Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

SoL 1x1 with Kitsune and Dynamo Pad

Stardust*

@Kitsune*

She nodded in agreement. "The forest is a pretty interesting place as long as you know where you are going. It can get pretty dark and foggy in there and you can get turned around in no time. You should either have a map or someone who can be your guide. That's why almost every pony in Ponyville is scared to go into the forest. There have been many stories that ponies have gone in and never come back out. I have never experienced such a situation, but because it gets foggy some of the ponies think it's haunted or whatever. It's really not that bad." 

Dynamo felt a bead of sweat race down the side of his muzzle. Hearing about the everfree forest sounded scary, but he calmed down from her point of view. He decided to nod understandingly and sigh in relief. "I guess there's something about the forest that ponies don't like about it. It's interesting to see different views on one thing. While you say the ponies here are afraid. You also said that you don't have that much difficulty navigating the forest. I guess growing up in the forest makes it more easy and adaptable at living in such an area. While I would be skeptic and agree with the ponies, I feel as though I should give it a try. Maybe we can go on a hike sometime. I know if we are together, then it shouldn't be difficult or confusing. At least if other ponies don't believe you, you'll have someone that will believe you."

She pauses to think for a moment. "I think my dream would be to publish some of my music, not just in what I do for a living. I get satisfaction out of that, but sometimes I kind of wish that the ponies knew it was me behind the words and the music that just caused them to blubber like a fool, then all of a sudden explode with joy. I love to hear the cheers after a play or performance but sometimes I would like to just be the one to see it first hand. But it probably won't happen too much. I'm too shy to do anything big like that. I could never be on stage like the actors or musicians." She took a deep breath, and let out a sigh. 

Seeing her feel down, Dynamo leaned over and places a comforting hand on her hand. "I think that's a perfect dream. I know exactly how you feel. Whenever I compete in tournaments or I participate in karaoke, I tend to get nervous and freeze up. Sometimes I feel my body going numb from seeing all the ponies watching and listening. While I know it's scary at times, I know you'll be able to do it one day. You seem very capable and I think you're talented. True, I haven't heard you sing, but I have a good feeling about it. I also think I get what you're trying to say. You want to be seen as yourself in the songs and not just words and music. I've been there when it comes to games. I want to win, but I also want to have fun. Ponies just see me as this big deal, but can't see me as just a normal and average unicorn. All I can ever do is to keep being myself, do my best and always be better than yesterday." He smiles, but forgets that his hand was still on hers. He blushes before quickly pulling his hand back. "I-I'm really sorry about that. I just saw that you looked sad and I wanted to help you feel better." He laughs nervously before sighing softly in embarrassment. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

While I would be skeptic and agree with the ponies, I feel as though I should give it a try. Maybe we can go on a hike sometime. I know if we are together, then it shouldn't be difficult or confusing. At least if other ponies don't believe you, you'll have someone that will believe you."

"I think we could probably do that, my sense of smell is a lot sharper than ponies as well, so I can usually smell if things have changed in the area and I can find our way back if anything were to happen." She pointed to her nose and wrinkled it, and chuckled.

He smiles, but forgets that his hand was still on hers. He blushes before quickly pulling his hand back. "I-I'm really sorry about that. I just saw that you looked sad and I wanted to help you feel better." He laughs nervously before sighing softly in embarrassment. 

Kitsune blushed as he pulled his hand away from hers. "It's okay, thank you for the gesture. I just know that there are times when I am really confident and ready to try it. Then there are other times when I just can't do anything else other than just post videos to PonyTube." Her eyes got wide, in realization of what she just said. She has never really told anypony that she has videos on PonyTube before. She knows ponies have seen them because she can see the amount of likes and views, and there was the occasional pony that recognized her in the streets of Manehattan but it never accounted more than just a picture or two and just a quick conversation. She wasn't an Internet sensation but she really hasn't had anyone that she knew on a more personal level that knew she made videos. She wasn't sure if he was going to make a big deal about it or not. She was hoping that things would be much more calm in the small town. Not as many ponies to run into that might have seen the posts.

"Well... why don't we head over to the arcade now. You can show me some of the games that you like to play." She gave a nervous laugh and smile.

• Brohoof 1

@Kitsune*

"I think we could probably do that, my sense of smell is a lot sharper than ponies as well, so I can usually smell if things have changed in the area and I can find our way back if anything were to happen." She pointed to her nose and wrinkled it, and chuckled.

Dynamo couldn't help but chuckle himself. "Awesome! Sounds like this hike will be a lot of fun. An adventure is nice and it'll give us more time to explore. I look forward to it when the time comes."

Kitsune blushed as he pulled his hand away from hers. "It's okay, thank you for the gesture. I just know that there are times when I am really confident and ready to try it. Then there are other times when I just can't do anything else other than just post videos to PonyTube." Her eyes got wide, in realization of what she just said. She has never really told anypony that she has videos on PonyTube before. She knows ponies have seen them because she can see the amount of likes and views, and there was the occasional pony that recognized her in the streets of Manehattan but it never accounted more than just a picture or two and just a quick conversation. She wasn't an Internet sensation but she really hasn't had anyone that she knew on a more personal level that knew she made videos. She wasn't sure if he was going to make a big deal about it or not. She was hoping that things would be much more calm in the small town. Not as many ponies to run into that might have seen the posts.

