Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could the show use a little romance?

ManaMinori

21 hours ago, Tilgoreth said:

In what universe does Rainbow x Lightning Dust work? Wouldn't Lightning hate Dash's guts? At least Gilda was shown too not be a total jerk. Lightning Dust has zero redeeming qualities. Also cough cough FlutterDash ftw.

You're right, RD and her friends nixed LD's dream of being a Wonderbolt.

I think current show focused more on romance this couple of seasons than ever. Big Mac gained a permanent love interest.

Discord seem to be heavily focused with Fluttershy for last 3 seasons. We might actually get mane6 shipped within next 2-3 seasons.

1 hour ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

Eh, sunburst is pretty much solidly shipped with Starlight at the moment. So he's shippable, just with a single specific individual only.

Yes, and that makes him unshippable with anything else. He is destined to be a Starlight romantic childhood add-on, and I don't give a shit for Starlight or her add-ons. But if someday our glorious writers manage to assassinate their own Marvel-esque new-age pony shit, I'll be there, laughing my ass off while shipping him with Twilight  :P

1 hour ago, Goat-kun said:

Yes, and that makes him unshippable with anything else. He is destined to be a Starlight romantic childhood add-on, and I don't give a shit for Starlight or her add-ons. But if someday our glorious writers manage to assassinate their own Marvel-esque new-age pony shit, I'll be there, laughing my ass off while shipping him with Twilight  :P

What's funny is, that while I HATE starlight, I actually very much like sunburst, and enjoy seeing him.

3 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

Discord is a needy old geezer, Shiny is a wimpy weakling of a husband, Mac romance gets more cringe with every new episode, Flash/Spruce are practically background characters with benefits, Sunburst is decent but unshippable, and Thorax is more hollow than Hollow Knight while possessing none of its heroic nature. To me, Spike is the only one among them who is shippable. He is important and developed enough while not being portrayed as creepy, weak, and/or stupid. He's even allowed to save the day and be witty to them girls without coming across as a total a-hole. And most importantly, he's not really tied to Rarity at this point.

Agreed on everything except the comments regarding Shining and Thorax. I like them both the way they are, Shining is more of a sweet guy while Thorax just seems shy. I wouldn't mind it if Spike had a love interest, or even if *gasp* a female dragon had a crush on him (princess Ember, cough)! 

I actually really would think it's pretty cool if Sunburst ended up with Twilight! I like their personalities, even if we haven't seen them react together much to really compare :huh:

28 minutes ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

What's funny is, that while I HATE starlight, I actually very much like sunburst, and enjoy seeing him.

I know. He's a good character. Which makes the STARLIGHT PASS EXCLUSIVE label on his flank so bucking annoying! Why can't he be in episodes without Starlight? She doesn't do magic study like Twilight. She doesn't get a massive hard-on when exposed to dusty old tomes. She just farts powerful spells left and right while being frustrated like a constipated granny. It doesn't even have to be Twilight. You can let him help AJ with some heritage stuff, or Pinkie with ancient recipes, etc.

26 minutes ago, Meeps said:

Agreed on everything except the comments regarding Shining and Thorax. I like them both the way they are, Shining is more of a sweet guy while Thorax just seems shy. I wouldn't mind it if Spike had a love interest, or even if *gasp* a female dragon had a crush on him (princess Ember, cough)! 

I actually really would think it's pretty cool if Sunburst ended up with Twilight! I like their personalities, even if we haven't seen them react together much to really compare :huh:

It's not like I hate-hate them. I just want to see them do something befitting of their positions as captain and king. They can be as nice and as shy as they want in the process, as long as they get shit done. Until then I'll give them a hard time.

We'll never get a Twilight and Sunburst episode. There is a higher chance of Celestia saving the day in the next two-parter.