Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Shadow Dash!

Deleted3133333

This is a poll. It may or may not be optional.  

10 users have voted

1. 1. Is Rainbow Dash best pony?

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes

So, apparently there's an entire section of these forums dedicated to the poster being the center of attention, and nopony told me about it...

But, now I'm here, so you can all bask in my glory. I'd invite Rainbow Dash here, but she's still mad at me for stalking every little thing she does since before I joined this fandom.

So, go ahead, ask questions, be them about me or about some completely obscure question about the history of the Ottoman empire.

(Actually, if you want to know about them, I have a friend I'll refer you too. He's as obsessed with the Ottomans as I am with ponies. It's weird...)

• Brohoof 4

Ahh, that one is a pretty long and complicated story, but I'll do my best to explain it.

So, one year ago today (yeah, what are the odds), I joined the furry fandom. And during my whole two weeks as an active furry (family issues made me go inactive), I ran into several people who were both bronies and furries. At first, honestly, they scared me. I didn't understand how anyone could possibly like the show that much, and did my best to avoid them at all costs. But I remembered their existence, and their name. Before that, I hadn't know bronies were a thing.

So, fast forward exactly six months (I didn't realize how perfect the timing was until several weeks later). My love of wolves is known by most people, and a couple of people suspect I'm a furry, but for the most part things are the same as they always were. In other word, things were very boring. So, I decided to mess with one of my friends, who thought I was a furry. For about 2 hours, I consistently spammed him with pictures of anthros. But, he never responded. So, I decided to kick it up a notch. Remembering the bronies, and their close connection to the furry fandom, I decided to mess with him and make him think I was a brony. For the next 15 something hours, I spammed his phone with every picture of Rainbow Dash I could find. (I choose her because, even before I watched the show, she was best pony). At this point, he just began trying to have a normal conversation with me.

So, at this point, I knew he knew what I was doing and was messing with me, so I decided to make it just a little bit more extreme. A quick search for the word brony in Apple Music found me the instrumental version of Discord. So, I began trying out the demos for Discord and the other songs marked similar, and any good ones I found, I spammed him with.

Then I found it. Crusader (Are we there yet) by BlackGryph0n. And despite having no idea what the song was about, I interpreted the lyrics as meaning exactly what they said. And loved it. I proceeded to try out the rest of BlackGryph0n's music demos, and loved all of that too. My friend noticed it was just one artist, and said something, and I feigned that I was just doing one artist because it was faster spamming.

So, eventually, I got a chance to use the internet, and I went to BlackGryph0n's YouTube channel. Shortly after, I watched Getting Stronger PMV and loved it. It was then I decided to give the show a chance, a decision I'm thankful for every day, and the rest is history.

• Brohoof 4

• 2 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:29 AM, ShadowDash13 said:

BlackGryph0nBlackGryph0nBlackGryph0n

GUD. GUD MUSIK.

ANYWAY.

NOW THAT I HAVE HUNTED YOU DOWN, I SHALL PROCEED TO ENLARGE YOUR ASK THREAD BEYOND ALL REASON.

SERIOUSLY, I HAVE ALMOST SINGLE-HANDED INFLATED SOMEONE'S ASK THREAD FROM 5 PAGES TO GOING ON 10.

To what extent are paperclips essential to your day-to-day life?

What do you normally keep in your pockets?

If you were building a house for you to live in 20 years in the future, what shape would you make the roof, and why?

What is the culture you would most like to live in, from any country in the world?

If there's one thing you could change about your lifestyle and make it better, what would you do and why?

Have you ever considered writing a collaborative story with someone?

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:27 PM, Duality said:

To what extent are paperclips essential to your day-to-day life?

What do you normally keep in your pockets?

If you were building a house for you to live in 20 years in the future, what shape would you make the roof, and why?

What is the culture you would most like to live in, from any country in the world?

1.) I mainly use paper clips for entertainment purposes. As such, they are not very essential.

