Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Sanctuary, Appaloosa (1x1 Reboot w/ driz)

Jack Baker

(edited)

As the cold, filthy steel came in contact with her lips, her mind alerted panic. If she were to try and move around similar to what she was doing before, the knife would likely cut her mouth and maybe even contract some sort of disease. However, to just stand still and hope for the best - as she did - wouldn't end up having a much different result. Unsure of what to do, Lory simply froze in place while attempting to keep her mouth shut tight.

Like the world's most traumatic dentist appointment, the knife began grazing against the sides of her lip, causing humongous discomfort and pain. She felt thin streams of blood running down her cheek as they were cut through and, likewise, she began to cry. It was torture. Behind anguished grunts of pain; between blood and tears, she refused to open her mouth.

Edited by driz

1. @driz

Nick dug around for a few more seconds before   taking the knife out of Lory's mouth. Raze felt a bit of both fear and anger at what the man did, but wasn't able to do anything at the moment. Nick was about to go back in again, when suddenly, a doorbell rang from outside. The hoodied man looked angry, and he stood up.

"Damn it all... I bet it's that cop again," he said, proceeding to walk out of the room.

"Damn... pigs!!" Nick said, venom in his words. He looked wildly at Lory. "I'll be back for you..." He took the knife and left behind the hoodied man.

Raze, seeing that the door was clear, began to sway the chair back and forth, as much as he could, until he fell over. The restraints came open, and he climbed out of the chair, standing up. He quickly made his way over to Lory, who was in tears, undoing her restraints.

"Sweet Celestia, are you alright?" he said, extremely worried. "Were you cut? Can you taste blood? Oh shit..." He freed her from the chair, and began checking her mouth for signs of injury.

Once the lunatics left the scene, Lory immediately lowered her head and began coughing up blood, along with a few small pieces of raw entrails that had gotten stuck to her teeth. The sides of her lips had been slightly slit like paper cuts, leaving her mouth in a burning, stinging pain.

"D...Do I look alri--" Before she could finish speaking, she winced from the pain that she felt, even through the smallest movement of her lips. "Fuck... I can't even be sassy with you right now..." As soon as her hands were untied, she wiped her face from the tears and blood, squirming every time she accidentally touched near her wounds. Deep inside, she was feeling furious. At that moment, if she had the chance - and the audacity - to take her revenge on the old man, she would do so in a heartbeat. But alas, she understood their priorities.

She looked at Raze and nodded, ready to follow him out of that twisted place once and for all.

@driz

Raze sighed, but smiled. "Glad to hear it. Hold on, I grabbed some of the first aid stuff back in the attic, maybe I could--"

He tried to grab his backpack, but he only ended up touching his shoulder. He looked back... it was gone. 

"Damn... they must have taken it from me..." he said. "Shit, shit, shit! What the hell am I gonna do if you get an infection?!"

He shook his head. "No... calm down. There's gotta be more of that stuff somewhere around here. On top of that, we still gotta escape..." He took a deep breath, and calmed down. "Alright... let's see where we are..." 

As he stood up, he noticed something on his left wrist. It looked like a... heart monitor of some sort.

"...Huh," Raze said, examining it closer. It showed his heartbeat, using green colored EKG lines. Looking at Lory, he noticed she had one on her wrist as well.

"Wonder when we got these... better yet, why do we need them?" he asked out loud. "Questions for later I guess..."

He looked around to see where they were. From what he could gather, they were in a dining room of some sort. To his right, a small media room, and to his front, a kitchen. To the left, huge double doors that seemed to lead out of the area. He decided to look in the media room first. He motioned for Lory to follow him.

"Come on. And stay close."

She nodded and walked right behind him. Before they left the area, she took another quick glance at the dining table and the repugnant mess that rested on top of it: guts, intestines, unidentifiable entrails piled up on one another like an all-you-can-eat buffet. She had her gag reflex momentarily acting up again, picturing those things being forcefully shoved inside her mouth.

"That is goddamn disgu--" She winced once again, and then growled in anger for being unable to speak due to the extreme discomfort caused by the cuts. For someone as chatty as Lory, being physically unable to talk could potentially pose an incredibly tough challenge.

