Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Anyone else getting the Xbox One X?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

I might as well sell my console then. Hell, I might as well give up on gaming altogether at this point. Can barely enjoy it anymore and everything is just shit. 

^Lmao! Wtf?

Dude, you have like 300 games on the Xbox. You bought and Xbox One fat, and got an S too... you might as well get yourself an X considering how big of an upgrade it would be for you. 

If you have no interest in p.c. gaming nor Ps4 exclusives, get the damn Xbox One X! There is no reason to not get it (unless ofc the money is an issue). $500 is definitely steep for what they are offering here. I think I called it before E3; something along the lines of "If that Scorpio is anything above $350, I'll riot!" xD

But yeah, dude, as I stated before, you are one of the few people I would actually recommend the Xbox One X to. Can always sell your S would would essentially cut the price tag in half :P 

Some of us other gamers simply cannot stand gimped CPU's facilitating much lesser frame rates. 30 fps honestly hurts my eyes after playing so many 60 fps titles. Even smooth locked 30 fps like in Horizon Zero Dawn e.e Xbox One X plain and simple AIN'T doing 60 fps locked on all their games. I wish it was, and I wish they had invested the extra $50 into an actually "passable" CPU like around 3 Ghz or something. 2.3 is from the freaking stone ages! (And yes, Sony should be called out for their poor excuse for a CPU in the Ps4 Pro too!)

3 minutes ago, Zyrael said:

what kind of name is xbox one x

didn't the last console just come out?

Nah, the Xbox One S came out last year. This one isn't coming til late 2017. 

I actually like the name Xbox One X. Idk, it reminds me of all the "Xtreme" 90s advertisements xD Although, admittedly, it will prolly cause hella confusion. "Xbox One S" and "Xbox One X" sound rather similar when pronounced out loud lol

Edited by K.Rool Addict

Just now, K.Rool Addict said:

^Lmao! Wtf?

Dude, you have like 300 games on the Xbox. You bought and Xbox One fat, and got an S too... you might as well get yourself an X considering how big of an upgrade it would be for you. 

If you have no interest in p.c. gaming nor Ps4 exclusives, get the damn Xbox One X! There is no reason to not get it (unless ofc the money is an issue). $500 is definitely steep for what they are offering here. I think I called it before E3; something along the lines of "If that Scorpio is anything above $350, I'll riot!" xD

But yeah, dude, as I stated before, you are one of the few people I would actually recommend the Xbox One X to. Can always sell your S would would essentially cut the price tag in half :P 

Some of us other gamers simply cannot stand gimped CPU's facilitating much lesser frame rates. 30 fps honestly hurts my eyes after playing so many 60 fps titles. Even smooth locked 30 fps like in Horizon Zero Dawn e.e Xbox One X plain and simple AIN'T doing 60 fps locked on all their games. I wish it was, and I wish they had invested the extra $50 into an actually "passable" CPU like around 3 Ghz or something. 2.3 is from the freaking stone ages! (And yes, Sony should be called out for their poor excuse for a CPU in the Ps4 Pro too!)

What does it matter? I mean, according to almost everyone else in this thread I would be buying a useless pile of shit so there isn't much of a point. And there isn't much else in gaming except corporate greed and people constantly going on about the absolute best hardware which I would never be able to afford anyways. Can't be excited for anything in this industry anymore. If the companies don't make it impossible to be excited, gamers will do that just fine.

Just now, Kyoshi said:

What does it matter? I mean, according to almost everyone else in this thread I would be buying a useless pile of shit so there isn't much of a point.

Pfft! What do you care about what the people in this thread say? Don't let that hold you back from having a better experience for yourself! You already told me and the rest of the forums you "don't give a shit about pc gaming" and I believe you also said something along the lines of "I don't care about exclusives".

^If you honestly feel this way, then getting the Xbox One X is simply your best course of action! Also, the Xbox One X is certainly not a "useless pile of shit"; it just has one component inside of it that IS a "useless pile of shit" xD Al the other components in the Xbox One X are actually extremely impressive ESPECIALLY considering just how tiny the console is.

2 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

And there isn't much else in gaming except corporate greed and people constantly going on about the absolute best hardware which I would never be able to afford anyways. Can't be excited for anything in this industry anymore. If the companies don't make it impossible to be excited, gamers will do that just fine.

