it out at this point

Why thank you, fine user. No way I'm the only one who could figure it out, though; when it comes to maths I'm a filthy casual. :adorkable:

Really quick, though, would you mind sharing your zodiac? (If not, you can just pick a color out of burgundy, umber, ochre, lime, olive, jade, teal, cobalt, indigo, purple, violet, and fuschia ^^;)

I don't mind in the slightest, but that's something of a convoluted question to accurately answer. Under the traditional zodiac (ancient, horoscope, one that everyone uses), I'm a Gemini. But, unfortunately, the zodiac system was formulated in 600 B.C., and between then and now the earth has actually skewed gradually on its axis (precession is the term), meaning that the star sign you were born under in modern times is almost never the same as your astrological zodiac sign - by way of example, I, a so-called Gemini, was in fact born under the constellation Taurus. Furthermore, if you're born around about the November-December period, you'd be born under the thirteenth zodiac constellation (pointedly ignored by standard astrology), namely Ophiuchus, the Serpent-Bearer. Fun times with stars. :P

As for colour, I'm quite partial to cobalt, perhaps somewhat predictably. Gotta stick to the aesthetic, after all.

If you see someone suffering, are you most inclined to do whatever you can to help them get better? Or is your instinct to relate to their suffering, to empathize, without necessarily considering how you can help?

I'm rather strongly the former, which can be a disadvantage in situations where provision of help isn't really possible and empathetic company is the only thing I can truly offer. I try to maintain a practical balance between both depending on the circumstances, though.

When someone suffers misfortune so terrible that you know there is nothing anyone can do for them, are you most inclined to: feel horrible that nothing can be done? Or feel resigned to the sense that this is the way of the world, and some things just can't be helped?

There's always something that can be done for people by people. Not abandoning them in their time of trouble is the barest minimum, but there's almost invariably more if you really take the time to think and look. To rephrase the question slightly, however, if something terrible happens to people that I cannot personally help and I know that very few people if any are likely to help them, I neither wallow in horrible feelings nor in resignation. I pray for them as much as I can and I keep in mind that I cannot help everyone and as such I should be focussing on helping everyone that I can.

On 8/11/2019 at 9:07 PM, Widdershins said:

How do you feel about dust jackets on books?

On the whole, they're disgusting crinkly pieces of cheap plastic that mar much of the tactile pleasure of reading. If they're loose and the tape isn't bonded too closely I almost invariably remove them. :yuck:

Or the risk inherent on taking them off the hardcover book?

If they're close-fitting, I leave them on for protection, but badly-fitting ones don't protect the book anywhere near well enough to justify the discomfort. Plus, I keep my books safe enough that hardly any ill befalls them even without a jacket. Enjoyment over safety behooves leisure activities, methinks.

As I think books look far better without all that fancy artwork on the cover and just a simple title on the spine. Those flimsy paper covers do nothing but give you distracting imagery; the whole point of a book is for you to provide your own imagery! Don't you miss the olden days where the spine title was all you had to go by so you were always going in blind? More mystery that way!!

There are far too many books in the world for me to ever read, so I do rely on jacket summaries to give me some idea of whether they're worth investing time and intellect into. If the cover displays any variant on 'The Warrior. The King. The Legend.' or 'They took her family. Now she's coming for them.' it's usually not worth continuing eye contact. The cover art is usually pretty superfluous for me, however - have you seen the abysmal caricatures they put on Sir Pratchett's novels? Horrifying stuff.

Does is you have the jerb? Job? Is has yous friend? And HOW do you FRIEND?!

I does is in fact have the jerb - namely, dirt-digging for fancy engineering tests. I is has not so much friend, although the jerbfolk are pretty interesting people. Still no idea how, though, unfortunately. :scoots:

On 8/12/2019 at 10:01 PM, Duality said:

But, unfortunately, the zodiac system was formulated in 600 B.C., and between then and now the earth has actually skewed gradually on its axis (precession is the term), meaning that the star sign you were born under in modern times is almost never the same as your astrological zodiac sign - by way of example, I, a so-called Gemini, was in fact born under the constellation Taurus. Furthermore, if you're born around about the November-December period, you'd be born under the thirteenth zodiac constellation (pointedly ignored by standard astrology), namely Ophiuchus, the Serpent-Bearer.

Oh yes, I remember that. My friend gave me an article about the ‘thirteenth zodiac’ and how people were mad about it :laugh:

ONTO THE LUNAR SWAY QUESTIONS!