@driz

"Just don't think about it..." Raze said, almost gagging himself. "Ugh... damn it..."

Untitled2.thumb.png.407952c4c3f0d465cc1a743be4f7a6a6.png

"Looks like this is the living room..." he said. "Kinda small..." He looked inside the shelf to the left of the couch and found handgun rounds, a clip with 5 bullets in it. He looked down to see if his gun was holstered in his pants. Nothing.

He sighed. "Of course they took it..." he said. "Well... if there's ammo, there has to be a gun around this house somewhere... I hope."

He walked all the way to the end of the room to the other shelf and opened it. Another handgun clip, with the same amount of bullets.

"Oh, great, more ammo for the gun I don't have..." he said sarcastically. After scouring the entire room, he found nothing else.

"Alright, next is the kitchen," he said. He slowly walked towards the place, not wanting to make any noise. He didn't know how close those psychos were. The kitchen itself was pretty small, although there was a door at the far right end of it. He checked the fridge. Inside were... a pile of intestines, placed on top of tinfoil.

"Of course... what did I expect," he said. Something else caught his eye, though. Below that was a bottle of the first aid liquid.

"Alright, yes!" he said quietly, taking it. He turned to Lory.

"Ok, I'm gonna need you to stand still, I'm gonna pour this on your injuries there," he said to her. He gently held her face to keep her from moving, and carefully poured a little bit of the liquid on her lips. 

With a determined look on her face, she stood still and let the liquid flow across her mouth. Like earlier when they had used the med, amazingly enough, it didn't sting as bad as rubbing an open wound with ethyl alcohol would. Instinctively, she let some of the fluid in her mouth and for a few seconds gargled it around as if trying to clean her teeth. She spit it out onto the floor once she couldn't feel the cuts anymore.

"Yuck... Tastes like mint syrup." She commented, and promptly cringed at the strange, somewhat unpleasant taste of the product. "Damn, this feels a lot better already! Phew... I owe ya, Ray-Ray." She sent him a smile from cheek to cheek: both as a way to express gratitude, and also to test just how well the cuts had healed. She then pointed at his wrist. "Hey, sick new watch. I got one just like it. Also, where the hell are we and where the hell is our stuff?"

@driz

"Well, yeah, that's what I've been saying," he said to her. "They took all of it. I've been just been scrounging around for things we can use." He looked at the door at the right end of the kitchen. "Come on, in here."

He opened it, and revealed a small, open room. There was much inside that caught Raze's attention, save for a small latch door on the floor in front of him. 

He walked over to it, and pulled on it. Locked.

"Of course..." he said. "Well... looks like that's it for this place. We need to keep this latch door here in mind," he said.

((OOC: Last post for tonight.))

"Well, then let's get the hell out of here before the Three Little Pigs come back! We'll be part of their menu when they find out we escaped!" She urged while looking around the vicinity. She paused for a moment, bringing a hand to her forehead, trying her best to recall what happened after their last encounter with Honey Glow. Her memory was all blank.

"Ugh... Damn, my head is killing me!... All I remember was the old man's stupid face right before he floored me, then I woke up at the table right next to ya... Seems like we finally got to meet honeybee's adorable little family, after all. These fuckers..." She began thinking harder; her head nearly fuming. "We just need to find our way back to the attic without getting caught. Sounds easy, huh? Yeah, not at all. Whatever. As long as I don't get shit shoved down my throat again, I'm good." She then stretched her limbs, which she hadn't done ever since being untied. "C'mon, let's roll." She then moved towards the set of double doors to the left.

@driz

"Hold on a minute... this isn't the same house," Raze said to her, walking out the door quietly with her. He was now in another hallway; in front of him though was an entrance with a metal car-shaped sign that said, "Garage". There was a broken window to his left covered in barbed wire, and right looked like it led further into the house, with the path turning right. He followed it. 

"These people took us somewhere else; I remember being dragged by the old guy... this looks like it could be the main house, the one we couldn't get in before," he said to Lory as quietly as possible. "And I don't think we're gonna get back to that guest house anytime soon--" 

As he turned the corner into a long hallway, he quickly stopped in his tracks as the old man, Nick, showed up at the other end of it. He was armed with what looked like a shovel, peeking out into a window looking for something. He couldn't see Raze or Lory at all, and Raze took the opportunity to quickly grab her by the hand, cover her mouth, and quietly move back to the corner they came from.

