Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Movie/TV show genres you can't get into

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Most of the time, slasher horror movies. They tend to be more annoying than scary to me. I might watch it if it's a classic, like Halloween.

I also can't stand crime dramas. Again, there are exceptions, but generally I find realistic crime too emotionally exhausting to watch.

The only other one I can think of is teen dramas. Too angsty.

Zombie movies. Honestly, there's only so much that can be done with the same thing again and again and again...

I'm also really tired of cartoons with nothing but toilet humor and bad animation.  

• Brohoof 2

rom-coms. boy does these shows and film get old so fast? not to mention the poor writing and humor value inserted there :proud:

On 6/16/2017 at 5:05 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

I'm also really tired of cartoons with nothing but toilet humor and bad animation.  

should've added that too. you took these words out from my mouth

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

New style advertising/commercial. Just not my thing! That means shows that are built to have more commercial breaks or even make you think you are watching content when you are actually watching a commercial. There are many shows crossing this boundary, like Talent shows, and Youtube shows, and even Twitch streams!

• Brohoof 1

I have always thought horror movies were over the top, disturbing, and stupid, so I could never watch those even though I love horror games now. I also can’t do anything strictly romance because it all looks fake and idealistic. 

• Brohoof 2

• 4 months later...

I don't know if it counts as a genre, but anime/other media with a harem kind of plot. They feel really fake and the girls never have any character outside of "I think the male protagonist is hot".

That, and end-of-the-world style movies where the main characters ALWAYS live! It's the end of the world, HOW do these people survive EVERY SINGLE TIME?!:Cozy:

Edited by ToastedScone

In general anything that doesn't somehow involve supernatural or alien things. More specifically, though, I really hate romantic comedies, any kind of soap opera, or reality TV.

I could never get into reality shows on TV (back in the day when I was little and my mom used to watch them).

Also I don't get sitcoms like Friends, I just hate the concept of neverending cycle of mini-stories that don't affect anything

Horror movies are just a screamer roller coasters. While games can scare you in multiple ways and build the atmosphere, movies just constantly stutter you with predictable jumpscares

Marvel superhero movies. I don't know what exactly but something's wrong with them. Tho I like more serious and grounded ones like Logan

Edited by Vefka
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Horror films - not because they're at all badly made or cliche or anything like that, but mostly cause I just feel uncomfortable and sad watching them. I hate seeing people suffer or die, especially in live-action and seeing what happens to people in these movies just brings me down a bit. :worry:

• Brohoof 1

Well, there are a few genres I can not get into it. Slasher movies, splatter movies, gore movies, romances, musicals (but it is ok for me in cartoons, not a fan of it, but ok) and dance movies. I am also not a big fan of pure action movies. In other genres, it depends on the movie. Especially in the genre comedy, were are really good and funny comedy movies, but also really boring, stupid, cringy or even icky comedy movies. And for shows, it is mostly casting and dating shows. 

• Brohoof 1