Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girls canonicity to FiM revealed in Twilight's character?

ManaMinori

I know that this has been debated on before, but I feel like people are overlooking a vital characterization to Twilight, when it comes to both franchises, which are one and the same. The events of the very first Equestria Girls movie were orchestrated by Celestia, as a test for the newly coronated princess Twilight to learn how to properly be a leader. Its fairly obvious when Principal Celestia says “a true princess in any world leads- not by forcing others to bow before her, but by inspiring others to stand with her.” This all goes back to the beginning of the movie, where Celestia mentions that she knew very little about the human world, but she must’ve known enough to know that there were mirrorverses of the remane5, and herself, to only send Twilight (who Celestia knows whos’ counterpart is the only one who doesn’t go to CHS- how’d she get that information?); and to speak to Principal Celestia to cooperating with her plan for Twilight to learn that lesson.

In fact, even before that, when Twilight is called to the Princess Summons in the Crystal Empire, which “just so happens” to be where the mirror is located, at the same time the gateway was open (with no guards to keep the portal secure, mind you). This goes back further still, to Magical Mystery Cure, post-Twilicorn transformation, when Twilight expresses fears about being a princess, and if there’s a book she should read up on it Celestia soothes her by saying “there will be time for all of that later”.

One line Twilight says near the ending of the first movie makes this clear that the two franchises are one and the same- “The magic contained in my element was able to unite with those that helped create it.” However, the human remane5 were not the ones that “created” (or more specifically, unlocked) the 6th element, in the pilot of FiM, as Twilight said. Yet their magic of friendship still works to power up Twilight’s element in the human world, though they are completely “different” characters.

Had the lesson at the end of the movie not been learned by Twilight, then she wouldn't have become the confident alicorn princess leader that she became in FiM after those events had occurred.

On 6/10/2017 at 2:18 PM, cmarston1 said:

I think it is more along the lines that FIM is canon to EQG, but EQG isn't canon to FIM.

how's that?  I can't see Twilight having been able to handle her princess status without what happened in EQG occurring and teaching her something. Can you really say that is the case, knowing how Twilight IS?