Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Sparity ever happen?

CastletonSnob

5 minutes ago, Meeps said:

I kind of wonder if its like how sometimes children will have crushes on adult figures in their lives, like teachers or babysitters?

I feel that Spike will grow out of it, if that's how the depiction is supposed to be. He may even fall for a dragon lass eventually!

It better be, otherwise I cannot to begin to imagine a Rule 63 version of Sparity where the genders for both couples are swapped. Now it just got creepy. *shudder*

17 minutes ago, Meeps said:

I kind of wonder if its like how sometimes children will have crushes on adult figures in their lives, like teachers or babysitters?

I feel that Spike will grow out of it, if that's how the depiction is supposed to be. He may even fall for a dragon lass eventually!

Yeah, alot of us around here are thinking that. For those of us that don't think Sparity is gonna happen, he's gonna grow out of the crush later in the series! That way Rarity can stop making him do stuff that he might not actually wanna do! I'm talking to you Honest Apple!

19 hours ago, Meeps said:

Haha, I was referencing Spike in the episode, "It's About Time."

I'm not sure using a S2 episode is a fair assessment of his current maturity since S1-S3 all take place in the span of a year. (He did have that one birthday during that time of course. ;))

Since S4, some number of years has passed as revealed by Nightmare Moon's comments in the S5 finale and by the various holiday revisits that have come and gone.

He's still not at the age of consent (not that the show will ever insinuate two characters are having sex anyway, lol), but give the little guy some credit for having grown into something you don't get to see too often in TV shows: a wise and respectful teenager.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Truffles said:

I'm not sure using a S2 episode is a fair assessment of his current maturity since S1-S3 all take place in the span of a year. (He did have that one birthday during that time of course. ;))

Since S4, some number of years has passed as revealed by Nightmare Moon's comments in the S5 finale and by the various holiday revisits that have come and gone.

He's still not at the age of consent (not that the show will ever insinuate two characters are having sex anyway, lol), but give the little guy some credit for having grown into something you don't get to see too often in TV shows: a wise and respectful teenager.

Eh, I just can't see him as a teenager so quickly. He's learned important lessons, a few years have gone by, but he's still in that "childhood" range to me. Just my perception, of course! I also think he's referred to as a "baby" dragon simply because dragons age differently, especially compared to ponies. He could be in his 20's for all I know; that could be still a baby in dragon years.

Edited by Meeps

Now I do support the pairing.  But if and I do emphiaze "IF" the show was to hint at it again or even reference it as a nod to the fanbase. I see it going along the direction of Twilight casting a temporary transformation Spell on Spike (perhaps as a b-day gift) to let him see what it's like to be a pony for at least 24hrs.  Then you have Rarity enter into the picture, see Spike in his pony form, and go from there.  Thus, though this, you at least for one episode give the Sparity supporters what they have been waiting for, and close the book on it for the time being, with the characters acknowledging that perhaps there is something there between them besides friendship.

You want a good example of this, check out the "Family Matters" Episode where Steve temporary became Stephan before changing back, and how Laura fell for him in that form.  Just saying.

I hope not. Nothing against Spike, but I think two different species musn't have a relationship. 

For example, I'm not gonna date with a cow, right? :lol:

While many people don't believe that any ship will become canon, after SugarMac episode I believe that there are SOME ships that might get more focus.

Starburst/Starlight and Discord/Fluttershy are one of these. Howeever, as much as i want Sparity to have chances, it is very unlikely that Spike would grow up to be old enough for Rartiy to see him more as some cute child. Ember mmight also grow closer to him in the meantime. So no, I don't think Sparity will become canon in G4.

11 hours ago, Hierok said:

I hope not. Nothing against Spike, but I think two different species musn't have a relationship. 

I dunno, equating Rarity's intelligence to that of a real-world cow seems kind of unfair to me. :confused:

What did you think of the relationships presented in Zootopia or Shrek?

