Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Character Limit Box in the way

CaptainDoubloon

(edited)

I'm not sure if other people are having this issue but the letter character limit box is in the way in the text box. It's on the far right and it blocks part of what I've written. Is there a way I can fix this?

Edited by Sgamer
  • Brohoof 5

Do you mean that character counter?

Well... you're not the only one, it was reported multiple times. ^_^ 

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I can't help wondering why nobody has done anything about it yet. It's very annoying.

It's gotten to the point that when it is fixed, the response is going to be "About Time!", and not one of gratitude. Again this is more related to the tech staff completely ignoring the community at this point. 

Unless of course the tech staff actually don't have a problem with it. 

1 hour ago, ImDaMisterL said:

I really hope the admins can find a way to make this less of a nuisance :mustache:

Most of the Admins don't have the access or knowledge to adjust it -- even if they do have access to the template files. Merc may and Lavo certainly does. So do several people in this thread. :P

I'm actually considering buying the license to the software and doing a tutorial for the laughs. 

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Jeric said:

Most of the Admins don't have the access or knowledge to adjust it -- even if they do have access to the template files. Merc may and Lavo certainly does. So do several people in this thread. :P

I'm actually considering buying the license to the software and doing a tutorial for the laughs. 

Actually, Jeric, they've made it more difficult than before with this new version. The Editor isn't in the templates anymore, it has it's own 'skinning' system independent to the forum templates. And regular Admins can only see the front end of the skinning system. So we can select what buttons appear on the editor, but we don't have direct access to the css or templates for the Editor. As I understand it the devs are trying to build new 'skins' to load into the system, but it's being... recalcitrant.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Fhaolan said:

Actually, Jeric, they've made it more difficult than before with this new version. The Editor isn't in the templates anymore, it has it's own 'skinning' system independent to the forum templates. And regular Admins can only see the front end of the skinning system. So we can select what buttons appear on the editor, but we don't have direct access to the css or templates for the Editor. As I understand it the devs are trying to build new 'skins' to load into the system, but it's being... recalcitrant.

Yeah, I am looking at the ACP now -- yikes the new Pages set-up explains the issues with the DB. You are right that the Designer's mode doesn't give you direct access to the .phtml and .css files at a Community Administrator level in a way that allows proper control.

That said, the files exist. Updating the div class positioning for the counter in the custom.css should not be difficult. If was was stock css, then yeah you have a slight challenge if you are new at it ... because from what I see IPS is allergic to decent semantic naming. ipsBox? Seriously, they didn't make it easy. 

But, the counter isn't stock code. It was added after the fact. In a situation where old and new members are complaining, if it's something like getting the media query just right, it may be a reasonable idea to to back to how it was from go. Or even remove the blasted thing since it doesn't exist in the vanilla version of the software. 

Or is the decision to not adjust the counter motivated by the fact they don't want to touch the main css files as they build new ones? 

• Brohoof 3