"Shit, shit, shit!" Raze mouthed without making any sounds.

Lory gasped once she was dragged back by Raze. She pulled his arm away from her mout and puffed in annoyance. "Wow. Uncalled-for." She whispered. Peeking back at the corner of the hallway, she was able to identify what alerted Raze, and immediately went back into hiding. She looked back over at him urgently.

"What now??" She whispered again.

@driz

"We just need to stay hidden..." he whispered back. He carefully peeked around the corner and saw that Nick had begun to make his way over to where the two of them were. He quickly retracted his head.

"Fuck, he's coming!" he whispered to her. "Back in the dining room. Hide behind the living room couch, go!"

He took Lory's hand, snuck over towards the double doors, and quietly opened and closed them. Still sneaking, he made his way to the living room, and his behind the couch. After a few seconds, he could hear the double doors get kicked open by Nick, who loudly walked in surveying the area. Raze couldn't see what was happening, but he could hear the old man slam his shovel on the ground in anger.

"Where'd those lil' shits get off to..." he said out loud. He began to move again, though Raze was unsure where.

"Here piggy piggy piggy!!!" he shouted at the top of his lungs. "Where're my little children?!" He began to cackle maniacally.

Raze hid lower behind the couch, making sure he didn't see them. He tried to slow his breathing so he couldn't hear it.

"Ya know I'm gonna find you, right? And when I do... heheheheheheh..."

((OOC: Sorry I took so long, work has been exhausting today. :unsure:))

Lory hid completely motionless next to Raze, having to cover up her mouth with her hand to ensure tat no sounds would come out in an impulse. Nevertheless, she grit her teeth and clenched her fist in anger. Two sides of her mind were conflicting: One that really wanted to see that man disappearing from the face of the Earth for what he did to her back at the table, and the other that knew the former was a terrible idea, and that they needed to remain silent at all costs.

Lory sent a sharp glare at her partner that gave the idea that she was willing to fight for her life if it came to it, while remaining quiet.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@driz

Raze intently listened to the man's footsteps, trying to keep track of where he was. He slowly peeked his head out, and saw that he was going through to the kitchen into the latch door room. He kicked down the door and disappeared from Raze's field of vision.

"Alright, go quietly!" he whispered to Lory, then snuck out of the dining room through the double doors, walking back to where he last saw Nick. He quietly made his way down to the end of the hall, and stopped when he saw a key on top of a small drawer. He picked it up, and saw the tag attached to it, labeled "Latch".

"Alright, this is it!" he whispered to Lory. We need to make our way back to that latch--"

"Thought y'all could just slip out before dinner was done?" called a voice from the other end of the hall. He turned his head and saw Nick coming towards them.

"Shit!" Raze looked to his right, and saw that the hall ended in front of a window covered by a bunch of random debris. They were cornered. However, Raze had a plan.

"C'mon!" he said to Lory, leading her to the dead end while Nick could be heard cackling. Raze crouched down, while the old man came running at him and swung at him with his shovel. Raze dove out of the way and passed Nick, running a safe distance away from him. Nick looked back at Lory.

"Poor thang!!" he said to her. "Little piggy backed in a corner. You gonna cry, little piggy? You gonna squeeeaal?" As he said this, he swung at her horizontally with his shovel.

((OOC: Don't worry about it :) ))

Edited by Jack Baker

(edited)

With her back against the wall, Lory stared daggers at the man. There was an interesting mixture of hate and fear inside her heart, which didn't exactly leave much room for reasoning and common sense. As soon as the man attacked, her instincts kicked in and she ducked out of the weapon's trajectory, crawling her way past him and out of the corner next. However, she didn't go much farther.

She clenched her fists tight as she recalled the torture section from earlier: when that fiend poked around inside her mouth with a nasty-looking knife. It had been terrible. She felt terrible. For that reason, right there and then, she decided to give payback. Her right fist soared through the air as she swiftly turned around to deliver a punch to his face. "YOU'LL BE THE ONE SQUE--" Unfortunately, the blow didn't connect in time.