Well, I certainly cannot deny that. These corporations are real shit suckers lol. But do not fret! It is perfectly "A-OK" to purchase products from a company without having a positive emotional connection to them! I'll buy the Switch eventually even though I hate modern day Nintendo. Why? Because the product offers me a few select things that I value. BotW and Super Mario Odyssey. There will also be a new Pokemon Rpg on it eventually, and I certainly don't want to miss out on an event like that! Nintendo is still on my shit list, but I don't feel like I am "betraying myself" or any nonsense like that just because am "supporting" them. :o 

With Micro$oft, you should at least be happy that they give their consumers so many good deals and shit. They have been backed into a corner by Sony and this is the reason they keep up with the consumer friendly policies. It's simple business. If Sony were the ones in 2nd place, they would likely be taking the same approach as Microsoft right now. 

So, what I'm saying is... don't let all the bullshit surrounding these companies turn you off to gaming entirely! If it bothers you this much, I would suggest just ignoring all the hate and toxicity surrounding the whole console gaming space. What matters is what the product provides YOU with, not other people who think it isn't "good enough".

=^-^=

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, K.Rool Addict said:

Pfft! What do you care about what the people in this thread say? Don't let that hold you back from having a better experience for yourself! You already told me and the rest of the forums you "don't give a shit about pc gaming" and I believe you also said something along the lines of "I don't care about exclusives".

^If you honestly feel this way, then getting the Xbox One X is simply your best course of action! Also, the Xbox One X is certainly not a "useless pile of shit"; it just has one component inside of it that IS a "useless pile of shit" xD Al the other components in the Xbox One X are actually extremely impressive ESPECIALLY considering just how tiny the console is.

Well, I certainly cannot deny that. These corporations are real shit suckers lol. But do not fret! It is perfectly "A-OK" to purchase products from a company without having a positive emotional connection to them! I'll buy the Switch eventually even though I hate modern day Nintendo. Why? Because the product offers me a few select things that I value. BotW and Super Mario Odyssey. There will also be a new Pokemon Rpg on it eventually, and I certainly don't want to miss out on an event like that! Nintendo is still on my shit list, but I don't feel like I am "betraying myself" or any nonsense like that just because am "supporting" them. :o 

With Micro$oft, you should at least be happy that they give their consumers so many good deals and shit. They have been backed into a corner by Sony and this is the reason they keep up with the consumer friendly policies. It's simple business. If Sony were the ones in 2nd place, they would likely be taking the same approach as Microsoft right now. 

So, what I'm saying is... don't let all the bullshit surrounding these companies turn you off to gaming entirely! If it bothers you this much, I would suggest just ignoring all the hate and toxicity surrounding the whole console gaming space. What matters is what the product provides YOU with, not other people who think it isn't "good enough".

=^-^=

That last bit about avoiding the toxicity, I would love to do that, but it seems you cannot go to any place on the internet without running into it. It brings my enthusiasm down quite a bit. 

I will still get the X, but by the time it comes out I will probably see enough comments to not have any excitement towards doing so. 

10 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

That last bit about avoiding the toxicity, I would love to do that, but it seems you cannot go to any place on the internet without running into it. It brings my enthusiasm down quite a bit. 

I will still get the X, but by the time it comes out I will probably see enough comments to not have any excitement towards doing so. 

Aww, thats stupid. No reason to let others make your enthusiasm lesser than it would be otherwise.

Everyone was telling me Season 5 of MLP:FiM was trash. Then I watched it all in one go to see if they were right. Hell, I actually watched it on Christmas Eve -> Christmas morning. The results? I'll let this image I made several months ago do the talking:

e46b97fb725bbad6803149106b01482588328426_s1_n1.jpg

^This is ofc, my opinion, but you get the idea lol. 

With gaming you've gotta remember, the criticism keeps the industry improving. If whiny pc elitists and dissatisfied/ jealous console gamers weren't constantly complaining about how horrendously weak and outdated the base Ps4 and Xbone were, we wouldn't have gotten these mid generation upgrades. If people didn't bitch and whine (and not buy) the Wii U, Nintendo never would have made the Switch. The console wars and toxicity surrounding gaming drives each respective side to bring their best to the table, therefore it is a necessary evil as far as I am concerned. 

1 hour ago, K.Rool Addict said:

Aww, thats stupid. No reason to let others make your enthusiasm lesser than it would be otherwise.

Everyone was telling me Season 5 of MLP:FiM was trash. Then I watched it all in one go to see if they were right. Hell, I actually watched it on Christmas Eve -> Christmas morning. The results? I'll let this image I made several months ago do the talking:

e46b97fb725bbad6803149106b01482588328426_s1_n1.jpg

^This is ofc, my opinion, but you get the idea lol. 