Dynamo sighed in relief and smiles. "Your welcome and I understand. I can be the same way at times. I always want to say what's on my mind, but I'm afraid of what somepony will say. It's something I have to work on getting past, or I'll never truly be myself." He looks to her with a bit of a surprised look on his muzzle. He wasn't sure if he should ask, but decided to try and look into it a little. "Oh? You make PonyTube videos as well? That's pretty awesome and a cool hobby. I make videos from time to time, but they're mostly video game walkthroughs. What's your channel name? Mine is Kyubiki Tenchu. It's probably a weird name, but it's also my gamer tag when I go into competitions. I also have a few subscribers, so you might not know about me. It's okay though because as long as I can help other gamer's out there, then I'm satisfied. I'm mostly into competing in tournaments to better myself. My dream is to one day be a professional video game player. That and maybe look into making some games in the future."

"Well... why don't we head over to the arcade now. You can show me some of the games that you like to play." She gave a nervous laugh and smile.

"Sounds like a plan to me. I'm curious to see what this arcade has to offer." He grins softly as he stands up out of his chair. By the way, do we wait for somepony to take our plates away? Not only that, but where do we go to pay?" He asks with a perplexed look upon his muzzle. 

@Dynamo Pad

He looks to her with a bit of a surprised look on his muzzle. He wasn't sure if he should ask, but decided to try and look into it a little. "Oh? You make PonyTube videos as well? That's pretty awesome and a cool hobby. I make videos from time to time, but they're mostly video game walk through. What's your channel name?

She was a bit nervous and started to feel her heart race. "It's uhm. Well... it's called, Kitsune's Diary." She gulped hard. Wanting to move on quickly. "Oh, that's a really cool thing that you do, and I think that your dream is a good dream too, I think the idea of creating video games is a pretty awesome." She gave a nervous smile. 

He grins softly as he stands up out of his chair. By the way, do we wait for somepony to take our plates away? Not only that, but where do we go to pay?" He asks with a perplexed look upon his muzzle. 

"Oh, you don't have to worry about it, the bill has been taken care of. That was taken care of before you had even arrived. And we can leave the plates, they have busponies that come around to grab the plates and clean up the tables. I like to just have it tidied up a bit so it isn't as much work for them." As she spoke she started stacking up the plates and putting the water glasses together. "There, now we can go." She stood up and was ready to head in the direction of the arcade.

@Kitsune*

She was a bit nervous and started to feel her heart race. "It's uhm. Well... it's called, Kitsune's Diary." She gulped hard. Wanting to move on quickly. "Oh, that's a really cool thing that you do, and I think that your dream is a good dream too, I think the idea of creating video games is a pretty awesome." She gave a nervous smile. 

Dynamo could only furrow his eyebrows at the name. He couldn't put a finger on it, but he felt as if that name was similar to something. 'Where have I heard that name before? It feels familiar, but I can't honestly remember. I guess it'll come back to me in time.' Noticing the look on her face, he decided to keep it short and simple. "That's an interesting channel name. Seems symbolic and it sounds suiting to you. It's a nice name." He smiles kindly at her words. "Thank you. I've decided that over a year ago and I never looked back. The road is arduous and never ending, but I won't give up. I think we'll both accomplish our dreams one day. Maybe I'll get inspiration while I'm here in Ponyville, as well as traveling."

"Oh, you don't have to worry about it, the bill has been taken care of. That was taken care of before you had even arrived. And we can leave the plates, they have busponies that come around to grab the plates and clean up the tables. I like to just have it tidied up a bit so it isn't as much work for them." As she spoke she started stacking up the plates and putting the water glasses together. "There, now we can go." She stood up and was ready to head in the direction of the arcade.

Dynamo nods as he tries and helps her tidy up the table. "It's good knowing that busponies come around and take the plates. I don't want to seem rude by leaving a mess. You have a nice ethic when it comes to cleaning. I respect that since I can be a bit messy sometimes. I forget to throw out my trash when I'm in my room, but I do get to that eventually. It's a bad habit I'm trying to fix." He chuckles nervously while scratching his cheek with a finger. As the two of them begin to head toward the arcade, he lowers his hand and frowns slightly. "Do you know how much it costed? I want to pay you back. If I'd known, then I would have split the cost. It's really kind of you, but you didn't have to do that." He fishes for his wallet in his pocket while trying to get money out for her.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"Don't worry about it, you can pay for some of the video games at the arcade, and we can call it even. Okay?" She asked as she began walking in that direction. 

She was glad that he didn't really make a big deal about her PonyTube thing. She knows that he might look it up, but she was hoping that it wouldn't happen. There have been very few videos that you can actually see her face, she usually makes them with the music playing with an artistic background and has the lyrics play along. There was one where she was actually singing and recording herself, playing the piano, but she is wearing a beanie and a scarf and her anime shirt to kind of put her a bit more at ease if she could cover up a bit more she felt more comfortable. 

Now that it was all on her mind she was thinking about the music contest that she wanted so desperately to enter. 

