Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Lovely Ones

MachineGunLola

Jake nodded, "Pretty stupid to drive after you've been drinking. I should've stopped you" he replied. He looked back to so Kya with a red panda curled around her shoulders. He smiled and said "Hey" as she walked in. He then looked back at Jillian, "I wish I could believe your apology Jill. I wish I could know that you meant it. But how can I believe it if you are going to just go back to the way you were?".

He took her hand away from the IV, "That's not good to pick at it" he said.

Kya was trembling madly with fear, "J-Jillian I'm s-sorry for everything, I s-shoulda s-stayed out of the way, a-and kept to m-myself..."

She said sheepishly and stared at the ground, her pet curled around her neck and fast asleep.

"I'm sorry,.." she whispered.

"W-What!? W-Why would you s-say that, I mean y-you like each other right!?" Kya yelped, a blush rising on her cheeks,

"I-I mean h-he's cute n'all, but I-I think you should be with him so you don't murder me!"

Kya flinched and waited for the insults, that always made her die inside.

Jillian laughed bitterly.

"He does not like me, and I do not like him.

Get that through your thick skull."

She glared at Kya and Jake.

She was getting tired of this stupid game.

Her phone vibrated in her purse.

Hope you like the present I left for you at home!

it was from that creepy person again. Her heart dropped.

A half hour later, after she'd been checked out, she was released, and she quickly went home.

The house was empty, and Miku didn't come running to her as he normally did.

She called for him, with no answer.

Her heart began to beat faster.

"Miku?"

She called, walking out to the back yard.

The pool's lights were on, and she noticed something in the water.

Walking closer, she noticed tan fur.

No.

"Miku!"

She screamed, and jumped in the pool, pulling it out.

It wasn't Miku.

It was a fur coat.

But what was it doing in the pool?

She sighed in relief, and got out.

Where was Miku?

Jillian went back into the house, and into her room.

Her closet was closed- weird.

She opened it and Miku ran out.

"Miku! Baby!"

Miku stopped and turned to her, then jumped on the bed and licked her hands.

Did you like that prank? Wasn't funny, was it?

Maybe you should think twice before you play a mean prank on someone else!

Jillian threw her phone across the room and held Miku close.

Who was this person?

Flashback: Flick began to approach Kya, but she seemed so enthralled in Jake and Jillian's interaction that despite an initial awkward and quite startled acknowledgement of Flick's presence the older girl became enthralled with the other two seniors and Flick stepped into the background, where she was so comfortable. She watched as Kya was caught spying by Jillian and hurt her wrist. She watched as Jake showed real concern for Kya and took her to get help. Flick snapped a few candid pictures: Kya's initial excitement, Jillian's sneering face, Kya cradling her arm, Jake's face overcome with care and concern, Jillian's obvious disappointment... Flick headed back into the house.

"MIKU!" Flick heard through her open window and popped her head out to see Jillian in the front yard looking for her dog. Flick had always liked Miku, he was a friendly dog and living across the street as long as she had she had met the dog a few times even if Jillian didn't know she existed. Flick pulled her hair back into a ponytail and stretched a little. She was wearing short grey jogging shorts and a purple tank top with a pink cupcake on the front saying "I'm so baked right now." Her PJs were almost her only coloured clothing. She looked in the mirror and realized how odd she looked in something other than her usual uniform of black pencil jeans and a long sleeved black shirt. She walked down the stairs and slipped on some Birkenstock sandals and padded her way across the street. She raised her hand and knocked on Jillian's door.

There was a knock on the door, and Jillian wiped her tears away, then went downstairs to answer, calling Miku along.

She opened the door a crack and was surprised to see Flick, the girl from across the street.

"Hello? Can I help you?"

She asked, and opened the door a bit more.

Miku stuck his head out and licked Flick's hands.

"Miku, no!"

Jillian tried to pull him back, but in the end, decided that Flick didn't care, and let him lick her hands.

"Hey Miku." Flick said with a smile and pet his head, "I'm really sorry I just heard you calling him and I thought if he was lost... I mean, he's always been such a nice dog and I thought I'd help." Flick looked up at Jillian and then back down to Miku. She noticed that Jillian was crying but she felt it was best not to call attention to it. A strong girl like Jillain, a Queen Bee, did not like having her vulnerable moments called to attention.

Flick pet Miku once more and took a step back, "obviously you're capable enough to have found him all on your own without any help from me so I'll just head back home. Nice talking with you." Flick flashed her dazzling smile at Jillian once more and turned to cross the street.

Jillian smiled back.

"Thank you. Um, if you ever want to, you can come over and see him."

She waved bye to Flick, and made her way to her second floor bathroom, where she ran herself a bubble bath.

Her phone buzzed with a text from Jay.

Hello beautiful!

I miss you, can't wait for our date tomorrow!

She smiled, and put her phone away, then climbed in the big tub.

Jake drove Kya to where she wanted him to and headed home. He saw Flick leaving Jillians house and he waved at her. He was in need of someone to talk to, he honestly had a major headache after all that had happened this day.

Jillian was restless. She wanted to talk to someone, anyone.

She had Jake's number, back from middle school.

She wondered if it was the same, but she took a chance and text him.

Jake, it's Jillian. I realize you probably don't want to talk to me,

but I thought I'd offer.

I need someone to talk to, and.. I thought of you.

She sunk deeper into her bath, getting ready for rejection.

Jillian smiled to herself.

I feel horrible for how I treated you all these years.

And I feel bad for breaking Kya's wrist.

I- I just had something horrible happen to me, and I think

that this is how it feels when I do these things to you guys..

Jillian's eyes began to tear up.

Someone put one of my fur coats in the pool, making me think it was Miku.

It was horrible.

And they also left a note saying it might actually be Miku next time.