Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

SoL 1x1 with Kitsune and Dynamo Pad

Stardust*

@Stardust*

Kitsune giggled as she watched the pony gather himself together. "That would have been pretty epic, good thing the ponies around here are pretty self absorbed in their own activities to really pay much attention to some out-of-towners."She waited for him to gather up his things and she started to head back to the hotel. Once she was back in the room she started to go through her bag for her concert clothes. She had a white summer dress that she brought just for the occasion. It was a sleeveless dress that cut off right at the knees. She loved it, because it was just lightweight cotton and had rustic laced ends. She stepped out from the bathroom with her hair all done up in a relaxed messy style. "How do I look? Dressed up enough for the concert?"

"Sorry I went and disappointed you, but it would have been cool to have stuck the landing. I guess I should consider myself thankful that nobody was able to see that. At least being out of town gives us a sort of advantage to letting us act like goofballs from time to time." He joked with a playful smirk as he made sure he had all of his belongings. After a quick check of gathering up everything, he followed Kitsune as the two made their way back to the hotel. Once the couple arrived at the hotel and their hotel room, he began to search through his suitcase. It took him some time, but he eventually managed to find his outfit he wanted to wear for the concert. At that time, he heard the bathroom door being opened to see her stepping out in a sleeveless dress. He turned to her and blushed at how lovely she looked. Even the way her hair was done in a relaxed/messy style made her look adorable, in his opinion. "You look absolutely beautiful, sweetheart. No words can ever describe your beauty. You definitely look dressed up enough for the concert." He smiles softly, before making his way to the bathroom to change.

After a few minutes, Dynamo had stepped out of the bathroom in his new attire. He sported a grayish white dress shirt, with matching black pants and black dress jacket. He combed back his mane as he put his mane into a ponytail. "What do you think, Kity? Do I look good for the concert tonight? I hope I dressed to impress."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

It took him some time, but he eventually managed to find his outfit he wanted to wear for the concert. At that time, he heard the bathroom door being opened to see her stepping out in a sleeveless dress. He turned to her and blushed at how lovely she looked. Even the way her hair was done in a relaxed/messy style made her look adorable, in his opinion. "You look absolutely beautiful, sweetheart. No words can ever describe your beauty. You definitely look dressed up enough for the concert." He smiles softly, before making his way to the bathroom to change.

Kitsune blushed as she looked away a bit, she was not used to the type of flattery, but she loved every second of it. "Thank you." She said as she made her way over to her bag to make sure that she had everything that she needed. Once she heard the bathroom door close she quickly pulled out her phone and sent a text to Sasha.

"I talked to Dynamo, we will meet you tomorrow at the arcade at noon."

Moments later.

"k"

After a few minutes, Dynamo had stepped out of the bathroom in his new attire. He sported a grayish white dress shirt, with matching black pants and black dress jacket. He combed back his mane as he put his mane into a ponytail. "What do you think, Kity? Do I look good for the concert tonight? I hope I dressed to impress."

She jumped a little as she heard him come out of the bathroom, she shoved her phone inside her bag and flipped around. "Wooooow..." She slowly walked around him looking him up and down giving him a little goofy grin. "You sure do clean up nice, I'm going to have to make sure I am always on your arm tonight, don't need any of these mares trying to steal my stallion." She gave him a quick kiss in the cheek and turned to grab her bag. "Okay, let's go grab a taxi, I don't want us to get all sweaty having to walk to the area."

• Brohoof 1

@Stardust*

Kitsune blushed as she looked away a bit, she was not used to the type of flattery, but she loved every second of it. "Thank you." She said as she made her way over to her bag to make sure that she had everything that she needed. Once she heard the bathroom door close she quickly pulled out her phone and sent a text to Sasha.

Dynamo held back a slight chuckle as he was glad he could make her blush. "You're welcome and I say it because it's true. You're beautiful, no matter what. If anyone can't see how cute, awesome and great you are, then they don't know what they're missing."

She jumped a little as she heard him come out of the bathroom, she shoved her phone inside her bag and flipped around. "Wooooow..." She slowly walked around him looking him up and down giving him a little goofy grin. "You sure do clean up nice, I'm going to have to make sure I am always on your arm tonight, don't need any of these mares trying to steal my stallion." She gave him a quick kiss in the cheek and turned to grab her bag. "Okay, let's go grab a taxi, I don't want us to get all sweaty having to walk to the area."

