Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler First look at Storm King in movie precuel comic

Steve Piranha

Well, the first pony movie prequel series of comics shows it's first issue preview, featuring the big bad himself: The Storm King. It shows a bit of his MO, but his personality...... is not what we expect. See yourselves at the spoilers ;)

MLP_Prequel_A_MOCK+copy.jpgMLP_Prequel_RI_MOCK+copy.jpg1.jpeg2.jpeg

3.jpeg

• Brohoof 3

I really hope this isn't a case of IDW's take on characters being wildly different from the the show's take like what's happened with so many other characters(i.e., IDW Luna vs Show Luna), because this actually makes him look pretty fun

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well I don't hate it. Not what I was expecting though. I thought he'd be more in line with Tirek's personality and not... this. But then again he may come across as much differently in the film so I can't be sure of what to expect.

That Strife guy though. He looks like the result of mixing Arabus from G1 with one of the Umbrum from the comics.

• 2 months later...

I actually like this kind of personality for a villain. Far too often we have villains full of spite and malice, now-that's-what-I-call-edgy archetypes. With Tempest already being so "my clothes are black, like my soul", it's nice to have someone that seems more light-hearted at times and almost downright friendly. It makes you really on edge because we see that he can go from a kind individual to one that is fearsome and a force to be reckoned with. Nothing is better than a villain that can genuinely catch both the characters and the audience off-guard.

• Brohoof 1