She kind of lost herself there for a minute, she was hoping that she wasn't being rude to Dynamo if he had been talking while they were talking. She will do that at times, be so lost in thought that she completely tunes everything else out. 

"I'm sorry, did you say something?" She asked.

• Brohoof 1

@Kitsune*

Dynamo stared at her briefly with a perplexed look upon his muzzle. "Are foxes able to read minds? How did you know what I was going to say next? If so, that's simply amazing." He chuckles and shakes his head. "I'm just kidding, but that sounds like a fair deal." He rested his hands behind his head as they continued to walk.

He couldn't wait until they got to the arcade. He contemplated on what game they could play first. Were there similar games there like the arcade in his hometown had. These were some of the multiple questions that ran through his head. He glanced to the side to look at her. He was thankful he ran into her when he did. He didn't know why, but he felt he could trust her. She was really nice, kind and generous. Not like some of the other ponies that were in his hometown. Hopefully, things will turn out well and they could be friends. He couldn't help but notice that she seemed to have zoned out. He tried calling out to her, but to no avail.

"I'm sorry, did you say something?" She asked.

He yelped out suddenly as he remembered he was staring at her briefly. He shook his head vigorously while sporting a blush upon his cheeks. "Uh...n-no, not at all. I was calling out to you because you seemed to have spaced out. I was concerned and was hoping you were okay. Also...I wanted to say thank you." 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

He yelped out suddenly as he remembered he was staring at her briefly. He shook his head vigorously while sporting a blush upon his cheeks. "Uh...n-no, not at all. I was calling out to you because you seemed to have spaced out. I was concerned and was hoping you were okay. Also...I wanted to say thank you." 

"Oh, don't mention it, it was the least I could do for someone new to town. I believe in Karma and if I have the opportunity to do something nice for somepony then I feel like good things are in my future. I found out that when I was in Manehattan, I had gone there with a bitter heart having had to deal with all of the hate around here. But when I got there I had no idea where I was going let alone where my apartment was A pony noticed I was having difficulty and offered to take me to dinner and help me find my place. He was the first pony I met there that didn't see me as a fox, but just as another creature. He and I are still close. He is planning on a visit here soon, I'm kind of excited, that's why I was out shopping for so many things." She smiled as she thought about it. 

"So you see, if I can do what he did for me and pay it forward, who knows how many ponies you can become friends with." She had paused slightly seeing as they were only a few steps away from the arcade. She noticed that some ponies were about to open the door and didn't want to be in the way of the swinging door. Once they pushed it open she grabbed the side of it and held it open for Dynamo to enter. 

• Brohoof 1

@Kitsune*

"Oh, don't mention it, it was the least I could do for someone new to town. I believe in Karma and if I have the opportunity to do something nice for somepony then I feel like good things are in my future. I found out that when I was in Manehattan, I had gone there with a bitter heart having had to deal with all of the hate around here. But when I got there I had no idea where I was going let alone where my apartment was A pony noticed I was having difficulty and offered to take me to dinner and help me find my place. He was the first pony I met there that didn't see me as a fox, but just as another creature. He and I are still close. He is planning on a visit here soon, I'm kind of excited, that's why I was out shopping for so many things." She smiled as she thought about it. 

Dynamo smiles and nods, but tried his best to hide a frown. He didn't understand why he was feeling this way. 'Why am I acting like this? We aren't dating in the first place. It's not my place to tell her who she can hang out with. I should be happy for her.' He decided to push that feeling aside for the time being. "I'm glad someone else believes in karma. I like the feeling of doing something nice will have something good for you in the future. I had my fair share of bullies back then, but I always hoped that karma would come back to haunt them. I know that may sound mean spirited, but I always try to do the right thing. You and this pony also sound pretty close. Was it a pony your age? Now it makes sense on why you were out shopping. I guess you're pretty psyched to meet him again."

"So you see, if I can do what he did for me and pay it forward, who knows how many ponies you can become friends with." She had paused slightly seeing as they were only a few steps away from the arcade. She noticed that some ponies were about to open the door and didn't want to be in the way of the swinging door. Once they pushed it open she grabbed the side of it and held it open for Dynamo to enter. 

Dynamo nods while turning his attention towards the ground. "I hope that we could become friends someday." He mumbles softly to himself. He looks up just in time to notice her holding the door open. "Thank you, m'lady." He does a mock bow before stepping inside the arcade. He chuckles while holding the door open for her to step on by. Once she walked through the door, he looked around at games and prizes. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. He lets out the breath while opening his eyes and grins. "Even if it's a different arcade, it warms my heart to be in my element." He turns his attention to her. "I was thinking we should head to the front to see the pony running the place. Just to let him know that I've arrived and see where I'll go from here. Want to find some games to play after that?" He says while starting to make his way to the prize counter.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

You and this pony also sound pretty close. Was it a pony your age? Now it makes sense on why you were out shopping. I guess you're pretty psyched to meet him again."

She noticed his slight frown. "He is a couple years older than I am. He is basically the older brother that I have always wanted." She smiles. 