With gaming you've gotta remember, the criticism keeps the industry improving. If whiny pc elitists and dissatisfied/ jealous console gamers weren't constantly complaining about how horrendously weak and outdated the base Ps4 and Xbone were, we wouldn't have gotten these mid generation upgrades. If people didn't bitch and whine (and not buy) the Wii U, Nintendo never would have made the Switch. The console wars and toxicity surrounding gaming drives each respective side to bring their best to the table, therefore it is a necessary evil as far as I am concerned. 

I guess I wish people wouldn't that in such a provocative manner. I just want to enjoy gaming and I want others to do so as well. Sometimes it seems like some people don't want to do that. 

Either way, I was in a very bad mood earlier, hence my posts and whatnot.

2 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Either way, I was in a very bad mood earlier, hence my posts and whatnot.

Aww, see how cute my Kyoshi-kun is? 

tenor.gif

3 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

I guess I wish people wouldn't that in such a provocative manner. I just want to enjoy gaming and I want others to do so as well. Sometimes it seems like some people don't want to do that. 

Too many "fans" act like little kids to be perfectly honest. "Oh you bought an Xbox One? Go kill yourself" lol.

Idk, I watch Digital Foundry videos like all the freaking time. I just love how mature and thorough their videos are (+ the smexy British accents ^///^). But the comments section is like a battleground filled with 2nd graders xD 

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:22 AM, K.Rool Addict said:

Ah, here we go. Finally someone who speaks my language =^-^=

We get it, you have many problems with the X. We do not need any more elaboration on it.

And as for the Destiny 2 thing: While devs are allowed to make their FPS higher on the X, it doesn't mean that they always will. Activision is a sleazy company that will take no risks. They most likely do not want people getting discouraged because one version doesn't run as well as another, so they may have a huge part in it. The way I see it, if Bungie could get Destiny to run at 60fps on the ORIGINAL systems, there is no way in hell they can't get the sequel to the same framrate on a more powerful version of that system.

(edited)

Personally, I'd love to get one. (I wish it came in white though)

But I can't justify the purchase because I don't have a 4K TV. I understand that those of us with 1080p HD TV's will stlll get a better experience thanks to the enhancements with the X, but I'd rather get it strictly for 4K gaming.

I already have an OG Xbox One, which I love. Unfortunately it's been collecting dust since December when Shantae Half Genie Hero came out. However I know that's not going to last long, with games like Cuphead, Sea of Thieves, and Shadow of War coming out this holiday.

Edited by takai

21 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

We get it, you have many problems with the X. We do not need any more elaboration on it.

9 hours ago, takai said:

Personally, I'd love to get one. (I wish it came in white though)

^One problem I have yet to mention, Kyoshi. The thing is ugly as sin >.>

xbox-one-x-ed.jpg

^https://youtu.be/0m1-MuvUjWo?t=2m10s

It's literally a freaking box with no charm or design whatsoever! I mean, at least the Ps4 Pro had a cool look to it:

maxresdefault.jpg

ps4_7000_11-970x647-c.jpg

Idk... sometimes I kinda get attached to a console's design. It makes me overlook its shortcomings. Like the Dreamcast for example. That thing is bloody adorable! >.<

But with Xbox One X... it just looks like a shabby black brick e.e

Kyoshi !!!! ARE YOU AWARE THAT THE MOTHERFUCKING "DUKE" CONTROLLER IS COMING TO XBOX ONE!? HOLY SHIT WTF HAX!?!?!?!?

^^^https://youtu.be/hFAttNDwTik?t=16m20s^^^

DUUUUDE. That controller was so fucking FLAWLESS! I can't believe its finally coming back! \(^o^)/ Back when I was like 10 yrs old I would go over to my gf's house all the time and we'd play Xbox all day long! The controller was so round and big and PERFECTION! Six face buttons, thats right MOTHERFUCKER! Anyone who claims this controller is only comfortable for people with big hands is a complete fraud. My hands have always been small and as a 10 yr old kid they were even smaller. You can imagine that my girl's hands were even smallerand thinner than mine considering she was like 9 at the time U.U So what I'm saying is, this controller is like the most nostalgic and comfortable thing my hands have ever experienced! Thank the LORD those rumors actually turned out true! HOLY SHIT man Q.Q I need to lie down lmao

15 hours ago, K.Rool Addict said:

Kyoshi !!!! ARE YOU AWARE THAT THE MOTHERFUCKING "DUKE" CONTROLLER IS COMING TO XBOX ONE!? HOLY SHIT WTF HAX!?!?!?!?