There’s only eight of them this time.

I think I’ll just do these ones in order :yeahno:

Some people on the internet you know are negatively discussing something you hold dear. You could just let it slide, or you could get in there and defend it with your life. How do you respond?

You are all set to cook dinner, when you realize you are missing a couple key ingredients from the recipe you're using. What do you do?

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/15/2019 at 10:29 AM, Galaxical Phoenix said:

Some people on the internet you know are negatively discussing something you hold dear. You could just let it slide, or you could get in there and defend it with your life. How do you respond?

I'm not much one for confrontation, but if I know of something that they're overlooking or a misconception that they're working on that's contributing to their negative opinion I might chip in a bit (although only if I know them well enough to know that they'll hear me out).

On 8/15/2019 at 10:29 AM, Galaxical Phoenix said:

You are all set to cook dinner, when you realize you are missing a couple key ingredients from the recipe you're using. What do you do?

Go out and tear them from a passerby. I hate it when I run out of human intestines halfway through the week. :kirin:

On 7/12/2019 at 3:18 AM, Duality said:

Bold of you to assume that they're different entities.

Aw yes, of course, silly me.

4 hours ago, Duality said:

Go out and tear them from a passerby. I hate it when I run out of human intestines halfway through the week. :kirin:

Attaboy.

Interrogatives:

1. Of the known suspects, which do you personally think has the most potential to have been Jack the Ripper?

2. Of the fandom songs you have heard, which do you think would genuinely surprise you the most if you were to hear it on a public radio station one day?

3. How much cranial volume does the average pony's eyes alone take up? :orly:

4. You are given the opportunity to visit Equestria, but must sadly leave soon after, what do you take as souvenir?

5. Spelunking, have you ever done it? If not, do you want to?

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Duality said:

I'm not much one for confrontation, but if I know of something that they're overlooking or a misconception that they're working on that's contributing to their negative opinion I might chip in a bit (although only if I know them well enough to know that they'll hear me out).

It’s kinda cool because that’s pretty much one of the options

B: I'll stay out of it for the most part, except possibly to correct some factual errors I might notice, which could be negatively influencing their view of the thing I like.

Oh and yeah I copied the questions and answers to a Google Doc so when I copy/paste it takes up less space

(Finally)

22 hours ago, Duality said:

I am concerned

Also I have no idea which answer that qualifies as :yeahno:

I’ll guess I’ll just . . . quietly list the given options . . .

A: Toss out the recipe completely and wing it.

B: Find a different recipe that you have all the ingredients for.

C: It honestly depends on what I'm cooking, if it's something I've made before, etc.

D: Follow the recipe but make a couple substitutions. Use it as a guideline.

E: Go to the store and get the ingredients you're missing. What's the point of having a recipe at all if you don't follow it?

. . . and move along?

3. How do you feel meeting online friends in person for the first time?

4. You're having a hard time grasping a topic in a class that everyone else seems to be fine with. You:

You know what I’m thinking I’ll just post the rest of them, they’re not that long. Feel free to answer them at your leisure

5. You start taking lessons to learn something you've wanted to for awhile-a language class, art class, bartending lessons, etc-but decide a few weeks in that it definitely isn't your thing. You decide to stick it out, though. Why?

6. When you're on holiday, do you prefer to leave your itinerary mostly up to chance, or do you plan it out ahead of time?

7. A friend of yours and someone you don't know are caught up in a heated argument. They've asked you to help facilitate. You want to support your friend, but after hearing both sides, you actually agree with the stranger. How do you choose who to support?

8. You have a very important message to write, over email, or some other text communication method. It's a sensitive matter, difficult to compose. Possibly of an emotional or confrontational nature. When you're done writing, you're about to hit the SEND button. What next?

• Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, TigerGeekGuy said:

Of the known suspects, which do you personally think has the most potential to have been Jack the Ripper?

me

guess which one i am

Of the fandom songs you have heard, which do you think would genuinely surprise you the most if you were to hear it on a public radio station one day?

'Sweep', I think, although it does have an intense meme vibe that renders it fairly entertaining to the casual listener.

How much cranial volume does the average pony's eyes alone take up? :orly:

A few mLs. Their eyes are in fact a thin membrane of porous gel coating the frontal surface of their head, with flat retina-pupils floating freely in the gel attached only to their prehensile optic nerves.

You are given the opportunity to visit Equestria, but must sadly leave soon after, what do you take as souvenir?