"Thank you, m'lady." He does a mock bow before stepping inside the arcade. He chuckles while holding the door open for her to step on by. Once she walked through the door, he looked around at games and prizes. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. He lets out the breath while opening his eyes and grins. "Even if it's a different arcade, it warms my heart to be in my element." He turns his attention to her. "I was thinking we should head to the front to see the pony running the place. Just to let him know that I've arrived and see where I'll go from here. Want to find some games to play after that?" He says while starting to make his way to the prize counter.

Kitsune walks past him through the doorway, and walks with him in the direction of the prize table. "Okay, that sounds good, I will go check out some of the things that they have around here." She begins to walk towards the noise and lights of the games. She sees chance games, luck games, gambling type games, and just down right waste your money games. She then sees something that she likes quite well. It was a music game. It was the kind that you "Play" the guitar and try to keep up with the speed of the song. She made her way over and waited patiently for Dynamo to join her.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Kitsune*

She noticed his slight frown. "He is a couple years older than I am. He is basically the older brother that I have always wanted." She smiles. 

His eyes widen in shock. Did she notice his frown and try to answer his thoughts. He shook his head and just accepted the answer. "It's nice to have friends like that. I've learned that sometimes good friends can be like family. With him visiting soon, I can tell you two keep in touch. Glad to know you've got somepony out there who looks out for you." 

Kitsune walks past him through the doorway, and walks with him in the direction of the prize table. "Okay, that sounds good, I will go check out some of the things that they have around here." She begins to walk towards the noise and lights of the games. She sees chance games, luck games, gambling type games, and just down right waste your money games. She then sees something that she likes quite well. It was a music game. It was the kind that you "Play" the guitar and try to keep up with the speed of the song. She made her way over and waited patiently for Dynamo to join her.

Dynamo nods while waving to her. "I'll see you in a little bit." He calls over him before reaching the prize counter. It's there that he meets the owner of the show. Button Prompt, a lavender earth pony, was busy keeping the arcade in order. After reaching him and discussing things over, he turned and tried to find Kitsune. It's then that he finds her waiting patiently for him at a music game. Once he made it, he smiles and gives her the peace sign. "I talked to Button Prompt, who told me has no relations to some pony named Button Mash. Anyway, I told him about Pinball Wizard and he knew I was going to show up today. I got the job here and I'll be in some training soon. Afterwards, I might soon be the owner of the arcade here, but I can't jump to conclusions yet." He looks up to inspect the machine and grins. "I see you picked Guitar Hero. This is a pretty good music game and has a lot of good songs. Do you have any idea on how to play?" He asks while raising an eyebrow in curiosity. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"I see you picked Guitar Hero. This is a pretty good music game and has a lot of good songs. Do you have any idea on how to play?" He asks while raising an eyebrow in curiosity.

"Well, I watched a few ponies just play and it doesn't look too hard. I think I can do this." She picked up a guitar and threw the strap over her head. She was ready for the challenge. 

She waited for Dynamo to put a bit into the machine and she was ready to put it on the hardest setting. 

As the game started the song began to play, it was one of Kitsune's favorite songs. She started to tap her paw to the beat and she stuck her tongue out of the corner of her mouth, as she felt things were starting to get serious. She was ready to start playing her little heart out.

• Brohoof 1

@Kitsune*

"Well, I watched a few ponies just play and it doesn't look too hard. I think I can do this." She picked up a guitar and threw the strap over her head. She was ready for the challenge. 

"It's not truly that difficult. It's all about muscle memory and quick timing on the buttons. Sometimes it's a bit difficult to me because my pinkie can't some of the buttons." He chuckles sadly with an embarrassed grin.

He gets out a couple of bits and places them in the game machine. He stands back and watches as she begins to start playing her song. He couldn't help but chuckle at her sticking her tongue out. It looked as if she was really getting into the game and song. He smiles as he too could lose himself to the game once he gets serious.

As the song came to a close, he slowly clapped his hands in amazement. "That was pretty good, Kitsune. You seem to have a knack for playing video games. Have you played games before? If not, are you sure you haven't? I don't have keen eye when it comes to certain things, but that wasn't half bad. Looks as though you've gotten the hang of it." He says as he takes the controller, as it was his turn to pick a song for him to play.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

As the song came to a close, he slowly clapped his hands in amazement. "That was pretty good, Kitsune. You seem to have a knack for playing video games. Have you played games before? If not, are you sure you haven't? I don't have keen eye when it comes to certain things, but that wasn't half bad. Looks as though you've gotten the hang of it." He says as he takes the controller, as it was his turn to pick a song for him to play.

Kitsune was almost out of breath as the song came to an end. She was laughing and starting to take the strap off. "Haha, no, this is my first time playing! Maybe is my music background but that was a blast!"

She hands him the guitar and stands back to watch him take a turn. 

• Brohoof 1

@Kitsune*

Kitsune was almost out of breath as the song came to an end. She was laughing and starting to take the strap off. "Haha, no, this is my first time playing! Maybe is my music background but that was a blast!"

Dynamo whistles and chuckles along with her. "I'm still very impressed. Amazing job for somepony who just started playing. It took me a couple of months to get to higher difficulties, but you just mastered it. Very well done."

He takes the controller and puts the strap around his neck. He looks through the list of songs to find something to play. He grins as he found one of his favorite songs. Once he selected the song, he got into position.

