Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Emotional Moments in Video Games ... that surprised you

Deae Rising Shine~

(edited)

Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen. The true ending. Took me like 300+ hours to get there (since I was busy doing SOOOO many other things in the game I didn't want to just rush through it =^-^=).

You essentially become God, not just in a cutscene, but actual gameplay-wise too. And then you have to kill yourself. It was crazy af. Very existential and philosophical climax. Really made you reflect on the journey of getting to that point :o  Very surprising considering how mundane the rest of Dragon's Dogma's storyline was (go fetch this here, go kill that there, slay the dragon, blah, blah, blah)

Edited by K.Rool Addict

Bobbery losing his wife in Thousand Year Door, especially when he reads his wife's final letter to him.

@cmarston1

Spoiler

For me, the more emotional moment was when, after Nebby was revealed to be Solgaleo/Lunala, when Lille lets him go with you, but is obviously sad to see him go. Don't even get me started on the ending, where Lillie departs Alola.

• Brohoof 2

Well, I sure didn't expect to cry at the end of Sonic Adventure 2. One second I was having a blast rolling around at the speed of sound, the other I was sobbing over my favorite character dying in space and meteor'ing back towards Earth...

:(

@PoisonClaw

Also at the end of The Thousand Years Door, on the last boss' second phase, when you're left at the brink of death and suddenly everyone you've ever met in the game starts cheering you on through the crystal stars... That was one hell of an emotional moment for me back when I first beat the game, and it still kinda hits me to this day.

• Brohoof 3

7 minutes ago, driz said:

Also at the end of The Thousand Years Door, on the last boss' second phase, when you're left at the brink of death and suddenly everyone you've ever met in the game starts cheering you on through the crystal stars... That was one hell of an emotional moment for me back when I first beat the game, and it still kinda hits me to this day.

Hmm, just reminded me of something else...

c2de419df726dc88887019cbf28cffc4d1a32008

• Brohoof 2

The finale of Castlevania Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate. Never expected that the last lines delivered were enough to make me cry. On top of that, I'VE ALREADY WATCHED THAT ON YOUTUBE BEFORE I COULD OBTAIN A COPY OF THE GAME. Yeah, I've cried the second time I've watched that 

"Damn you!!! Why!? No!!! No! Live! Live, my son......." -Dracula/Gabriel Belmont :( .

I don't really remember crying that much over a videogame 

(edited)

@K.Rool Addict You may want to put a spoiler alert on your post.

For me, I'd say many parts of Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us." That ending especially pulled me in. The backstory, the characters' struggles, the deaths and tough choices; it's just a game that stays with you. It was kind of cool, after the playthrough I asked some friends about it, and we all had different takes and views on whether what was done in the end was the right choice xD

Edited by Meeps

(edited)
On 6/6/2017 at 3:18 PM, driz said:

This. ^^ Followed by the reunion of Timpani and Blumiere in Super Paper Mario. That one got me all teary-eyed the first time around, too.

Another one is the death of Chopper in Ace Combat 5, especially with the way his wingmates react. You can practically hear the tears streaming down their face as they go berserk and try to avenge their friend. :(

Then there's the cutscene at the end of the final mission of Ace Combat 4:

Allied soldier: "So, did we win the war?"
AWACS Sky Eye: "I don't know. History determines the winner. But there's one thing I can say for certain. Heroes really do exist. We've just seen one, and now he's coming home."

And finally, the bit in Night In The Woods when Angus talks about his childhood.

Edited by Prospekt

Yep. Limbo, when kid dies first time. It happened so quick and unexpected that I felt some king of shock.

Dank Souls. when you kill Sunbro Solaire... It still hurts...

solaire_of_astora_by_emortal982-d8sal2b.

1 hour ago, K.Rool Addict said:

Which one, the Dragon's Dogma or Earthbound post? :o 

Reveal hidden contents

Also, don't tell me what to do, fool 

e9310c5328e0f7143147e5bb8c8d110a.jpg

The one about becoming god, I think it was Dogma.

When I completed the game Journey, I didn't plan to feel as emotional as I did. At first I didn't realize how the game worked and then when I ran into someone I started following them and soon I figured out we had to work together. I learned to use the communication signal as a way to signal someone to head toward me or vise versa. There was even a moment where you slide across the sand and whoever I was playing with started zig-zagging so I joined in until we were making figure 8's in the sand and it was a very beautiful moment. Then the game ended and for a couple hours afterwards I was still marveling at how powerful this game felt while playing it and how I never was so touched by a game before.

As cheesy as Resident Evil 6 is, there was one moment that got me. 

Spoiler

Piers's death in Resident Evil 6. I was like "No Piers! We can escape together. I don't care if you have a mutated arm and can shoot electricity out of it.

(edited)
On 6/7/2017 at 8:51 PM, Prospekt said:

Followed by the reunion of Timpani and Blumiere in Super Paper Mario. That one got me all teary-eyed the first time around, too.

"Timpani...do you remember the promise we made to each other that day?"

"Yes, I remember..."

"If there was a place where we could be happy together, we would find it."

"Will you come with me to that place now?"

"Blumiere... Of course... I will always be with you..."

Edited by Castle Bleck
  • Brohoof 2

I found myself tearing up at the end of Pokemon X, fighting the trainer AZ and when he is reunited with his Flabebe. I thought that moment was quite emotional and it was the only moment in a video game that has ever made me close to crying.

• 5 years later...
On 6/12/2017 at 6:46 PM, Castle Bleck said:

"Timpani...do you remember the promise we made to each other that day?"

"Yes, I remember..."

"If there was a place where we could be happy together, we would find it."

"Will you come with me to that place now?"

"Blumiere... Of course... I will always be with you..."

Who thought a paper character:( could deliver so much heart?