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Hierok said:

That doesn't make sense. We don't date our animals because they have inferior intelligence and we can't get them on our level of cognitive thinking. I ASSURE you, you would have millions of millions of wedding between  cow women and human males if they were as intelligent as Doctor Zira from planet of the Apes. Right now there is a huge part  of the population that want to have sex with Lola Bunny or Judy Hoops.

2 minutes ago, BloodDrops said:

Rather have him as a large fire breathing dragon, thats better in the school

He didn't have to be a Dog or a Dragon, With Spike's level of intelligence, They could just as easily have depicted him as a younger kid perhaps even of a different nationality.     

On 2017-06-16 at 3:02 PM, Phirun Natela said:

They could've, but he would've gotten too much respect that way. Ergo, now a dog. Anyways, would've still made Sparity weird either way.

Perhaps It would be weird at the present , but It would have also given us a possibility of a future relationship as age gaps become less significant as time passes. 

However since they chose to depict him  as a Dog, it wouldn't matter how long time would pass, It would never be a possibility.

15 hours ago, Truffles said:

I dunno, equating Rarity's intelligence to that of a real-world cow seems kind of unfair to me. :confused:

What did you think of the relationships presented in Zootopia or Shrek?

I don't like those either. Dragonky's? Serious? :nom:

5 hours ago, Conred said:

That doesn't make sense. We don't date our animals because they have inferior intelligence and we can't get them on our level of cognitive thinking. I ASSURE you, you would have millions of millions of wedding between  cow women and human males if they were as intelligent as Doctor Zira from planet of the Apes. Right now there is a huge part  of the population that want to have sex with Lola Bunny or Judy Hoops.

Fair point, but I was just joking and making an example. By the way, I just don't like hybrid species. Pony x pony and dragon x dragon would be much better in my opinion. :orly:

• Brohoof 1

Spike is keeping his interest for Rarity up through the seasons, which is kind of admirable... I mean, that takes some power of will, Spikey.

Either way, I don't really see it happening. Rarity don't feel the same way and we've had several canon moments as to where she's made it pretty clear. He's her "spikey wikey" and she sort of treats him like her little brother, in a sense. It's cute but it probably won't be more than that, despite Spike's fascination of her mane.. (Which seems to be his trigger, as Twilight accidentally got Rarity's manestyle in one episode, and suddenly he got all love-eyes for Twilight too.)

• Brohoof 1

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 1:42 AM, bwrosas said:

Now I do support the pairing.  But if and I do emphiaze "IF" the show was to hint at it again or even reference it as a nod to the fanbase. I see it going along the direction of Twilight casting a temporary transformation Spell on Spike (perhaps as a b-day gift) to let him see what it's like to be a pony for at least 24hrs.  Then you have Rarity enter into the picture, see Spike in his pony form, and go from there.  Thus, though this, you at least for one episode give the Sparity supporters what they have been waiting for, and close the book on it for the time being, with the characters acknowledging that perhaps there is something there between them besides friendship.

You want a good example of this, check out the "Family Matters" Episode where Steve temporary became Stephan before changing back, and how Laura fell for him in that form.  Just saying.

Now I know some people have said he would be nothing more than a filly, but what if Twlight was to cast a transformation spell to not only make him into a pony for day, but also the same height and age, that could work and they could the route I suggested in the quote above with Rarity entering the picture and go from there.

On 6/15/2017 at 9:22 AM, Hierok said:

As long as that cow gives consent then you're good though you will be frowned upon by society. If you can speak the way how cows communicate then I suppose though it would be a very weird sight indeed. Oh wait, can animals even give consent? Not so sure if we can apply human rationale into the situation since animals are too instinctual :lol:.

• Brohoof 1

Speaking of it as in relationship?
Nope.
It's an abomination.
Those 2 are so not fit for each other.
Just look at those characters Rarity has shown interest for and compare them to spike.
Nope, ain't gonna happen.