As the song began to play, Dynamo was tapping his foot while hitting the notes. He smiles as he felt himself getting into the rhythm of the song. He then began to dance a bit while trying to keep up with the notes. Once he reached the end of the song. He jumped into the air while throwing a fist into the air as well. "Woo! I can't get enough of that song. I was a little rusty, but I still love me some Guitar Hero." He says while taking the strap off over his neck. He hands her back the controller while looking at the other available controller. "It's your turn to pick a song. Unless you're up for a duet, then I'm game for it. Ladies first, so it's your pick. Any particular song in particular that you want to play?" He asks while giving her a kind smile.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"It's your turn to pick a song. Unless you're up for a duet, then I'm game for it. Ladies first, so it's your pick. Any particular song in particular that you want to play?" He asks while giving her a kind smile.

Kitsune smiled and was more than ready to pick the next song. "Okay, here we go, this is my favorite song. Are you ready for this? I kinda feel like I may crush you in this!!" She was pumped and hopping from one foot to the other ready to get things going. As the bits slipped into the machine she was right on top of the selection. 

She began the song and took off hitting each note as if she had wrote the song herself. She was getting so into it she lost herself and slowly began singing along to the song. She was starting to attract a few of the other ponies that were close to the game. She didn't even notice with the adrenaline that was coursing through her veins. Her score was climbing and her voice started to become louder and louder, of course within reason and soon some of the other ponies started cheering. She didn't even hear them she was so focused and engulfed in the song. There was nothing anypony could do at this point she was going to finish strong and with the high score for this song! 

She was getting to the end of the song and she was just a few notes away from a perfect score. Her whole body was moving with the song, this experience was so new to her she had no idea how to stop except to get to the end of the song. As she played the last note she heard an eruption of cheers and clapping from all around her. She figured that Dynamo Pad had also gotten a perfect score and that the both of them had the high scores. So she decided to clap and cheer for Dynamo also, "What was your score?! Did we both get a perfect score? Why are all the ponies standing around here?" She started to look around and she was becoming very uncomfortable. There was one pony especially that she recalled from a particularly hard time from her childhood. She was hoping that he would just walk away. She looked away, asking Dynamo if they could leave now. "Hey, do you think we could take off now? Please...." She had urgency in her voice and eyes. 

(edited)

@Kitsune*

Kitsune smiled and was more than ready to pick the next song. "Okay, here we go, this is my favorite song. Are you ready for this? I kinda feel like I may crush you in this!!" She was pumped and hopping from one foot to the other ready to get things going. As the bits slipped into the machine she was right on top of the selection. 

As Dynamo looked at the song, his jaw felt like it had dropped to the floor in shock. He turns to her in surprise and couldn't help but smile. "You know of this song? It's another favorite and it fit well with the anime, Naruto Shippuden. It seems we have a lot more in common than we thought." He chuckles while the bits were put into the machine. Dynamo raises his eyebrows slightly while giving her a playful smirk. "Oh, I'm ready. I won't let you score higher than me, my friend." He turned his head from side to side to crack his neck in anticipation. He took a deep breath to calm his nerves and was ready with a confident grin.

As the song played, he hit each note with precision and had fun. He felt as if he was playing an actual guitar. He almost noticed a bunch of ponies gathering around them, but he paid more attention to the game. His ears perked as he began to hear her sing. He never heard a voice that was so beautiful before. He was impressed she sang the lyrics so fluently. 'Her voice. I can sing some songs like that, but it's like she's sung them all her life. It also sounds very familiar, but I still can't put my finger on it.' He thought while he continues to play. He rocked out the song all the way to the end. He punched a fist high into the air and felt hyper from all the adrenaline. He looks to her with a grin, but frowns slightly in concern. "That was amazing! I think we both were able to get a perfect score. The points look practically identical. I honestly didn't notice the crowd to begin with. I think it was because you were singing the lyrics to the song out loud." He could hear the fear in her voice and nods in understanding. "Okay. We can come back her another time. It's starting to get late anyway. Let's go and get home." He says while unconsciously taking her hand into his own. He walked a little faster to help her get out of the arcade.

That's when the stallion in the crowed decided to step away from the other ponies. "Well look at what we have here? What's someone like you doing in here to begin with, little Kitty?" The stallion asked with a smug look upon his muzzle.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

He could hear the fear in her voice and nods in understanding. "Okay. We can come back her another time. It's starting to get late anyway. Let's go and get home." He says while unconsciously taking her hand into his own. He walked a little faster to help her get out of the arcade.

She was trying to keep her eyes down, she didn't want to make a fuss but she was very nervous. She took Dynamo's hand and began head toward the door. 

That's when the stallion in the crowed decided to step away from the other ponies. "Well look at what we have here? What's someone like you doing in here to begin with, little Kitty?" The stallion asked with a smug look upon his muzzle.

She froze, her hand dropped out of Dynamo's, tears began to flow and drip to the ground. She was clenching her jaw trying so hard to remain calm. She began shaking from her rage and pain. Hearing that voice was like nails on a chalkboard. 

"...Cheep Shot..." She says through her teeth just loud enough for Dynamo to hear. 