As she walked around him to give him an inspection, Dynamo blushed slightly at her remark. "I'm glad I was able to dress to impress. I'd like to look lovely for my date this evening. Spoiler alert, but that lovely date is you, my dear." He winked at her little goofy grin, before chuckling at her statement. "I guess I'll keep that promise in mind, but I wouldn't worry. Even if I have to shout it to the sky above, then I'll tell every single mare out there that I'm not interested. Why would I want anyone else, when I have the perfect woman with me right now? To be honest, I couldn't ask for anyone better in my life." He returned the kiss on her cheek, before grabbing his phone and his wallet. "Okay and I'm guessing the concert is a little ways away? I can imagine, since it would be playing at a somewhat large stadium." He says, taking her paw into his hand as the two exited their hotel room.

@Dynamo Pad

As she walked around him to give him an inspection, Dynamo blushed slightly at her remark. "I'm glad I was able to dress to impress. I'd like to look lovely for my date this evening. Spoiler alert, but that lovely date is you, my dear." He winked at her little goofy grin, before chuckling at her statement. "I guess I'll keep that promise in mind, but I wouldn't worry. Even if I have to shout it to the sky above, then I'll tell every single mare out there that I'm not interested. Why would I want anyone else, when I have the perfect woman with me right now? To be honest, I couldn't ask for anyone better in my life." He returned the kiss on her cheek, before grabbing his phone and his wallet.

"Good." She smiled at him. 

"Okay and I'm guessing the concert is a little ways away? I can imagine, since it would be playing at a somewhat large stadium." He says, taking her paw into his hand as the two exited their hotel room.

"Yeah, its all the way across town. I think that we can make it in about 25 minutes as long as the traffic is good." As she stepped outside onto the sidewalk she started to look up and down the street for a taxi pony. She saw one start to come down the street and she put her hand up in the air for it to stop. When the pony got up to them she told him where they were headed. He nodded and waited for them to buckle up. "I'm nervous, I hope the crowd here in Canterlot likes the style of music that I wrote. I never think anything I do is good enough, but I'm my own worst critic. The conductor loves them all though, but the ponies here in Canterlot are really into a lot of the more classic types of music." 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Stardust*

"Yeah, its all the way across town. I think that we can make it in about 25 minutes as long as the traffic is good." As she stepped outside onto the sidewalk she started to look up and down the street for a taxi pony. She saw one start to come down the street and she put her hand up in the air for it to stop. When the pony got up to them she told him where they were headed. He nodded and waited for them to buckle up. "I'm nervous, I hope the crowd here in Canterlot likes the style of music that I wrote. I never think anything I do is good enough, but I'm my own worst critic. The conductor loves them all though, but the ponies here in Canterlot are really into a lot of the more classic types of music." 

"Okay. From what I can recall, I don't think there was that much traffic when we went to get something to eat. Along with when we were exploring the statues in the middle of town. Granted, there were a lot of ponies moving about through the day, but there was more walking than car driving. So, I don't think there will be that much traffic this evening. Meaning, we'll have time to get to the concert and grab out seats." He nods as she explained how much it would take to make their arrival. As they stepped out of the hotel and towards the sidewalk, the couple looked around for a taxi pony, who could take them to the concert stadium. As she put up her hand to call a taxi over, he waved to help grab the taxi's attention. After the taxi pony arrived, he helped Kitsune into the vehicle, before making his way into the taxi. He buckled himself up, but looked over to see the nervousness on the female vixen's face. He took her paw into her hand, while placing a comforting hand upon her shoulder.

"I get that you're nervous and you have every right to be. However, you need to give yourself some more credit, babe. I used to be the same way. There are times where I might not be good enough in video games. Even in tournaments where I fail, then I have that sort of feeling. Sometimes I have to realize that it's just a game and there's room to improve. I know how ponies in Canterlot try to be overanalyze one thing or another, but I know that they'll love this. These past couple of weeks from teaching your students and working on songs has really paid off. In the beginning, I thought the music you worked on was amazing. Even now, those thoughts and feelings have not changed a bit. Whether everyone, nobody, or even one person likes the songs, then I'll always support you, Kity. You've earned this opportunity and I know you'll be just fine. I promise that I'm with you all the way. I give you my word, my love." He placed a kiss upon her forehead, before giving her a soft, yet caring smile.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

As the couple arrived at the arena, she stepped out of the taxi and marveled at the structure. 

Image result for classical outdoor concert stage

She looked for the conductor as he would have their tickets and he had stated that he would make sure to meet them by the flagpole. She bobbed her head over and around the ponies that were in her line of sight. She finally spotted him and she made her way to him, grabbing Dynamo's hand as she started walking. 

