Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

OOC: The Crosswood Tavern {Open/Friendly/Social}

Quinch

(edited)

IC Thread:

For a while now, I've been thinking of starting a casual, location-based thread shamelessly ripping off heavily influenced by Callahan's from Spider Robinson's collection of stories. For those unfamiliar with it {and diving straight into the adapted version of it}, the basic premise is of a seemingly ordinary bar oft visited by individuals of, shall we say, varying ordinarity. A place where everyone is accepted, whoever or whatever they might be, and may bring their troubles with them, and hopefully leave with a few less. A place where puns flow as readily as the drinks and strange stories are told as often as they take place.

The Rules Of The Thread:

• Absolutely no violence - this is a hard rule, and any posts to the contrary will be godmodded right out of the thread, and I may even ask a moderator to remove the offending post {it's up to them whether or not to do so, though}. You may PM me for permission, but unless there's a hell of a story it's going to facilitate, it's highly unlikely I'd give it.
  • While the original Callahan's stories are pretty casual about, shall we say, physical affection, let's avoid any explicitly sexual content. Implying stuff is all cool, but this is a thread for all ages.
  • What happens at Crosswood's doesn't have to stay at Crosswood's - if anyone wants to make a spinoff thread, go to town - we'll be looking forward to hearing about it afterwards.
  • As much as I am a fan of princess Luna, the Night Will Not Actually Last Forever - after a while {in-character time, that is}, the bar will close and reopen the next evening. If popular opinion wills it, after a while we may even timeskip a couple of weeks or months.
  • You can be a newcomer or an old-time regular - if you want to be the latter, PM me and we'll go over the backstory. If you're the former, we'll see how well I can manage playing multiple characters.
  • Although it's implied by the Everfree Forest forum rules, just to be clear - non-canon species and generally oddball characters aren't just allowed, they're encouraged!

The Rules Of The Bar:

• Shared pain is lessened. Shared joy is increased.
  • Puns are encouraged only because because they can't be made mandatory.
  • While people may often open up about their troubles, unlike dancing, prying is forbidden. If someone is caught prying, they will often have a close encounter with a blackjack and ejected into the parking lot. They are more welcome to come back in, though - Crosswood keeps plenty of Aspirin in the first aid box under the bar.
  • Most days there is a Contest - the tallest tale, puzzle or riddle winner or worst pun of the evening drinks free. Not the first day of the thread, really, I can only handle so much {and lemme tell you, the much ain't much. I am open to suggestions, even!}
  • If a person wants to share something with the rest of the bar, be it their troubles or their thoughts, it's traditional to throw their glass into the fireplace - it's curved so the glass doesn't fly as much. After that, they have the floor, and everyone's attention.

If you have any questions, ask away! If you want to, you can jump right into the IC thread, but I'd really appreciate if you give me a heads-up first so I know if there's anything special I should expect. That said, you don't need my permission before you start posting - if I get distracted with RL stuff, it would be discourteous of me to keep you waiting.

Have fun!

Edited by Quinch
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/07/2017 at 6:51 PM, Quinch said:

Oh hey! Yes please! And I'll get to hammering out the IC thread.

Hello, my name is Carrick Edwin Reynolds. I would love to join your Roleplay and was wondering if I could join. My OC link is below.

I am interested! 
A link to my character below. You'll have to disregard the many html commands in it. It seems they need to do a little work on the addition of new characters in the database, as many of the commands aren't working :0

Spoiler

I'll get into it after a few replies, if that's alright!

(edited)

Aaaaand OP has been updated, everyone!

@Stormence, that's cool, hop on in whenever you feel comfortable.

And now I need to pass right the hell out. Gnite everypony!

Edited by Quinch

On 2017-07-06 at 3:34 PM, Blood Moon said:

Hi there! Could I possibly join this RP? Character link is below!

You most definitely can!~

Also, added another thread "rule", for clarification.

So maybe Techno should join them to joke around!

So basically Techno got board in his lab so he decided to blend in with the ponies at the bar for the next few weeks to satisfy himself with venting out jokes. So Techno is obviously a newcomer and he has a lot of jokes stocked up in him that he just wants to vent out! :)  

I'm now playing as a character who's drunk, and a character who loves everything the opposite of a tavern. This should be fun. :yay:

On 6/7/2017 at 0:04 AM, Quinch said:

Absolutely no violence - this is a hard rule, and any posts to the contrary will be godmodded right out of the thread, and I may even ask a moderator to remove the offending post {it's up to them whether or not to do so, though}. You may PM me for permission, but unless there's a hell of a story it's going to facilitate, it's highly unlikely I'd give it.