• Brohoof 1

@Kitsune*

She froze, her hand dropped out of Dynamo's, tears began to flow and drip to the ground. She was clenching her jaw trying so hard to remain calm. She began shaking from her rage and pain. Hearing that voice was like nails on a chalkboard. 

Dynamo became concerned as she felt her hand dropped out of his. He looks to her, but gasps silently as tears began to flow down her face. "Kitsune? Hey. It's okay. I'm right here. Stay with me, okay?" He says while gently placing his hands upon her shoulders.

"...Cheep Shot..." She says through her teeth just loud enough for Dynamo to hear. 

Dynamo's ears perked at her clenched whisper. "Cheap Shot?" He could only repeat as he looked at the stallion from across the room. The now named stallion could only smirk and chuckle in amusement. "It seems you really do remember me. What are you even doing here to begin with? Last I checked, you and your family of foxes all ran away from here and never looked back. Did the little vixen decide to show her face again? Who's this with you? You found yourself a boyfriend while you were away? A pony at that, no less." He shook his head in disgust. "For shame, little Kitty. What? Another fox isn't good enough, so you had to go with a pony? You must have been very desperate." Hearing this stallion's voice irked Dynamo. "Now you wait a minute. She has every right to be with whoever she wants. Why don't you take a chill pill and leave her alone. I don't know what you did, but you should knock it off." 

Hearing this made Cheap turn his attention to his attention towards Dynamo. "Shut your mouth, you mongrel. I wasn't asking for your opinion, but I was more asking for hers. Now go on and tell us why you are here to begin with? Tricking ponies by being nice, so that later you can eat them up?" He says with a sly grin upon his muzzle. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

Dynamo became concerned as she felt her hand dropped out of his. He looks to her, but gasps silently as tears began to flow down her face. "Kitsune? Hey. It's okay. I'm right here. Stay with me, okay?" He says while gently placing his hands upon her shoulders.

Even though Kitsune knew who was placing a hand on her shoulder she jumped in fright. Tears now streaming down her cheeks. 

Hearing this made Cheap turn his attention to his attention towards Dynamo. "Shut your mouth, you mongrel. I wasn't asking for your opinion, but I was more asking for hers. Now go on and tell us why you are here to begin with? Tricking ponies by being nice, so that later you can eat them up?" He says with a sly grin upon his muzzle. 

"How dare you..."She said in a light whisper. She raised her arm to wipe away her tears. She looked up and once again, "How dare you...." She said with a bit more force. Her hands became tight fists. She turned her gaze directly at Cheap Shot, "How Dare YOU!" She shouted at him. She was shaking more than before, pure rage filled her body, she recalled the many times that she had encountered him in town. Taunting her because she was different. Pulling her tail and throwing rocks at her telling her to get out of their town. Telling all the other little ponies that she was going to eat them if they got too close. That the only reason her parents were even here was because no pony else would allow them in their towns. That's why they lived in the Everfree Forest, because they were monsters, freaks, that the only good fox was a dead fox. 

She didn't think that she would have had to deal with him at all, let alone so early in her return back to Ponyville. She had figured he had moved away from Ponyville She hadn't prepared for this encounter. She thought she would have had a bit more time to plan out what she was going to do. Now she was having to do it on the fly. She was prepared for a hate filled speech that would tear him apart and make him feel so low that he wouldn't be able to even look at another pony in the town. She was ready to tell everypony at the top of her lungs that she hated him and that he was the most arrogant, hateful, spiteful, disgusting excuse of a pony that anypony could see. 

Then it hit her.... Her eyes grew wide....

• Brohoof 1

@Kitsune*

Even though Kitsune knew who was placing a hand on her shoulder she jumped in fright. Tears now streaming down her cheeks. 

Dynamo felt slightly hurt from her reaction, but couldn't blame her. She was upset and wasn't in the right state of mind. He knew he had to tread around this situation carefully, or things could become dire pretty fast.

Cheap's eyes widened a bit in shock before furrowing his eyebrows at her. "How dare I? How dare YOU! You are not a pony and thus not fit to live in this town! You are a freak of nature who should have lived with her own kind, but you and your little bright ideas.  This is why I was the only sane pony to do something. I made sure to make you as miserable as possible, so you would leave and never come back. However, fate works in funny ways, huh?" Seeing the shocked expression upon her muzzle caused him to grins widely. "I see you finally figured it out, Miss Kitsune's Diary? Yes. I know all about your channel. I've kept a tab on you since you left Ponyville. That voice of yours is unforgettable. I was some of the negative comments you saw. Made you wonder if you were ever good enough to continue. I would have shut your channel down, but where's the fun in that. Seems like you haven't told your little boyfriend over there anything, huh?" He turns his attention back to Dynamo. "Foxes are known to be mischievous, so she may have fooled you from the start. She has a channel where she sings all that's from her soul. I could tell it was you the moment I heard you singing moments ago.  Though, this is just to make others feel sorry for her. She's moody, lame and annoying.  I can't even believe PonyTube allows your kind to post videos. Her singing is atrocious and she doesn't deserve the spotlight. She's a freak and a monster who eats other ponies and animals. I even bet you ate your pet chickens over the years. Who could ever love a monster like you?" He finishes and chuckles loudly at the broken fox's spirit.