Equestria.

Really, you should know by now to specify restrictions on the definition of such a vague word as souvenir when it comes to me.

Spelunking, have you ever done it? If not, do you want to?

In smol shallow caves, but it's definitely not the pastime for me when it comes to deeper caves.

5 hours ago, Galaxical Phoenix said:

I am concerned

Also I have no idea which answer that qualifies as :yeahno:

Mission successful. :P

4. You're having a hard time grasping a topic in a class that everyone else seems to be fine with. You:

... I have never had either of those situations happen to me, so I'm not at all sure.

You start taking lessons to learn something you've wanted to for awhile-a language class, art class, bartending lessons, etc-but decide a few weeks in that it definitely isn't your thing. You decide to stick it out, though. Why?

Because hypothetical-Duality is terrible at decision-making and apparently enjoys wasting money. That or I paid for lessons in bulk and still have half a dozen left that I've already paid for and may as well do. Or maybe I'm doing it in the memory of my dearly departed mother and I can't handle the shame of giving up so early. Perhaps I'm being secretly blackmailed by Russian agents to undertake lessons so that they can better exploit my genius. Maybe it's been mathematically proven that the world will end in a few weeks and I enjoyed the irony of spending them doing something I hated. There are all sorts of reasons I might do something like that - hypotheticals are fun.

When you're on holiday, do you prefer to leave your itinerary mostly up to chance, or do you plan it out ahead of time?

Plan. Absolutely plan. I even plan times when I can just walk wherever and see where chance takes me.

A friend of yours and someone you don't know are caught up in a heated argument. They've asked you to help facilitate. You want to support your friend, but after hearing both sides, you actually agree with the stranger. How do you choose who to support?

I'd like to think my friends are all intellectually robust enough that they asked me to judge between them in the full knowledge that I'll give them the truest take on the issue regardless of their opinion, but either way almost all issues worth arguing about are complex enough that there's truth in both sides.

I shall merge their opposing viewpoints into a single stance that incorporates the truest points from both of their arguments, although incorporating more points accordingly as the stranger is more correct. It's the classic thesis-antithesis-synthesis dialectic technique. :proud:

You have a very important message to write, over email, or some other text communication method. It's a sensitive matter, difficult to compose. Possibly of an emotional or confrontational nature. When you're done writing, you're about to hit the SEND button. What next?

I press the send button after all my typical rereads and double-checks, and then close the writing program, deliberately forgetting about the whole matter until I get a response. Worry is far too pervasive of an issue in my family for me to fall into that trap too - it's a waste of mental energy and a drain on wellbeing.

Mission successful. :P

Lol

I’ll just . . . put D then . . .

... I have never had either of those situations happen to me, so I'm not at all sure.

Well I mean . . . theoretically, how do you think you would react to either situation? If it helps, I’ll go ahead and throw the options at you and you can boop one or something idk you do you

Spoiler

O hey I found out how to do the spoiler thingamabob

A: Only excited! We already know and like each other. Nothing to worry about.

B: Quite positive. Things are probably going to go fine.

C: Good. But you'll see how things go. Hard to say until you've met someone.

D: A bit nervous. You like them, are looking forward to it in theory, but can't shake the sense of social apprehension any time you meet someone new.

E: Anxious. Even though you've gotten along online, you can't help but worry how it'll go in person.

A: Raise your hand immediately to straighten things out. You probably just misheard or tuned out for a few minutes.

B: Lean over and ask a friend. They'd probably be happy to explain it to you.

C: Email the professor or attend their office hours. No point interrupting the class.

D: Do research on your own. You're more than capable of figuring this out.

E: Do some thinking and surmise that the class and the professor are wrong about this topic. You still memorize the answers for the test, though.

Oh, have I mentioned that you’re great?

Hmm. Since I’m probably going to forget to ask this later, I’ll just ask it now:

How well-developed do you think an OC could get solely from a basic appearance and being asked questions by random people?

And would you ever want to meet said OC (for whatever reason you may have for wanting to meet them)?

Idk :muffins:

On 9/10/2019 at 10:44 AM, Galaxical Phoenix said:

Well I mean . . . theoretically, how do you think you would react to either situation? If it helps, I’ll go ahead and throw the options at you and you can boop one or something idk you do you

D & D, I think.

Whether I mean the options or the game is left as an exercise for the reader.

Oh, have I mentioned that you’re great?

