Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite Opening Themes/ Sequences in Television

K.Rool Addict

Still the greatest

Also good ones

(unpopular Opinion, I prefer it to Chala Head Chala)

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, Prospekt said:

My favorite is the one from Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Forgot about The X-Files!

And Top Gear!

And the old Tim Allen sitcom Home Improvement.

• Brohoof 2

Here's a few of my favorites. Warning: Anime ahead!

First is "Paranoia Agent". I found the music to be a perfect counterpoint to the surreal and almost frightening imagery. When the old man is on the moon, note the shock-waves on the Earth. If you could see them from space, no living thing could survive them!

Next is "Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure". For some reason I just love the way it opens with someone just pounding the theme out on the piano!

Popotan. Yes, the song actually names the characters! Ai Mi and Mee are three sisters with a sort of chronic Chronological displacement problem. I love how the song drops from cutesy into a sort of bubblegum rock thing.

"Mouse" Same group, (Under 17) different anime! Mouse is a super thief that can steal anything. Including the heart of any woman that happens to meet him! I'm posting the full opening theme here, do to the actual anime opening scenes being quite suggestive. (Bouncy, even!)

"Tenchi Muyo! In Love" ending credit music
The ending song "Alchemy of Love" I just find beautiful. It's quite literally about how a mother's unconditional love can be the most powerful force in the entire universe. Oh, and yes, this is the original. It isn't an English translation.

"Slayers" I found the version with Lisa Ortiz voicing the opening preamble. I met her once! (Japanese song) because Slayers is one of the few anime that I like the English dub better. Lina Inverse is my hero!

Thrown in just for fun. Lina casting her signature spell, The Dragon Slave! Yes, think low yield tactical nuclear warhead!

• Brohoof 3

Unless you're from Canada or remember Fox Kids, you might not've heard of this cartoon:

Cybersix only ran for 13 episodes, but was well ahead of its time. The intro song is absolutely beautiful.

Oh, here's one more "Bubblegum Crisis" Konya wa Hurricane. I love this series!

Okay, one more.

"All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku". Super strong pretty girl cyborg with a CAT'S brain! What could be better? Meow!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

*facehoof*

How the hey could I forget this?

If Animaniacs had a live-action counterpart, it's Pee Wee's Playhouse. This 2.5-minute intro sequence (sung by Cyndi Lauper) symbolizes how wacky, crazy, and awe-inspiring this amazing program truly is. :D

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Dark Qiviut said:

*facehoof*

How the hey could I forget this?

If Animaniacs had a live-action counterpart, it's Pee Wee's Playhouse. This 2.5-minute intro sequence (sung by Cyndi Lauper) symbolizes how wacky, crazy, and awe-inspiring this amazing program truly is. :D

OMG! I used to love Pee Wee's Playhouse!

How about  Beakman's World? My dad and I never missed an episode!

I could do this all day. I am also going to put two here that have great themes, but are basically clip intros. The theme songs are personally nostalgic. 

Yes it's a bad intro. I don't care. It's childhood. 

And finally 

5 hours ago, Tech Reel said:

Ya can't beat the classics ;)

Funny thing about this. I actually clap out loud when that clap is heard near the beginning of the intro. It drives my family crazy. :D

• Brohoof 2

heee hee this thread <3

I have a ton, and may keep adding to the thread, but here's a few anyway (everyone knows Game of Thrones and Dexter's opening though)

here's my part 1. lol =D 

• Brohoof 3

The original Mission: Impossible series has the best theme music ever. It's one of the best shows too. Here's another, albeit a more acquired taste. 

There's just something about those great '60s TV shows! 

Buffy The Vampire Slayer and all of the DCEU shows have fantastic opening theme songs that get your blood pumping and get you hyped for every episode. But a new favorite of mine is Westworld. It's dark and eerie, but also beautiful, much like the show itself.

11 hours ago, Blue Diamond said:

Funny thing about this. I actually clap out loud when that clap is heard near the beginning of the intro. It drives my family crazy. :D

I clap along too!! XD It's irresistible. Once you're a fan ya just gotta!

(edited)

The opening theme to "Gravity Fallls" is my favorite & the theme from "Batman: The Animated Series" is my second favorite.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 3

Some of my favorite openings are:

The second opening to My Hero Academia 

The second opening to Dragon Ball Super

The second opening to Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V

The intro to Danny Phantom

The intro to Avatar: The Last Airbender