"Hi Mr. Penn, how have you been?" She greeted the pony with a hug. 

"I'm doing well, I hope you made it here without too much trouble, I'm very excited for tonight. The orchestra just loves the songs you have written. I hope we an do hem justice." 

"Oh, I'm positive that it will be amazing, your orchestra is one of the best in all of Equestria." She smiled. 

"Well, let me give you your tickets, and just as you requested, right in the middle, just a few rows back from the front of the platform. I better get over and help them warm up." He handed Kitsune the tickets and gave her a little bow before making his way to his podium. 

"This is going to be amazing, I hope you like it. I know it's a different type of music that you are used to. But I think you will like it." She turned and made her way over to the express line to hand in the tickets before making her way over to the designated seats, which had a reserved sign on both of them. She smiled as she thought of Mr. Penn.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Stardust*

As the couple arrived at the arena, she stepped out of the taxi and marveled at the structure. 

Once the couple arrived at the arena, he let her exit the taxi first, before following her outside of the vehicle. As the taxi left, Dynamo looked and marveled at the structure of the concert. "The way the area is made just looks familiar to me. I don't know why exactly." He thought for a moment, before snapping his fingers in realization. "I've got it! This reminds me of that one time Queen had performed their songs live in front of a giant audience. I think it was also televised around the entire world. I didn't see their concerts, but I have heard of their songs. I even remember my mom telling me about the group. My mom and dad were really big fans of Queen back in the day."

She looked for the conductor as he would have their tickets and he had stated that he would make sure to meet them by the flagpole. She bobbed her head over and around the ponies that were in her line of sight. She finally spotted him and she made her way to him, grabbing Dynamo's hand as she started walking. 

He tilted his head in slight confusion as she was setting her sights on something, or someone. He was caught off guard as she grabbed his hands and started to drag him towards the flagpole, but he managed to regain his footing and began to walk with her. "No need to rush, sweetheart. The concert doesn't start for a few more minutes, so we aren't late." He chuckled with a smile at her enthusiasm. As he started to notice that they were heading towards the conductor, Dynamo smiled as he recalled that they were to get their tickets from said conductor. As the two arrived at the flagpole, Dynamo stayed back and smiled as Kitsune was talking to the conductor. He didn't know much about the pony, but he seemed really nice, in his opinion. As they finished talking, he noticed Kitsune was given the tickets, while the conductor had left to prepare for the concert.

"This is going to be amazing, I hope you like it. I know it's a different type of music that you are used to. But I think you will like it." She turned and made her way over to the express line to hand in the tickets before making her way over to the designated seats, which had a reserved sign on both of them. She smiled as she thought of Mr. Penn.

"I can imagine that it's going to be amazing. I think I'm going to definitely like this. I may like anime songs, but I can enjoy a couple of songs from time to time. It's good to look into other bands and musical genres. I'm really looking forward to this." He smiled as they got in line to get their tickets, before finding their assigned seats. He noticed the seats were reserved as he looked over to the female vixen. "I've got to say. Mr. Penn sounds like another nice pony. Did you know him when you were young, or did you meet him sometime later on when taking up music?"

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

He noticed the seats were reserved as he looked over to the female vixen. "I've got to say. Mr. Penn sounds like another nice pony. Did you know him when you were young, or did you meet him sometime later on when taking up music?"

"We met when I was invited to Canterlot University, I was working with a professor in the music and theater department. He was interviewing me for the position as the sole creature to write all of the pieces they would be using to practice, preform, go to tournaments for the band and orchestra, and musicals to use in the plays and when they traveled. It was a way to get my name out there as a repeatable worker. Mr. Penn was also there to discuss some issues with a few of the pieces that he had received. None of them were really... 'flowing' like he had wanted them to. I guess as a 'test' the professor handed me the sheet music and asked me to 'make it work'. So I sat at the piano and started to play bits here and there, made some changes and then played them through for the professor and Mr. Penn. After I had finished the first piece and looked for their feedback both of them were mouth wide open in shock." She sits back in her chair just imagining their faces again. "It was truly priceless. They were in shock, Mr. Penn came right over, shook my hand, and said, YOU'RE HIRED! I was a bit confused, and Mr. Penn was quick to an explanation. He told me that my interview had been for the University, and that was all fine and great, but he really wanted ME to be his only writer. He knew that I would also be creating pieces for the University and he was okay with that, he would make sure that I had enough time and resources to make it work for both him and the University." She smiled and thought about how lucky she was for him to be there on that day. 

