Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Neon Lights - Aftermath

neonlights293

Hello! This is my first post here on MLP forums! Introducing you my song: Aftermath. This is a warlike song, I was inspired by some of the artwork from Rain-Gear and thought I wanted to do a song that could go with some of it and here it is! let me know what you think about it and I hope you enjoy the song!

some people thinks this contain spoilers but it doesn't at all.

"When all is said and done dear sister and you the 'light of Equestria' has extinguished all others tell me, will you be satisfied with your mountains of ash and ruin? Does this cup you choose to fill have a bottom? In a few minutes I will be ash like the countless others but I hope my words will help you recall in due time...remember what you once were my dearest elder sister..."

In Game Name:
Server Name :
Offense Banned for:
Staff member who banned you:
Dispute Reason:
  • Brohoof 3

Ok. 

It's an ok listen. However, your first drum line staled out early. You need to add more tom-tom fills. You may also start with a solo kick bringing everything in. 

Furthermore, you stuck to the tonic key of e minor, sticking in the iv and VI every so often. You need a solid 4-chord progression to help develop your ideas. Here are some suggestions. 

i-iv-VI-V

i-VI-iv-V

iv-VI-III-VII

You can even do 8-chord progressions sice you have a longer phrase like this

i-VI-III-VII-iv-VI-V-i

In terms of your sounds, ease up on the gating, even though it's soft. The gating becomes a distraction since it repeats all through the piece. In the beginning, an aroeggiated thin bass plucked lead would work over a phat sounding bass plucked lead holding the root of the chords. Your sawtooth lead is sounding too dry. Dial in some chorus and up the high-end a little to give it that bright edge. Watch what quality you upload your vids as well. Upload them in 720p or 1080p for best results. 

All in all, this piece could use quite a bit of work. It needed more idea development and less staling. I'm always here if you need me. Shoot me a PM at any time. I'll be willing to tutor you in music theory and synth design. 

21 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Ok. 

It's an ok listen. However, your first drum line staled out early. You need to add more tom-tom fills. You may also start with a solo kick bringing everything in. 

Furthermore, you stuck to the tonic key of e minor, sticking in the iv and VI every so often. You need a solid 4-chord progression to help develop your ideas. Here are some suggestions. 

i-iv-VI-V

i-VI-iv-V

iv-VI-III-VII

You can even do 8-chord progressions sice you have a longer phrase like this

i-VI-III-VII-iv-VI-V-i

In terms of your sounds, ease up on the gating, even though it's soft. The gating becomes a distraction since it repeats all through the piece. In the beginning, an aroeggiated thin bass plucked lead would work over a phat sounding bass plucked lead holding the root of the chords. Your sawtooth lead is sounding too dry. Dial in some chorus and up the high-end a little to give it that bright edge. Watch what quality you upload your vids as well. Upload them in 720p or 1080p for best results. 

All in all, this piece could use quite a bit of work. It needed more idea development and less staling. I'm always here if you need me. Shoot me a PM at any time. I'll be willing to tutor you in music theory and synth design. 

Thanks for your comment and your opinion on my song :)

That's an awesome song, climatic dance track, which actually seems to have a long, very interesting story behind that. That's kind of song, where a lot of people would want that in the intro of their videos, be aware of that :lol:

That's a solid 10/10 from me.

Besides that, @C. Thunder Dash, it looks like you're a true music professional, even like too much of it - you always explain to people every single part of a song, a melody, a beat, chords, key, kick, baseline... but when it goes to a technic of creating song, basically programming each sound and giving some advices for the future.

You're a materialist ^_^ The music is not only about every single step of it, it's about the whole track and the emotions and the mood, which are appearing to you while listening to the song, and then you can include some errors that you've found there and explain to the creator why is it bad and how easily this person could fix that in this song or later ones. :squee:

I'm surely not as professional as you (only 9 years of musical experience), but I'm just saying that there's a better way of reacting to music and expressing an opinion about it. Especially when not a lot of people know what are you writing about :lol::)

Thanks or reading :catface:

On 6/18/2017 at 10:51 AM, MC'01 said:

That's an awesome song, climatic dance track, which actually seems to have a long, very interesting story behind that. That's kind of song, where a lot of people would want that in the intro of their videos, be aware of that :lol:

That's a solid 10/10 from me.

Besides that, @C. Thunder Dash, it looks like you're a true music professional, even like too much of it - you always explain to people every single part of a song, a melody, a beat, chords, key, kick, baseline... but when it goes to a technic of creating song, basically programming each sound and giving some advices for the future.

You're a materialist ^_^ The music is not only about every single step of it, it's about the whole track and the emotions and the mood, which are appearing to you while listening to the song, and then you can include some errors that you've found there and explain to the creator why is it bad and how easily this person could fix that in this song or later ones. :squee:

I'm surely not as professional as you (only 9 years of musical experience), but I'm just saying that there's a better way of reacting to music and expressing an opinion about it. Especially when not a lot of people know what are you writing about :lol::)

Thanks or reading :catface:

Thanks for your comment! I am really glad you liked the song ^_^ , there is a lot of story behind it and why it was made in this way.