Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

do you feel bad when you kill

Zyrael

(edited)

I try to avoid it whenever possible... the action of permanently ending a life just feels awful. Mosquitoes I don't see any alternative to killing, and wasps I would kill if I wasn't terrified of them xD anything else that won't threaten me in any way I will make an effort to spare.

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 1

I do. If there's some kind of creature in my house, I will try to get it out in a non-lethal way. Why would something else's life be worth less than mine?

If it was in a case of self-defence, I would still feel bad if I had to kill. If at all possible I would try to escape the situation without having to kill.

Last year I killed a squirrel while driving. She ran quickly across the road. I tried to avoid it but failed. I felt very bad.:adorkable:I usually carry snails from the sidewalk to the grass so people do not kill them.  Ticks or mosquitos I kill in "self-defense". I  try to save lives other animals. I'm vegetarian.

(edited)

It really depends on how much of a threat they are being. Generally I do kind of feel bad for them. I've even let out wasps on a few occasions, though my dad will just kill them mercilessly. Well, if he does even make the attempt to do anything about them, anyways.

Edited by In Loving Memory

I'm only sympathetic towards innocent bugs like earthworms or caterpillars that don't invade my home.
I kill creatures that invade my comfort zone without a second thought. That includes flies, ladybugs, fleas, ants, etc.

For bugs, it depends. I wouldn't ever intentionally kill a praying mantis or honey bee, but flies, spiders, mosquitoes and wasps are fair game. I try to make it a fast death, usually via UI textbook because i'm probably never going to read it again and it's ~600 pages long.

For animals, accidentally killing one makes me feel awful for the rest of the day. There was this one time at work when I was driving a big tractor that I accidentally ran over a garter snake. I felt so awful about it, I really like snakes... Fortunately I have yet to hit anything with my car; a few close encounters, but I've always managed to out maneuver the squirrel or bird darting in front of me.

• 2 years later...

I don't. I don't want something like this living in my home or anywhere near it.

1200px-Arilus_cristatus_Kaldari_02.jpg

Step on it, crush it, burn it, I don't care.

It really depends on what it is.

If it's an ant, f*** no. They deserve to die for invading my house. If it's a mosquito sucking my blood, f*** no. Though if it's a spider minding their own business and not really doing anything to bother me, yeah.

• 9 months later...

It is killed or be killed. When it comes to insects, it is a true war for survival. I don't get emotional when a wasp kills me, or a spider crawls into my winter jacket, slowly, and ....

Actually, I kinda get sad when I have to kill the larger spiders, they are kinda cute, but unwanted.

I try not to kill anything and be careful unless it's a fly, a mosquito or an invasion. If I accidentally kill something else I feel bad but at the same time I'm a giant that doesn't have spidersense. Still, try to better swat them away of capture and release elsewhere. I get worried though that I might hurt my cat because sometimes she gets excited and runs between my feet while I'm walking down the stairs. Don't do that, cat!

Have you tried killing  those thicks or kissing bugs!? Damn their def. Is over 9000. I scquish the little bugger with my finggers and it felt nothing at what i did! I swear i heard it laughed at me. So i was forced to use my nails to add a pierce def. Effect.... It took me 3 timesto kill it..... Im a thousand times bigger than them and stronger..... Imagine if they were the size of dogs! No one can kill them!

• Brohoof 1

If it’s made a choice to endanger itself by doing something bad to me (take my food, bite me, be a nuisance or land on my food), I won’t feel bad.

Even some roaches if I don’t smash them soon enough, in a few days I’d rather just hope they go away :sealed: .

I don’t go after any insects outside the house. Spiders are cool :ooh: (though they’re arachnids). I wouldn’t touch them but they honestly don’t really try to bother me. They just do their thing. Pacifists!

Edited by WWolf
  • Brohoof 1

I feel bad for running over this dog accidently...he stopped thinking I would stop..but I didn't :( And I still regret it from this very day...:blush:

Killing flies, wasps, mosquitoes, ants, or grain/pantry moths- ABSOLUTELY NOT! Good riddance! :eww:

By daring to enter, they chose DEATH!:unamused:

Edited by Cirrus.