2.) 3 flash drives, a wallet, and >=1 candy wrapper

3.) Triangle, in case the illuminati takes over and declares other shapes heretic.

4.) I love America's culture because we get to steal what elements we want from every other culture, but if I had to choose another, I'd go with Japan.

They have an entire shrine dedicated to foxes!!!

Just now, WiiGuy2014 said:

Where do you think you would be in life if you didn't meet the Furries, Bronies, or people like me?

⚠ Depressing answer ahead ⚠ 

Willow Grove Cemetery... I never would have got out of my depression without you guys

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, ShadowDash13 said:

I mainly use paper clips for entertainment purposes. As such, they are not very essential.

entertainment is essential.

your words have disappointed me this day, dashie.

3 flash drives, a wallet, and >=1 candy wrapper

Why do you have so many drives? Wouldn't it be more efficient to get a large-capacity one and set up a decently segregated file tree?

I love America's culture because we get to steal what elements we want from every other culture

CULTURAL APPROPRIATION AHHHHHH

What is your favourite colour of rock?

What is your favourite musical instrument?

Plasma guns or rocket-propelled-grenade launchers?

What's your favourite animal?

On 8/18/2017 at 5:55 PM, Libra said:

If there's one thing you could change about your lifestyle and make it better, what would you do and why?

Have you ever considered writing a collaborative story with someone?

1.) If I could stop myself from stressing out over everything and just relax, I would be much happier. I really need some time where I'm not doing anything stressful and just clear my mind. But my schedule is much too packed for that.

2.) Yes, I have. I was talking to a girl from Minnesota for just over a month. Amazing writer and RPer. We were actually reading over each other's drafts for books and suggesting edits. We were considering collaborating for a book version of the RP we had been doing. We had different strengths in our writing ability, so we worked well together. Unfortunately, her parents kindly informed me she will not be able to talk to me anymore, so that idea had to be scraped.

43 minutes ago, ShadowDash13 said:

1.) If I could stop myself from stressing out over everything and just relax, I would be much happier. I really need some time where I'm not doing anything stressful and just clear my mind. But my schedule is much too packed for that.

2.) Yes, I have. I was talking to a girl from Minnesota for just over a month. Amazing writer and RPer. We were actually reading over each other's drafts for books and suggesting edits. We were considering collaborating for a book version of the RP we had been doing. We had different strengths in our writing ability, so we worked well together. Unfortunately, her parents kindly informed me she will not be able to talk to me anymore, so that idea had to be scraped.

Thats a shame, why can't she talk to you?

Well, we both had insomnia, so I was talking to her until 3 or 4 in the morning Pacific time. Which meant she was getting almost no sleep. Also, her parents were a little worried I may not be who I said I was. But unlike my parents (who did their best to cut off my contact with her completely without saying a thing to her) her parents kindly explained the situation, and made some very valid points. I have nothing but respect for them. All they want is to make sure their daughter is safe and healthy. They even let me keep the book drafts and the Rainbow Dash she drew for me.

• Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, Yumekai said:

Whats it like living so far north does it snow a lot? :sunbutt:

In Washington? No, not really. It just rains. A ton. We did get really bad snow last winter. That extra long break is what gave me the free time that led to me joining this fandom!

• Brohoof 2

19 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

I heard Seattle, Washington is known for its coffee. Is that right?

Yes it is! Starbucks began in Seattle, and now it's a huge international franchise. (I know... I bought some in Japan)

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Duality said:

why do you answer everyone else's comments but leave my questions hanging?

what a sad flappyhoss

Because you ask hard questions in large quantities!

On 8/19/2017 at 8:12 PM, Duality said:

What is your favourite colour of rock?

What is your favourite musical instrument?

Plasma guns or rocket-propelled-grenade launchers?

What's your favourite animal?

1.) A hyper-intelligent shade of the color blue first discovered by Douglas Adams.