The man grabbed Lory by the neck before she could do anything to stop it, completely seizing her movements. He began pressing harder, making it ever more difficult for her to breathe. Soon, she was lifted up from the ground, desperately digging her nails onto the man's arm to try and free herself from his grip. Her vision began to slowly fade.

Edited by driz

@driz

Nick began to cackle as he was choking Lory to death. Raze turned around saw what had happened, and ran over, delievering a side kick to the spine. He staggered and dropped Lory, which gave Raze enough time to grab her and run past the old man. 

"You idiot!" Raze said to her while running. "The hell are you thinking?!" He led her all the way back to the latch door room, with Nick not too far behind them.

"It's over, boy!" he yelled at Raze. He quickly shut the door behind him and held it down, giving the latch key to Lory.

"Go, get it open!" he said to her. He could feel the old man try to bust through the door, and he was trying his best to keep him from coming in.

Holding onto her neck while coughing uncontrollably, she attempted to come back to her senses and get back her bearings. Without thinking too much about it, she simply and mindlessly followed orders, picked up the key and rushed towards the latch door inside the kitchen area.

Still somewhat dizzy, she struggled to find the keyhole, sloppily skittering across the handle's surface. She began sweating; she became nervous. Millions of thoughts went by her head until, unexpectedly, she key was inserted. She promptly turned it and a satisfying click could be heard.

"I... I GOT IT!!" Lory yelled to her partner as she threw herself inside, holding the door open while waiting for Raze.

(edited)

@driz

As soon as Raze got off of the door, Nick quickly kicked it open and ran towards Lory, taking a swing with his shovel. Raze immediately got in the way, shielding himself with his hands. He felt the shovel whack him in the left arm, and he staggered. He tried to make his way over to the latch door, but the old man quickly grabbed him and turned him around, then whacked him in the face with the handle of the shovel knocking Raze down and dazing him. He felt his right arm being pinned down by the old man's boot...

then felt an excruciating pain, and losing all feeling in it. The old man used the shovel to cut Raze's right hand off, up to the wrist.

"GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!" Raze screamed at the top of his lungs. "AHHHAHA!! AHHHH!!! GAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!" He grit his teeth in agony, and when the boot lifted off of his arm, he could see the full extent of the damage. His hand lay a few inches away from where it was cut, blood leaking from the wound. Above him, Nick was grinning devilishly.

"Pooooor thang!!!" He said, cackling. He then stepped back a few, and took a bottle out of his pocket, putting it on the floor. It looked like the first aid bottle, only larger and taller.

"You can use this to fix your hand... Heheheyou can do it!!" He squatted down, watching the scene unfold with visible glee. He turned to Lory. "I don't know 'bout you, but it looks like the boy could use some help. Hard to reattach a severed hand with one hand, ya know?" He cackled again.

Raze was breathing through grit teeth, slowly crawling to reach his hand and the bottle.

"Ggggghhhhh.... Aaaaaahhh..." He was writhing in pain. He could feel himself getting more and more lightheaded from the blood loss, his vision blurry.

Edited by Jack Baker

"RAZE!!" Lory screamed in horror as she raced to his aid as fast as she could. Kneeling down next to him, she was able to take a good look at the damage caused by the shovel. "Holy fuck! Fuck... Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck..." She began uttering, completely horrified and unknowing what to do. To the side of his body laid his mutilated hand, resting on top of a heavily unsettling pool of blood. Next, Lory's eyes soon met with the first aid bottle the man had put down. She quickly identified the liquid inside and hurriedly lunged forward in order to reach it, ignoring the freak that sat above it.

"Okay... Okay..." She attempted to calm herself down. With the bottle in her hands, she reviewed the case as if she was about to perform an emergency operation on a dying patient. Evidently, she didn't have nearly enough time to hesitate: she'd seen Raze utilizing that substance before, so she went with photographic memory. "T-This might hurt like hell... J-Just suck it up."

