Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Did You Get Into The Fandom?

Dylan7899

Hello, @[Dylan7899]

Just so you are aware, I have altered this thread's title to make its aim a bit more clear.

• Brohoof 1

It's a long story, but in short I watched an episode just to see what the fuss was about and to see if it was as bad as the haters said it was. I remember falling in love very quickly and before I knew it, I had watched the full first season. This was about 3 years ago. Didn't join this community till last year, though.

(edited)

I watched the "Flutterguy Evil Enchantress" clip when it popped up in my YouTube recommends thing one day. I watched it and thought it very funny. I wasn't sure if it was a fan dub or what. I ended up downloading the whole first season. Since I wasn't sure which episode it was from, I started watching from episode one. I was in love with the show by the end of episode two! 

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

I was like borderline suicide, honestly, and I was trying to watch stuff just to get stuff out of my mind (death of some relitives, grades in school lowering, ext), and I came across my little pony. A while before that, I remembered a video I watched like "smile hd". I don't know completely why I gave it a shot, but I ended up liking it. If it wasn't for mlp, I don't think I'd be here today. And by today I mean irl, not on this forum mk

heil lauren faust

Mine is a fairly simple story: I n2011 I ended up seeing FiM related stuff in a few videos and over the course of an entire year, my curiosity kept getting higher and higher before I eventually caved and watched a few episodes in 2012. The rest is what it is. That feeling when I found the fandom, that is a feeling I will never forget.

I remember joining the fandom back in late 2012. About a year before that, a couple of my friends and I were playing card games at a card shop. They were discussing the show and some of the songs. I thought it was weird and chose to ignore it. They kept trying to show me clips of the show and tried to have me watch as well. I remember they showed me Epic Pie Time and the song, This Day in Aria. I kept telling them no, but then one day I decided to give it a try. I told myself that if I watched it and didn't like it, I would tell my two friends. I watched the first three episode of season 1 and I was instantly hooked. I watched every episode from season 1 to 3 that was out at the time and I really enjoyed the show. Ever since then, I've continued watching the show and kept up with the current seasons. 

• 3 weeks later...

I never even heard about the fandom till after I watched my first few episodes (which started with Lesson Zero, discovered on TV by accident one boring night). I told my brother about this cool new show I found and he told me there was a big fandom around it. I looked into it and soon got swept up in all the fun. Never looked back. :grin:

Now that I think about it more properly, the first pony video I ever saw probably wasn't initially enough to lure me into finding out more about the fandom. I strongly think the episode Ticket Master that I watched some time after seeing a couple of YTP:s was the thing that made me properly realize that I've found a new show to like. For that reason that specific episode feels quite nostalgic too. ^_^

Well time to tell my back story...  again.

I was watching a Fus Ro Dah montage with my best friend back in 2011 and we happened to see Fluttershy's famous "You're gonna love me" scene. My friend told me that this show was okay once you get past the fact its made for little girls. I didn't go looking up MLP, of anything I wanted nothing to do with it, though I had nothing against it. Eventually I discovered something called YouTube poop... saw a couple of Spongebob ones, so then I thought I wonder what the MLP ones are like. I watched YTPs of S1 and S2 MLP for a good month or so before I decided to go look at the show. At first I was like "what the fuck am I doing" then I was like "Huh, this isn't so bad after all" and then I was like "hahah, oh man that was pretty funny". On the first night of me watching MLP I binge watched 1/4th of the way through season 1. The show had also helped with my depression quite a lot... I had been going through a lot back then and I used MLP, and the fandom as a crutch. Eventually discovered this forum in 2014 and now I'm here in 2017, a fully grown adult who still watches ponies.

A friend of mine, a nonbrony ironicly, place stickers on his locker in school and so I began to watch the show and when I was done with watching s1 till s6 I catched up with the show at No Second Prances. And then I was so hyped that I began posting here on this forum. :)