Dynamo couldn't believe his ears at what he was hearing. He knelt down and tried to shake Kitsune's shoulder. Only to discover that she wouldn't respond. "Kitsune? Please snap out of it. Pleas, this isn't funny. Don't listen to him. He's not worth it!" Cheap Shot could only shake his head in disappointment. "Am I really not worth it? Then why isn't she standing up for herself. She knew her place the moment I sent her away. Why do you waste your time on trash like her, huh?" He asks while expecting a pathetic excuse from the blue stallion. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

Dynamo couldn't believe his ears at what he was hearing. He knelt down and tried to shake Kitsune's shoulder. Only to discover that she wouldn't respond. "Kitsune? Please snap out of it. Pleas, this isn't funny. Don't listen to him. He's not worth it!" Cheap Shot could only shake his head in disappointment. "Am I really not worth it? Then why isn't she standing up for herself. She knew her place the moment I sent her away. Why do you waste your time on trash like her, huh?" He asks while expecting a pathetic excuse from the blue stallion. 

Then it hit her... Her eyes grew wide.... 

She took a deep shaky breath in and as she pressed the air out of her lungs her body began to stabilize. She raised her hands to her face and wiped away the tears once more. She looked into Dynamo's eyes, and gave a warm smile and gently placed a hand on his cheek. "Thank you." 

She turned her attention back to Cheap Shot who was sitting there smug as all get out. Thinking that he had crushed her entire being. She was about to prove him wrong. She was about to make the entire town know just what she was going to do to him. She was going to knock him off of his high horse. 

She walks up to him stands firm and reaches out her hand. 

"I forgive you..." 

She stood there waiting for his response.  

• Brohoof 1

@Kitsune*

She took a deep shaky breath in and as she pressed the air out of her lungs her body began to stabilize. She raised her hands to her face and wiped away the tears once more. She looked into Dynamo's eyes, and gave a warm smile and gently placed a hand on his cheek. "Thank you." 

Dynamo smiles as he was able to get through to her after all. He blushes slightly as he felt her hand being places upon his cheek. He smiles and nods while placing his hand upon hers. "You're welcome."

She turned her attention back to Cheap Shot who was sitting there smug as all get out. Thinking that he had crushed her entire being. She was about to prove him wrong. She was about to make the entire town know just what she was going to do to him. She was going to knock him off of his high horse. 

She walks up to him stands firm and reaches out her hand

"I forgive you..." 

She stood there waiting for his response.  

Cheap's smirk turned into a perplexed frown. Here he was, against the fox he hated and she was forgiving him? He couldn't make heads or tails on the whole thing. He grit his teeth and slaps her hands away while pushing her back to the ground. "Don't you dare touch me with your filthy hands. I don't care that you forgive me and I don't want your forgiveness. A pony's forgiveness I can understand, but you? Never in a million years. You're a monster and nothing but a freak. Just get out of here and stay out of every ponies lives!" He shouted so loudly that it echoed all over the arcade.

Dynamo, having enough of all this, stood up defiantly. He helped Kitsune to stand and made sure that she wasn't hurt. He then took a few steps forward and looked at Cheap directly in the eyes. "I don't know what you're problem is, or what she ever did to deserve your treatment, but you don't ever hurt my friend like that." Cheap's jaw dropped slightly from that little declaration. "F-Friend? You're telling me that you consider that little monster to be your friend? You could have anyone else here or in town to be your friend. Yet you decide to go with her. Tell me why?" Dynamo took a deep breath while trying not to clench his fist in anger. "It's because she helped me out a lot today. She was the first individual to show me kindness. She accepted me for who I am and not what I am. I, in turn, did the same thing. Not because I had to, but because I wanted to. She's a really cool, nice and kind fox. I don't care that she's a fox. I value friendships from other creatures and pony races. I truly value her like a true friend would." His facial features grew dark with anger as he couldn't stand this pony.

"I've seriously have had enough out of you. I've been bullied for years and had to put up with it. Nopony was there at times to help, but I won't stand by and watch you get away with this. All she is trying to do is be nice and forgive you, but you don't seem to care at all. You can mock me, hurt me and treat me badly. However, if you put my friends down, then I will never forgive you. So, I'm going to make you a little deal. We'll play one game in this arcade. If I win, then I want you to leave her alone and to never come back her ever again." Cheap Shot looked at the blue stallion as if he had grown a second head. "That's it? You're not going to fight me?" Dynamo closed his eyes and shook his head. "My old teacher once told me this saying. Solve a problem through games and not your fists." Cheap laughed joyfully and sighs. "That must be some lousy teacher if you follow that advice. Very well, then. If I win, then you have to stay away from her. I can keep messing with her and you can't do a thing about it? Deal?" He says while offering his hand to Dynamo. The blue unicorn scoffed at Cheap while smacking his hand away.