2.) Guitar. Although I can only play the recorder...

3.) Rocket-propelled grenade launcher. Plasma cannons can accidentally harm the owner, and the maintenance cost is MUCH too high.

4.) WOLVES!!!! They are MUCH better than humans.

On 8/19/2017 at 8:12 PM, Duality said:

Why do you have so many drives? Wouldn't it be more efficient to get a large-capacity one and set up a decently segregated file tree?

Separation of business and pleasure. I have a 2GB for school, an 8GB for robotics, and a 32GB for fandom music and for episodes to watch at night.

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

Back to Japan. It was absolutely AMAZING there. The food, the culture... the $700 in souvenirs that included furry and brony merch... It was everything I imagined and more.

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, ShadowDash13 said:

Because you ask hard questions in large quantities!

:catface:

1 minute ago, ShadowDash13 said:

Guitar. Although I can only play the recorder...

What you talkin' 'bout 'only'?

Recorders are metal, man.

2 minutes ago, ShadowDash13 said:

Plasma cannons can accidentally harm the owner, and the maintenance cost is MUCH too high.

And rocket-propelled grenade launchers don't fit those criteria?

3 minutes ago, ShadowDash13 said:

Separation of business and pleasure. I have a 2GB for school, an 8GB for robotics, and a 32GB for fandom music and for episodes to watch at night.

You know they sell terabyte USBs now, right? You seem like the kinda guy that would already have one of those.

What is your least favourite animal?

How much power (measured in "Yoda-Force-output-per-second"s) do you estimate that your electrical devices collectively consume on average?

What is your favourite plant, and why?

Do you still live with your parents?

8 minutes ago, ShadowDash13 said:

Back to Japan. It was absolutely AMAZING there. The food, the culture... the $700 in souvenirs that included furry and brony merch... It was everything I imagined and more.

I wish to go to Japan for the places:

Wherever I can pay my respects for the late Satoru Iwata

Tokyo Disneyland for the exclusive attractions not found here in America

And Kobo Daishi’s mausoleum for a taste of Buddhism religion

30 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

I wish to go to Japan for the places:

Wherever I can pay my respects for the late Satoru Iwata

Tokyo Disneyland for the exclusive attractions not found here in America

And Kobo Daishi’s mausoleum for a taste of Buddhism religion

almost convinced enough people in my tour group to use our free day in Tokyo to go to Disneyland. It would have been AWESOME!

18 minutes ago, zenith32 said:

Have you been to any concerts (and if so, what was your favorite and why)?

I haven't been to a concert, sadly. One of these days. It's a matter of getting someone to go with me.

39 minutes ago, Duality said:

You know they sell terabyte USBs now, right? You seem like the kinda guy that would already have one of those.

What is your least favourite animal?

How much power (measured in "Yoda-Force-output-per-second"s) do you estimate that your electrical devices collectively consume on average?

What is your favourite plant, and why?

Do you still live with your parents?

I don't got the money for that kind of hardware. I'm still trying to figure out how to pay for the MLP Movie.

1.) SPIDERS!!!! I'm an animal lover. There is no animal in this world I don't like, except spiders. Honestly, I'll probably die hugging a wild animal. But I won't get NEAR spiders. I hate them with a passion. Arachnophobia is one of my many, many, many fears.

2.) Electronics own? Probably about 0.47 Yoda Forces. I only really use my phone, since my parents smashed my laptop when they found out about it. But I use A LOT of other people's computers.

3.) Daisies. Not so much because of their appearance, but because Daisy was the name of my first dog, a beagle I grew up with. I loved her so much...

4.) Yep. I've still got 750 days, 3 hours, and 10 minutes until I turn 18 and can escape. 

• Brohoof 2

Just now, ShadowDash13 said:

I haven't been to a concert, sadly. One of these days. It's a matter of getting someone to go with me.

No? That's a shame. Who would you want to go see?