The orchestra was doing their warm ups, and getting everything pitch perfect. She loved the sounds of the instruments when they were fresh and raw. There was just something about it being amazingly out of place, which is what she felt like most of the time. She sat back and listened, she grabbed Dynamo's hand and held it in her lap. She had a slight smile on her face, she was at peace for the moment.

• Brohoof 1

@Stardust*

"We met when I was invited to Canterlot University, I was working with a professor in the music and theater department. He was interviewing me for the position as the sole creature to write all of the pieces they would be using to practice, preform, go to tournaments for the band and orchestra, and musicals to use in the plays and when they traveled. It was a way to get my name out there as a repeatable worker. Mr. Penn was also there to discuss some issues with a few of the pieces that he had received. None of them were really... 'flowing' like he had wanted them to. I guess as a 'test' the professor handed me the sheet music and asked me to 'make it work'. So I sat at the piano and started to play bits here and there, made some changes and then played them through for the professor and Mr. Penn. After I had finished the first piece and looked for their feedback both of them were mouth wide open in shock." She sits back in her chair just imagining their faces again. "It was truly priceless. They were in shock, Mr. Penn came right over, shook my hand, and said, YOU'RE HIRED! I was a bit confused, and Mr. Penn was quick to an explanation. He told me that my interview had been for the University, and that was all fine and great, but he really wanted ME to be his only writer. He knew that I would also be creating pieces for the University and he was okay with that, he would make sure that I had enough time and resources to make it work for both him and the University." She smiled and thought about how lucky she was for him to be there on that day. 

As the couple took their seats, he turned towards her and listened to her story of meeting Mr. Penn. "Oh, I see. So, meeting Mr. Penn and the professor was more recent." He noted as he continued to listen to her explanation. He was utterly surprised of the test she had to take, before chuckling softly as he tried to imagine the shocked looks of Mr. Penn and the professor. "It sounds to me that working on some songs and fixing up some notes was right up your alley. You've got an  ear for music, so it really shows in the songs that you've worked on." He says, before listening intently to the rest of her story. "I guess I would have been confused too if they had just said that I was hired when it's video game related. Although, I'm really happy for you, sweetheart. You found something that can help you in your field of work, you can help teach others and you can get your name out there in the world. It sounds to me that you found a great place to be in that university." He says, feeling proud of Kitsune for how far she's gone in her career.

The orchestra was doing their warm ups, and getting everything pitch perfect. She loved the sounds of the instruments when they were fresh and raw. There was just something about it being amazingly out of place, which is what she felt like most of the time. She sat back and listened, she grabbed Dynamo's hand and held it in her lap. She had a slight smile on her face, she was at peace for the moment.

As the orchestra was practicing their warm ups for the concert, Dynamo watched and listened to how the group was preparing. It was sort of like how he would practice for a tournament by running through combo's for a character. Although, he could hear some notes for songs being played and scales to make sure they were prepared. He blinked in surprise as she took his hand and held his hand in her lap. Dynamo smiled at Kitsune, before sitting back in his char and waited patiently for the concert to begin.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Dynamo Pad

Kitsune’s ears perked up as the orchestra finally finished up their warm up. The crowd hushed as Mr. Penn turned to the audience. He took a quick bow, turned on his heals and quickly tapped his wand on the music stand. 

They began the concert with a Vivaldi piece, titled The Four Seasons. It was a piece that really got the senses flowing. 

As the concert continued Kitsune looked around to the audience, she could see all of the fancy ponies dressed in their very best. They came for the cultural, for the tradition, for the same thing that they always listened to. 

Just as the next piece was ending she had a sense of urgency flow through her body. Nervousness took over, as the audience applauded Mr. Penn turned around on his podium.

“The next piece was written by a very special somepony, who is here in the audience with us. I do hope you enjoy, this among a few other pieces tonight we’re all written by this talented writer.” 

She hopes no one could see her turn a shade of red that she didn’t think possible.

The musicians took their positions as she closed her eyes she heard her song begin to play. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Stardust*

As Mr. Penn turned towards the audience, Dynamo began to listen as the entire crowd began to grow silent. After taking a quick bow, the blue unicorn began to listen to a Vivaldi piece. He had to admit that for music he rarely listened to back in the day, he was impressed. Now he could understand how Kitsune was friends with the conductor. Occasionally, he would glance to Kitsune to see how she was doing. To him, it looked like she was looking around to see who was in the crowd for the concert. He looked around too to see higher ups and fancy ponies all throughout the crowd. He understood that they were in Canterlot, but he was surprised to see so many fancy ponies in the crowd.