Does this include things that won't be followed by any gore, like, say, a slap? 

On 7/8/2017 at 8:02 AM, Techno Universal said:

So maybe Techno should join them to joke around!

So basically Techno got board in his lab so he decided to blend in with the ponies at the bar for the next few weeks to satisfy himself with venting out jokes. So Techno is obviously a newcomer and he has a lot of jokes stocked up in him that he just wants to vent out! :)  

Sounds like a plan!

3 hours ago, Silver Note said:

Does this include things that won't be followed by any gore, like, say, a slap? 

Let's go with a "yes". Crosswood's patrons, especially the regulars, are a pretty tight bunch, so while she might land a hit on someone, she would be quickly overwhelmed and ejected - permanently.

• Brohoof 1

50 minutes ago, Quinch said:

Sounds like a plan!

Let's go with a "yes". Crosswood's patrons, especially the regulars, are a pretty tight bunch, so while she might land a hit on someone, she would be quickly overwhelmed and ejected - permanently.

So can I get Techno started in the RP in a moment? :)

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Techno Universal said:

So can I get Techno started in the RP in a moment? :)

Yep, go right ahead! You don't have to beeline for Crosswood either if you don't want to - looks like we have quite a few other players in the room too!

• Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, Quinch said:

Yep, go right ahead! You don't have to beeline for Crosswood either if you don't want to - looks like we have quite a few other players in the room too!

And here goes Techno with his silly jokes! :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2017 at 10:04 PM, Quinch said:

IC Thread:

For a while now, I've been thinking of starting a casual, location-based thread shamelessly ripping off heavily influenced by Callahan's from Spider Robinson's collection of stories. For those unfamiliar with it {and diving straight into the adapted version of it}, the basic premise is of a seemingly ordinary bar oft visited by individuals of, shall we say, varying ordinarity. A place where everyone is accepted, whoever or whatever they might be, and may bring their troubles with them, and hopefully leave with a few less. A place where puns flow as readily as the drinks and strange stories are told as often as they take place.

The Rules Of The Thread:

• Absolutely no violence - this is a hard rule, and any posts to the contrary will be godmodded right out of the thread, and I may even ask a moderator to remove the offending post {it's up to them whether or not to do so, though}. You may PM me for permission, but unless there's a hell of a story it's going to facilitate, it's highly unlikely I'd give it.
  • While the original Callahan's stories are pretty casual about, shall we say, physical affection, let's avoid any explicitly sexual content. Implying stuff is all cool, but this is a thread for all ages.
  • What happens at Crosswood's doesn't have to stay at Crosswood's - if anyone wants to make a spinoff thread, go to town - we'll be looking forward to hearing about it afterwards.
  • As much as I am a fan of princess Luna, the Night Will Not Actually Last Forever - after a while {in-character time, that is}, the bar will close and reopen the next evening. If popular opinion wills it, after a while we may even timeskip a couple of weeks or months.
  • You can be a newcomer or an old-time regular - if you want to be the latter, PM me and we'll go over the backstory. If you're the former, we'll see how well I can manage playing multiple characters.
  • Although it's implied by the Everfree Forest forum rules, just to be clear - non-canon species and generally oddball characters aren't just allowed, they're encouraged!

The Rules Of The Bar:

• While people may often open up about their troubles, unlike dancing, prying is forbidden. If someone is caught prying, they will often have a close encounter with a blackjack and ejected into the parking lot. They are more welcome to come back in, though - Crosswood keeps plenty of Aspirin in the first aid box under the bar.
  • Most days there is a Contest - the tallest tale, puzzle or riddle winner or worst pun of the evening drinks free. Not the first day of the thread, really, I can only handle so much {and lemme tell you, the much ain't much. I am open to suggestions, even!}
  • If a person wants to share something with the rest of the bar, be it their troubles or their thoughts, it's traditional to throw their glass into the fireplace - it's curved so the glass doesn't fly as much. After that, they have the floor, and everyone's attention.

If you have any questions, ask away! If you want to, you can jump right into the IC thread, but I'd really appreciate if you give me a heads-up first so I know if there's anything special I should expect. That said, you don't need my permission before you start posting - if I get distracted with RL stuff, it would be discourteous of me to keep you waiting.

Have fun!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't have too directley reply too the previous person?

Also here's who I'd be:

• 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 4:04 PM, Quinch said:

The Rules Of The Bar:

Hi, I'd like to join this roleplay with my O.C., Duality (as below), if you don't mind. Must warn you, though, the bio is a bit of a textwall, especially with how the formatting is broken. :P

I'm a first-time RPer, so please don't hesitate to let me know if I make a faux pas here and there. :fluttershy:

• 1 month later...