I don't date fans sorry

How well-developed do you think an OC could get solely from a basic appearance and being asked questions by random people?

You don't even need an appearance to go along with the random questions. Personality resides in the mind, not the body, after all - a good few of my OCs have little more than a uneasy acquaintance with the confines of matter. :P

And would you ever want to meet said OC (for whatever reason you may have for wanting to meet them)?

It depends fairly crucially on their personality, much like the question of whether I would ever want to meet a given person. Generally though I'm quite optimistic when it comes to judging the goodwill of others.

On 9/11/2019 at 12:31 PM, ShadOBabe said:

*lays down next to the Puddle of Water and gazes at her reflection*

Hello little puddle. How are you doing today?

henlo frien 'zotl today i am doing the smol

tomorrow i shall be doing the Big and making a hurricane

but today only smol and calm and reflective

today i saw three birds and picked up a nice pebble and accidentally deleted three hours of work from the company server and found a dime and wore my fuzzy new blue jumper for the first time

overall a Good Day

did you know it's a mathematical fact that there always has to be at least one hurricane on earth

it's called the hairy ball theorem and it's all about brushing fluffy spheres

like my cat

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, Duality said:

D & D, I think.

Whether I mean the options or the game is left as an exercise for the reader.

Okay.

Can I take it as both?

I don't date fans sorry

. . . This is good news?

It depends fairly crucially on their personality, much like the question of whether I would ever want to meet a given person. Generally though I'm quite optimistic when it comes to judging the goodwill of others.

Yaay

. . . In any case, I’m going to make an ask forum for said OC, who had something like an ask forum on another website.

Because someone asked, she likes poptarts.

Oh! My sincerest apologies. I almost forgot about the big reveal.

You said that your sun zodiac was Gemini, correct? That’s oddly fitting, considering Sollux’ duality theme.

Anyways, based on that, on Alternia you would be a gold/ochre-blood. Their blood caste carries psionics such as telekinesis.

However, that is not the point.

Based on your responses, you are not only a gold/ochre-blood, but also a Derse dreamer, and your aspect is Breath.

Your Extended Zodiac sign is Gemun.

You can read about it here: http://hs.hiveswap.com/ezodiac/truesign.php?SC=3&SR=2&AR=9

Of course, the entirety of it may not fit you, but for most people it’s pretty close.

Forgive me for wanting to make a fantroll for you

6 minutes ago, Galaxical Phoenix said:

Can I take it as both?

I mean, it's hardly thematic for me to reject a dualistic interpretation. :pout:

13 minutes ago, Galaxical Phoenix said:

You said that your sun zodiac was Gemini, correct? That’s oddly fitting, considering Sollux’ duality theme.

Also relevant: I'm a dual citizen, myself and my siblings comprise two guys and two girls in total (two sets of two), my mother is a twin, my mother's twin is married to a twin, I wear glasses and thus have four eyes (two sets of two), and my body is split into two roughly symmetrical halves. Just about the only non-dyadic trait I have is being single. :mustache:

8 minutes ago, Galaxical Phoenix said:

Based on your responses, you are not only a gold/ochre-blood, but also a Derse dreamer, and your aspect is Breath.

Your Extended Zodiac sign is Gemun.

You can read about it here: http://hs.hiveswap.com/ezodiac/truesign.php?SC=3&SR=2&AR=9

Of course, the entirety of it may not fit you, but for most people it’s pretty close.

The major discrepancy is all its talk of volatility. I'm a philosophical absolutist who sits at a desk doodling dirt shapes most days - my personality, worldview and occupation are all very stable indeed. :P

1 hour ago, Duality said:

Also relevant: I'm a dual citizen, myself and my siblings comprise two guys and two girls in total (two sets of two), my mother is a twin, my mother's twin is married to a twin, I wear glasses and thus have four eyes (two sets of two), and my body is split into two roughly symmetrical halves. Just about the only non-dyadic trait I have is being single. :mustache:

. . . Wow. Okay then.

Here have a Sollux and his room

Spoiler

25AACA00-BCB7-464B-81B2-D5FD6A84AB55.gif.d4934afef1b53042a1b7098495b8581d.gif

1 hour ago, Duality said:

The major discrepancy is all its talk of volatility. I'm a philosophical absolutist who sits at a desk doodling dirt shapes most days - my personality, worldview and occupation are all very stable indeed. :P

. . . It took me a few minutes to process that, but.

So it would seem.