As Mr. Penn began to make an announcement regarding the next piece, Dynamo was surprised to hear what he remembered as music from Fairy Tail. He had heard of these songs playing in the anime, but never like this. He placed a hand over his heart as he could feel the emotion, the passion and everything poured into the heart and soul of the song. He looked over to Kitsune once more, who was turning a shade of red. He assumed that she was being shy and nervous, so he placed a calming, comforting hand upon her paw. All the while, giving her a smile of reassurance that her song in the concert was amazing. As the song was reaching the end, he wanted to applaud for the phenomenal performance. At the same time, he chose to wait as he didn't want to seem rude. If nobody clapped, then he would make sure to cheer as loudly as he could to know that he supported in the success of his special someone. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

Kitsune was quietly following along with each and every note. She could see them clearly in her mind like she was writing them all over again. She could feel it coming to a close and her nerves started to really nag at her. She sunk down on her seat a bit. Waiting for what she feared was coming. The sound of silence, she closed her eyes as she heard the last notes being played....then there it was. Silence. So silent in fact she could hear the shuffle of Mr. Penn’s shoes as he spun to face the audience. Then just as Kitsune could feel the tears start to form her ears perked up to the sound of clapping. Slowly at first then it began to pick up a bit. Nothing too out of the realm of polite applause but a bit more vigorous than from a few of the last pieces. She looked to Dynamo and she sat back up in her seat. 

“That, was just the first from out great young writer.” Mr. Penn turned back around and continued the concert. 

-The intermission-

Kitsune stood and told Dynamo she was going to get a drink and asked if he wanted anything. She made her way to the little stand outside of the seating. She could hear whispers of ponies around her. They were talking about HER pieces and how much they loved them. How they were new, but still kept to the integrity of what real music was meant to be. She felt so light that she could almost float away. She got the order and made her way back to her seat for the second half. 

“Dynamo, ponies are actually talking about my music!!” She said in a hushed voice. She was beaming. 

• Brohoof 1

@Stardust*

Kitsune was quietly following along with each and every note. She could see them clearly in her mind like she was writing them all over again. She could feel it coming to a close and her nerves started to really nag at her. She sunk down on her seat a bit. Waiting for what she feared was coming. The sound of silence, she closed her eyes as she heard the last notes being played....then there it was. Silence. So silent in fact she could hear the shuffle of Mr. Penn’s shoes as he spun to face the audience. Then just as Kitsune could feel the tears start to form her ears perked up to the sound of clapping. Slowly at first then it began to pick up a bit. Nothing too out of the realm of polite applause but a bit more vigorous than from a few of the last pieces. She looked to Dynamo and she sat back up in her seat. 

“That, was just the first from out great young writer.” Mr. Penn turned back around and continued the concert. 

As he heard the sound of applause beginning to become present in the crowd, Dynamo smiled as he joined in the round of applause. He noticed slightly that the applause was more vigorous than the previous songs that had been played. It must of been the tone, or way the music had been played, but he wasn't too sure to say. All he know was that he was proud of Kitsune and was happy for the success she had been working really diligently for this event. As he heard what Mr. Penn had said, the gaming unicorn became intrigued as to what other songs Kitsune had worked on for the concert.

-The intermission-

Kitsune stood and told Dynamo she was going to get a drink and asked if he wanted anything. She made her way to the little stand outside of the seating. She could hear whispers of ponies around her. They were talking about HER pieces and how much they loved them. How they were new, but still kept to the integrity of what real music was meant to be. She felt so light that she could almost float away. She got the order and made her way back to her seat for the second half. 

“Dynamo, ponies are actually talking about my music!!” She said in a hushed voice. She was beaming. 

As Kitsune stood up from her seat to go and get a drink, Dynamo nodded as she asked if he wanted a drink, as well. He waited patiently, while listening to some ponies next to him were talking about her music. His smile only grew as they began to say how much they enjoyed the pieces that had been played. He could only hope that Kitsune was hearing the reaction from the audience. As he saw her make her way back to her seat, he chuckled with a smile as he saw that she was beaming with happiness. "I was hearing some of the ponies next to me talk about your music. I'm so, very happy and proud of you, Kity. You've done an amazing job and you earned this. You worked hard for this and the results show. I can't wait to see what songs they play in the second half. Also, thank you for the drink. I really do appreciate it." He smiles as she took the offered drink that she got for him.