Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you change your national anthem to?

Zyrael

Probably replace it with something like this 

That's right. Ice jokes in Iceland. Very funny

• Brohoof 1

Surprised no Americans have responded with this yet.

Alternatively, this (even though it's satirical, but the point still stands.)

Can you tell I'm not a patriot?

• Brohoof 4

Well ours does kinda suck. It was never meant to be a song in the first place. 

So how about why we're awesoem and what we've doen since then.

Though maybe this one should be instilled, if not to inspire, then as a motto to live by. 

(edited)

Easy! We just need to change our country's name to equestria and require everyone to own a celestial memorabilia. And change from presidents to duel monarchy. And call canada the 'crystal empire and make Canada a monarchy. And Mexico is the dragon lands and hive. But it could work!

and no more Washington DC, from now on it's called, Canterlot! And Manehatten! And Las Pegasus! I know it would work perfectly!

Edited by Ingoma

I prefer America the Beautiful to our current anthem. The former emphasizes all the good things about the USA while the latter focuses on militaristic themes. Not that this is a bad thing necessarily but I can confirm we have a reputation for belligerence in other countries.

I was about to sarcastically post that awful "God Bless America" song, but it's so awful that I couldn't do it, and I had to find some better song to wash that nonsense out of my mind, and I thought of this:

• Brohoof 1

God Save the King/Queen is VERY outdated and very drole and im one of the many who still doesnt know the words in full x.x shameful I know, but its so UGH.

2 I would love to have as our Anthems and always consider them unofficial ones. 

I Vow to thee my country

and Jerusalem  - Even though I guess its rather non PC to have it as an anthem, because Jerusalem is in the middle east blah blah terrorists etc, dunno if it would ever be accepted these days. But we Brits love it because its a powerful Hymn and raises morale when we sing it. Plus EVERYONE knows it. 

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:17 PM, Kyoshi said:

I would change America's to this, which is basically a perfection descriptor for it:

"I'm living one big nightmare"

That really sounds about right.

• Brohoof 2

^"Originally published by swordsman3003 in October 2nd, 2007" <-- Just for a little context :o 

I disagree that 4chan died in 2007, btw... I'd say more or less around mid-to-late 2009 is when it "fully" went under -.-

• Brohoof 1

To change the national anthem I'd have to change the country first. So, let's add to my country at least Spain, France and Italy. And we would happily embrace our Roman heritage considering our cultures largely come from Rome. This would be the anthem.

ROMA INVICTA

SPQR

On 6/18/2017 at 11:40 PM, Frostgage said:

I prefer America the Beautiful to our current anthem. The former emphasizes all the good things about the USA while the latter focuses on militaristic themes. Not that this is a bad thing necessarily but I can confirm we have a reputation for belligerence in other countries.

This exactly. America the Beautiful is a prettier song anyway. I would also like God Bless America. It has the same majestic beauty that fits well for the anthem. :P

• Brohoof 1