"Go over to the Guitar Hero machine and wait for me. I'll be right there." Cheap shrugged his shoulders as he followed orders. Dynamo turned around and made his way back to Kitsune. He could see the fear and shock on her face, but he knew this was the only way. "I'm really sorry, Kitsune. I can't just stand and watch him make you feel terrible. I've been there before and I had to learn to stand up for myself. I'm here to protect my friends and to me, you're my friend." He gently places a hand on her shoulder, while using his other hand to lift her chin, so their eyes could meet. "Kitsune? I know we just met today and all, but...do you trust me?"

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

Cheap's smirk turned into a perplexed frown. Here he was, against the fox he hated and she was forgiving him? He couldn't make heads or tails on the whole thing. He grit his teeth and slaps her hands away while pushing her back to the ground. "Don't you dare touch me with your filthy hands. I don't care that you forgive me and I don't want your forgiveness. A pony's forgiveness I can understand, but you? Never in a million years. You're a monster and nothing but a freak. Just get out of here and stay out of every ponies lives!" He shouted so loudly that it echoed all over the arcade.

She fell to the ground with a thud, staring up at him she was stunned. She felt Dynamo reach for her to help her to her feet. She stood there in silence watching what was unfolding right in front of her. She figured with Cheap Shots temper that punches would start flying, and was truly surprised when he agreed to a game off. She did know that he would never turn down a challenge, but he would always try to cheat. Which is usually how he would win and cheat all of the other ponies out of their stuff. She was a bit nervous, she didn't quite know how good Dynamo was and she was just hoping that Cheap Shot wouldn't try to take a shot at him and actually play fair. 

m really sorry, Kitsune. I can't just stand and watch him make you feel terrible. I've been there before and I had to learn to stand up for myself. I'm here to protect my friends and to me, you're my friend." He gently places a hand on her shoulder, while using his other hand to lift her chin, so their eyes could meet. "Kitsune? I know we just met today and all, but...do you trust me?"

As she heard Dynamo speak those words her ears twitched, she hardly knew this pony, yet he was trying to help her. Trying to help her with someone who she never thought she would have had to deal with again. She didn't really know what to say other that, "Please be careful, Cheap Shot is known for cheating. Keep an eye out." She gave him a warm smile and a quick hug as she whispered in his ear, "Thank you, truly." She let go and gave him a thumbs up. "I'll be here, okay?" 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Kitsune*

As she heard Dynamo speak those words her ears twitched, she hardly knew this pony, yet he was trying to help her. Trying to help her with someone who she never thought she would have had to deal with again. She didn't really know what to say other that, "Please be careful, Cheap Shot is known for cheating. Keep an eye out." She gave him a warm smile and a quick hug as she whispered in his ear, "Thank you, truly." She let go and gave him a thumbs up. "I'll be here, okay?" 

Dynamo looked to her and nodded and the helpful information. "Thank you for letting me know. I'll make sure he doesn't cheat. With all these ponies here, he has no choice but to play fair. Risk he ruins his reputation." He blushed as he was caught off guard from the quick hug. He smiles softly and returns the hug. He pulls back from the hug and walks over to the game console, but not before returning the thumbs up. "You're welcome and it's no problem. I promise he won't ever bother you again once this is over."

As Dynamo reached the Guitar Hero machine, Cheap Shot yawned and pretended to gag. "Ugh. If you two are done with your lovey dovey nonsense, then we can get started." Dynamo shook his head and rolled his eyes at the comment. He chose to ignore it and let his gaming do the talking. "Last chance to back out of this now. You can apologize and we can move on from this." While putting the guitar strap around his neck, the maroon earth pony sneered at Dynamo. "Never! I won't allow her kind here ever again. Once I'm done, I'll make her parents leave and then mess with her like I did many years ago." Dynamo closes his eyes before reopening them with a look of determination. "Very well, then. You've made your choice. Don't say I didn't warn you. I'll make sure you don't hurt my friends or disrespect my old master's teachings." With that, Dynamo placed the guitar strap over his neck and got into position. He made sure to stay a few feet away, so cheating wouldn't be involved. He looked through the song list and found the perfect song for them to play.

Dynamo made sure to set it at the maximum difficulty before hitting the start button. He took a deep breath and the game began. The notes were approaching fast, but both players seemed to have been in a deadlock. As the song started to pick up pace, Dynamo's horn glowed and his magic sparked the controller. His magic took control of the strum, while his hands took control of the color button controls. Dynamo's eyes were focused that it looked as if he didn't blink. Cheap Shot was struggling as a bead of sweat trickled down the side of his face. He couldn't understand how he was losing to the blue unicorn. He tried to get close to Dynamo and whack him with the guitar controller. Dynamo winced as he felt the controller hit his shoulder. This caused him to mess up some notes, but he kept on playing the game. This frustrated Cheap Shot to no end as he couldn't keep up with Dynamo. Cheap decided to try his best and hoped that the goddess of victory was smiling upon him. As they were reaching the end of the song, Dynamo smiled happily and was dancing in place for a bit. He missed a few notes throughout the song, but made sure every note counted. He didn't want to forget the most important thing when it came to games. He wanted to win, but he wanted to have fun as well. As the song finished, the blue unicorn looked up at the score to see who won. It turned out that Dynamo scored a 95% while Cheap Shot scored a 72%. Seeing the difference in point, it was declared that Dynamo had won the match. He grin and cheered as he defeated his opponent.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1