^^^https://youtu.be/hFAttNDwTik?t=16m20s^^^

DUUUUDE. That controller was so fucking FLAWLESS! I can't believe its finally coming back! \(^o^)/ Back when I was like 10 yrs old I would go over to my gf's house all the time and we'd play Xbox all day long! The controller was so round and big and PERFECTION! Six face buttons, thats right MOTHERFUCKER! Anyone who claims this controller is only comfortable for people with big hands is a complete fraud. My hands have always been small and as a 10 yr old kid they were even smaller. You can imagine that my girl's hands were even smallerand thinner than mine considering she was like 9 at the time U.U So what I'm saying is, this controller is like the most nostalgic and comfortable thing my hands have ever experienced! Thank the LORD those rumors actually turned out true! HOLY SHIT man Q.Q I need to lie down lmao

Oh god that's horrible.

Just now, K.Rool Addict said:

What's horrible about it? >.>

That controller is legit!

That was one of the worst things about the original Xbox. Almost as bad as the N64 controller.

Just now, Celli said:

That was one of the worst things about the original Xbox. Almost as bad as the N64 controller.

N64 controller I'll definitely have to agree with. That thing was uncomfortable af. The weird positioning of the control stick certainly didn't help.

But the DUKE is so perfect <3 Never before have I felt a more comfortable controller =^-^= The only issue with it that I can remember was the D-pad... then again, I never really played any games on it that used the D-pad much (remember I never owned the thing lmao. I'm not about to buy games for a system I didn't own myself >.<).

But yeah, man that controller was like, so good... I am starting to think that the large size of this controller miight just be more comfortable for smaller hands, opposed to popular belief! I have heard so many people on Youtube or on other forums say how "I have big hands but this thing is still uncomfortable". Never heard someone complain about it with smaller hands >.>

So idk, maybe it's just some weird ergonomic thing for ppl with thinner, and smaller hands. I know my DS Lite and original model 3DS were insanely uncomfortable (I'd lose circulation in my hands after like 30 min lol. I'd always be pausing to rub em on my shirt just to get the blood going again. And this is when I was even as young as like 14-15 yrs old :o )

2 minutes ago, Celli said:

@K.Rool Addict But it's so.... big.

Big is good! I mean, there are limits, of course: https://youtu.be/AknyR-kRvLc?t=8m28s

But you get the idea! >.< 

It's not just the size that makes it so good, either >.> The face button placement is, like, sooo good. Also, there are 6 of them! Six right-sided face buttons on a standard controller? Unheard of!

The sticks were good, the triggers were good... I mean, what is there to dislike about this controller? >.>

My all time favorite controllers:

#1 The DUKE

#2 Wavebird

#3 Standard Gamecube

#4 Xbox 360

#5 Ps4

(honorable mention goes to the Xbox One and its IMMACULATE force feedback triggers! /)^3^(\ Those things are so damn good I wish I could mod any of the above controller with em, since everything else about the Xbone controller is just no good)

The Duke controller is one of the most interesting controller designs in gaming, to me. It is big, but I always found the design to be really cool. If they can give it the same quality as the excellent Xbox One controller which is my favorite controller ever, I will buy it. Never owned an original Duke controller so it will be a new experience. :P

• Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

The Duke controller is one of the most interesting controller designs in gaming, to me. It is big, but I always found the design to be really cool. If they can give it the same quality as the excellent Xbox One controller which is my favorite controller ever, I will buy it. Never owned an original Duke controller so it will be a new experience. :P

Hope you have big hands, as the main problem with the controller is the buttons are spaced somewhat far apart.

Honestly that's the only issue with the Duke, it's just.... huge:blink: Like it's a well designed controller, just not for people with small hands :lol:

7 minutes ago, Celli said:

Hope you have big hands, as the main problem with the controller is the buttons are spaced somewhat far apart.

Honestly that's the only issue with the Duke, it's just.... huge:blink: Like it's a well designed controller, just not for people with small hands :lol:

-.-

But I have small hands... and when I was a kid my hands were even smaller! And I can tell ya right now, that controller is the single most comfortable one I have used in my life >.<

The only buttons that are difficult to press are the start and select :o Maybe the right stick to a very minimal degree as well (but honestly it's not any more awkward than the left stick placement on Playstation controllers)

Also @Kyoshi, how long have you been loyal to the Xbox brand? Only since the Xbone? With a name like "Kyoshi" I'd assume you'd be more into the Japanese side of console gaming >.> Why deprive yourself of all those amazing Japanese Ps4 exclusive experiences? Q.Q

• 3 years later...