Reluctantly, she picked up the severed hand and held it against Raze's arm stub.  Popping the flask open with her mouth, she dumped every single drop of the liquid onto the arm while still pressing it together like glue. "C'mon, c'mon!... Stay with me, big cat..." A few moments later, she began raising her head up until she met eyes with the old man staring down like a maniac. Pure rage filled every single inch of her soul.

"...Must be hilarious being a huge disgusting sack of shit, huh?" She asked, absolutely fuming.

@driz

Nick ignored her, just laughing to himself as he watched was was happening. The liquid poured over the severed hand, and quickly began to repair the damage done. Soon, it was fully healed, no signs of it being cut at all. Raze, too hurt to focus, didn't even realize that this had happened, fading in and out of consciousness. This all changed, however, when Nick stood up and started slamming the ground with his shovel.

"You... better... run!!!" he shouted, accentuating each word with a slam. "Here's Daddy!!" Afterwards, he began to slowly walk toward them. Raze managed to somewhat regain consciousness, and crawl toward the latch door, entering a small dirt crawlspace. Making sure Lory followed behind him, he quickly closed it.

"Alriiight... y'all have fun under there. I'ma come  back for you later..." He could be heard leaving the room.

Raze crawled as best as he could, making his way around until he found an opening above him. He sluggishly dragged himself out of the crawlspace and into the room it led to, after which he just laid on the floor, newfound energy spent. He felt dizzy and tired now; the blood loss made it hard for him to concentrate. He looked at his now repaired hand, in disbelief of what had just happened. 

((OOC: Last one for now))

Now seemingly safe, Lory rested her back against the wall while breathing heavily, slowly sliding down until she took a seat on the ground. After regaining her breath and recovering a little bit of energy, she suddenly slammed her fist against the wall behind her with all of the strength she could muster at that moment.

"DAMN IT!!" She exclaimed as she did so.

Sighing in dismay, she lowered her head behind her knees and hugged her legs. After a few seconds of wrathful silence, she got back up on her hooves and began pacing back and forth around the room, distraught. She wasn't able to find any words of comfort to say. Her usual cheeky self had taken absence. After some more time she ceased her stride and went back to lean against the wall, trying hard not to lose it.

@driz

After lying on the floor for about a minute or two, Raze picked himself up and tried to have a look around. They were in a laundry room of some sort, from what he was able to gather. He made his way over towards Lory, head still spinning a bit, and sat down next to her, propping his head against the wall.

"...Some shit we got ourselves into, eh?" he said weakly. "Least you're not hurt."

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!?" Lory suddenly snapped, getting up on her feet and staring Raze down. "'Least you're not hurt'... Never-fucking-mind me, man, you just got your hand cut off!! I've only had a few scratches and I'm already whining like a baby, but you?..." She stopped for a few seconds: her eyes welling up. "...If it weren't for that magical mint syrup thing you'd be dead, do you realize this? You'd be six feet under the ground by now! And I would... I would..." She took a second to massage her eyes with her wrist. "Ugh... Forget it." She turned around, facing the wall. She wanted to say more, but she faltered, not knowing exactly how to put into words the way she felt.

@driz

Raze leaned back, sighing. She was right; he should be more worried than he was, but he felt ...calm. Maybe that wasn't it, maybe what happened was so unbelievable that he didn't know how to react to it. He took another look at his hand, then shook his head.

He stood up approaching Lory and gently putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Look, I'm... sorry I made you worry like that. I know you're upset, and I know I barely made it out alive, but... I'll be more careful next time, I promise."

"No... It's not that, it's just... This is just so messed up. These guys are maniacs. They're psychopaths, dude! They're toying with us like they damn well please and that makes me SO GODDAMN MAD!!" She brought her hands to the top of her head, pulling out hair. "What I wish for the most right now, from the bottom of my heart, is to make justice with my own hands and send this disturbing family to meet their makers. But... Fuck, as much as I hate to admit it, we're at every single possible disadvantage right now... We're powerless... I feel humiliated." She turned to face Raze again, looking down at the ground. "...Not like my pointless rambling will get us anywhere." With that, she threw her arms up in the air, stretched for a bit, and then placed her hands on her hips.

"So. Back to our little hide-and-seek... Where are we now?" She asked while looking around the room.