Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

No section regarding selling items that's besides artwork?

Jon the VGNerd

(edited)

There's no section from Octavia's Hall regarding selling stuff that's besides artwork and it makes it difficult for me to do so, especially since my tablet pen had gone missing and was never found at all, which makes it very impossible for me to earn commissions that mainly require art, merchs regarding MLP even. And I can't buy a replacement pen because its not guaranteed to work because my tablet will not recognize the replacement pen of any kind, even with the correct product as it'll recognize the only pen that's registered to it. Can there be a new section that allows people to advertise and sell legitimate products that they have and of no use for them, mainly for those who are struggling to earn money such as myself?

Again, I know there are commissions and other stuff regarding products that are mainly MLP, but because I lost my tablet pen, its impossible for me to post nonexistent artwork without resorting to trying to sell some of my things I no longer use, and I understand if you do not accept any items that are deemed illegal (though many of the stuff I own and no longer use are 100% legitimate), but still, some of us want to earn money that's not related to MLP stuff or artwork. Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it on General Discussion, which comes as close as it can get. Feel free to delete or lock my thread.

Edited by Jon the Bronynerd
  • Brohoof 1

Heya Jon,

Unfortunately we don't have a general marketplace on these forums, and advertising isn't allowed as per the rules: https://mlpforums.com/guidelines/

---

Advertising on MLPF is not permitted. We will allow you to place your personal website, social media, or media sharing account link in your signature and the appropriate field(s) in your profile, providing the content on the site does not link to content considered inappropriate for MLPF. Outside of those exceptions, advertising is strictly prohibited without Administrator approval. Examples of disallowed advertisements include, but are not limited to, commercial storefronts, personal websites outside of the permitted areas, chat groups, donation drives, crowd funding initiatives, research studies, affiliate programs, commission shops, and generally any topics/status updates/blogs with the sole purpose of driving traffic to your site or platform (this includes proxy posting on someone's behalf). If you want to advertise or collect money here, please get in touch with an admin to seek permission. This is for the protection of our members, and to cut down on annoying or spammy ad-centric content.

• Brohoof 1

I was rather hoping someone else would ask this. Can we not have a small yard sale space for MLP items? I have a box full of brand new pony merch that none of my local groups seem interested in, but eBay can be hit or miss for the cash you get with large pony lots. 

• Brohoof 1

In light of this thread, I'm considering revisiting that rule and opening up some kind of user-to-user marketplace here. I have two possible approaches in mind right now - comments would be appreciated!

• making "for sale" threads a thing you can buy - ie. paying $10 (as an example - actual pricing might need more thought) to put up a thread in which you're allowed to sell something
  • adding something resembling a proper marketplace, where you can post items for sale, arrange payment, and MLPF/Poniverse takes a small cut from the transaction (there's an IP.Board add-on for this, so I don't anticipate it being a strain on our troubled access to dev resources)

@StormBlaze @Jon the Bronynerd ^

• Brohoof 2