Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Sparity ever happen?

CastletonSnob

I used to but ever since EqG I don't really see it happening,

While I understand that both Adaptations exist in their own separate timelines , EqG is still mostly written by writers of the show, with the first two movies being written by Meghan herself. As such, her decision to depict spike as a Dog rather than a regular human holds a bit more weight to me.  If Spike were depicted as a human and possibly Sci-Twi's little brother then it would have been theoretically possible in a a couple years time when the age gap isn't much of an issue, but since He's depicted as a Dog...It shows that their relationship could never be anything more than platonic. 

2 minutes ago, Vulcan said:

I used to but ever since EqG I don't really see it happening,

While I understand that both Adaptations exist in their own separate timelines , EqG is still mostly written by writers of the show, with the first two movies being written by Meghan herself. As such, her decision to depict spike as a Dog rather than a regular human holds a bit more weight to me.  If Spike were depicted as a human and possibly Sci-Twi's little brother then it would have been theoretically possible in a a couple years time when the age gap isn't much of an issue, but since He's depicted as a Dog...It shows that their relationship could never be anything more than platonic. 

I think Rarity loves Spike, but in a totally platonic way.

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

I think Rarity loves Spike, but in a totally platonic way.

Agreed. Though perhaps if by some chance EqG uses science or magic to turn Spike into a human....Then I could possibly see it happening. 

I believe Spike's gonna one day get tired of the crush and move on. They'll always be friends, but Iunno about Sparity happening at this point in time. 

Does that mean the crush is gonna end sometime in the future?

12 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

I believe Spike's gonna one day get tired of the crush and move on. They'll always be friends, but Iunno about Sparity happening at this point in time. 

Does that mean the crush is gonna end sometime in the future?

I hope so because not only has it gotten kinda sad at this point, Spike has kinda become creepy with it, such as sleeping with a Rarity doll, and in Honest Apple spying on her.

On 2017-06-05 at 5:17 PM, Phirun Natela said:

Sorry for double post, but as I already said. Spike isn't a child anymore by pony standards. A writer also confirmed this.

Eh, he's still treated like a child. And he does many childlike things, such as sleeping with a plushie.

Besides, said writer also said that in the end, it is Faust who decides how old he is. And since she said that he was eight...   

• Brohoof 1

On 2017-06-05 at 5:17 PM, Phirun Natela said:

Sorry for double post, but as I already said. Spike isn't a child anymore by pony standards. A writer also confirmed this.

Are you talking about Big Jim's quote last year, because what he said was 

"I assume he's around 16 - 22 in pony years, but maybe 10 - 12 in Dragon years. But remember, Lauren could refute that."

In other words, Spike is mentally a child still. The argument stands as valid that it's promoting an inappropriate relationship and no way in hell would Hasbro ever approve it, nor would the show staff take this angle. BTW that quote very problematic for several other reasons ... at the top end that makes some of the Mane Six pushing 30. ;)

• Brohoof 2

It's already canon, the first and one of very few canon ships on the show. The catch is it's a one-way ship. The more accurate question is whether Rarity will ever feel the same way. The answer is "who knows?" Though from the way she tightly held onto him at the end of "Scaremaster" hints that she sees him as her knight in shining scales (so to speak) even if she probably doesn't have any romantic feelings for him.

The way she uses him for tasks at first glance makes her seem like a jerk, but if he's using the opportunity to be near her (effectively stalking her as we just saw) I guess it balances it out? <_<  o_O;

At the very least it's a very unhealthy relationship which is why they need to face it in an episode sooner rather than later.

8 minutes ago, Blue Diamond said:

Are you talking about Big Jim's quote last year, because what he said was 

"I assume he's around 16 - 22 in pony years, but maybe 10 - 12 in Dragon years. But remember, Lauren could refute that."

In other words, Spike is mentally a child still. The argument stands as valid that it's promoting an inappropriate relationship and no way in hell would Hasbro ever approve it, nor would the show staff take this angle. BTW that quote very problematic for several other reasons ... at the top end that makes some of the Mane Six pushing 30. ;)

Lauren hasn't had any creative input and hasn't had anything to do with FIM since season 2. Saying she can refute ANYTHING at this point is laughable.

On 2017-06-05 at 5:43 PM, Phirun Natela said:

That's nice for him, let the guy believe

So basically, what you're saying is that if Big Jim says that something you like is canon, then it is. But if he says something that you doesn't like is canon, then it isn't.  

On 2017-06-05 at 5:34 PM, Phirun Natela said:

Faust doesn't have anything to say anymore, neither should people follow her thoughts.

She dictated a recent canon element seen this season years after she left the show. Just putting that out there. Basically the Supervising Director does take her input seriously, which means that peopled should not discount her views wholesale. 

Considering that the OP asked "will Sparity ever become canon", the answer is ... realistically ... never. The show staff still see him as a child, mentally and in body. Hasbro is allergic to parental pitchforks. So no, won't happen. Ever. 

On 2017-06-05 at 5:38 PM, ggg-2 said:

Lauren hasn't had any creative input and hasn't had anything to do with FIM since season 2. Saying she can refute ANYTHING at this point is laughable.

She influenced Parental Glideance just fine. ;)

• Brohoof 1

On 2017-06-05 at 6:29 PM, Phirun Natela said:

What Jim says is canon is debatable, but nothing Lauren says or said now is canon. Just because people love her doesn't mean her vision follows the show now.

Jim listens to her. ;)

On 2017-06-05 at 6:29 PM, Phirun Natela said:

What Jim says is canon is debatable, but nothing Lauren says or said now is canon. 

Unless Jim says it is, naturally. I mean, you can't really use the fact to that Jim says Spike isn't an child to help your argument on why Sparity can happen, if you're not going to count whatever else he says as canon.