Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Only Twilight Is Rewarded?

Ponyvilion

In Season 3, Twilight becomes an alicorn, then later after the defeat of Tirek,
a castle replaces her old library. But even though her friends
helped in both cases, they don't seem to earn anything themselves. It makes them feel like
filler characters in my opinion, the only ones that appear important to the story are Starlight Glimmer and Twilight. I think it would have felt better if some of her friends
lived in Twilights castle too, or if a couple of them were important to saving
equestria on their own, like what Glimmer went through. I don't think making all of them an alicorn is a good solution though. What do you think?

That's true, it was a team effort. At least in season 2 they were all rewarded for their actions! Season 3 did only seem to reward Twilight. Season 4, they were all rewarded with their own thrones, so it's basically their castle too! But they still have their own homes, and Twilight was the only one without one.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Ponyvilion said:

helped in both cases, they don't seem to earn anything themselves. It makes them feel like
filler characters in my opinion, the only ones that appear important to the story are Starlight Glimmer and Twilight. I think it would have felt better if some of her friends
equestria on their own, like what Glimmer went through. I don't think making all of them an alicorn is a good solution though. What do you think?

The Mane 5 don't live in the castle because they still have their old homes! Don't forget that the Mane 6 and Spike got their own thrones in the Cutie Map room! I hardly call that unrewarded!

5941f240a094d_FriendshipCastleThroneRoom.jpg.4ef50b9d0ed6c4b970e34aeebb54d5c0.jpg

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

Well the other mane 5 have their own lives, but they have their spots within the castle and the cutie map calls on 2 individuals in which Twilight is not always called like when Applejack and Rarity were sent to solve the issue with the play, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash were sent to help the griffons and Applejack and Fluttershy were sent to Viva Las Pegasus etc so Twilight is not always the shining star the others do have their spots and recognition.

Edited by chaosprincess

2 minutes ago, Ponyvilion said:

Yeah you're right, i'm probably overthinking it.

I do agree that Twilight does get a lot more attention then the other mane 5 members and now Starlight Glimmer is taking that spot from Twilight so your not 100% wrong she does get more attention then the others, but the others do get noticed in other ways and live out their lives/dreams.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
23 minutes ago, Ponyvilion said:

the S4 finale actually fixed this somewhat by giving the other 5 Thrones as well; the intent of that, and their connection to the map was to show that it was ALL their castle, not just twilights-- twilight lived there, but their thrones and the Map proved that it was something that essentially belonged to all of them, like the EOH.

THAT BEING SAID, this went STRAIGHT down the toilet almost immediately afterwards due to the map, the thrones, ect. being pretty underwhelming and unimportant, with absolutely no real importance in missions ("Find random hillbillies in the hills! Find random show ponies in las pegasus!"). Hell, the ONLY pony who actually seems to have had an important connection to the map was/is, ironically, Starlight glimmer, since the only two truly important missions have all been related to her (Stop her from creating a cult and enslaving a town, Fix the friendship of the two immortal god princesses of equestria).

if anything, the map seems more dedicated to starlight than the mane six now, despite her not having a throne-- not like its stopping her from being linked to the table

I rather agree with you that its gone pretty downhill, but they at least TRIED for about 5 minutes to fix that issue, and had an "out" of sorts.

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 2

Well, that's basically the main reason why I dislike "Magical Mystery Cure," but it's also a big reason why I appreciate "Twilight's Kingdom" so much; the latter episode emphasized just how important Twilight's friends are, and I was quite happy that they all got their own thrones in Twilight's castle. After that I don't think Twilight has gained too many more significant rewards, and technically the only two-parter to revolve around only Twilight and Starlight is the S5 finale; I felt the S6 premiere had a reason to be Starlight-focused, and the S6 finale was a group effort. But then, I don't really watch this show for "importance to the story" anymore, so those more low-stakes episodes starring the other characters are actually some of my favourites, and I find the careers of Rarity and Rainbow Dash in particular just as exciting as big monsters and royal drama. 

• Brohoof 1

On June 14, 2017 at 10:28 PM, Ponyvilion said:

^Here's what I think, OP. 

All of the Mane6 ponies need to gain the ability to transform into their Rainbow Power ascended forms at will. 

rainbowfied_main_six_by_thisismyphotosho

^Maybe tone down the designs a tad to make them a little less... well, stupid lol >.> 

While in these super forms, the ponies obviously gain access to incredible powers unbeknownst to the rest of ponykind! Bring a little more "action" back into the show ala Lauren Faust's original vision. Let the Mane6 traverse the lands outside of Equestria and vanquish evil in their wake. Starlight can maintain the homefront back in Ponyville. Let that basket case relax for once. Spike can accompany her back at the castle and help her calm down using his incredible wit and charisma. We can have all kinds of shenanigans like Spike x Starlight x Big Macintosh DnD sessions, Trixie moseying on through the castle and disorganizing Twilight's book collection, Celestia sending requests for Starlight to take care of in Twilight's absence (and Glim Glim's inevitable panic attacks thereafter)... etc!

That is my proposition, at least ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Brohoof 3

It is sad that main characters are not allowed to have their own little heroic stories. The Movie is the only viable excuse that does not make our glorious writers look like incompetent and malfeasant idiots. Yes, I am bashing the staff for stagnating Mane 6 and giving all influential episodes to their own pet. Come at me Starfoals! Whisper me them dank episode numbers like it matters.

Well, yeah, Twi being the main face of FiM is obviously she'd get special treatment, but she, alongside the Mane6 got the silly rainbow power, so there's that. They got their thrones for the occasional friendship problem, but they also have their own lives to take care off. I would love the rest of the Mane6 become alicorns too however :fluttershy:

(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:45 PM, K.Rool Addict said:

All of the Mane6 ponies need to gain the ability to transform into their Rainbow Power ascended forms at will. 

^Maybe tone down the designs a tad to make them a little less... well, stupid lol >.> 

While in these super forms, the ponies obviously gain access to incredible powers unbeknownst to the rest of ponykind! Bring a little more "action" back into the show ala Lauren Faust's original vision. Let the Mane6 traverse the lands outside of Equestria and vanquish evil in their wake. Starlight can maintain the homefront back in Ponyville. Let that basket case relax for once. Spike can accompany her back at the castle and help her calm down using his incredible wit and charisma. We can have all kinds of shenanigans like Spike x Starlight x Big Macintosh DnD sessions, Trixie moseying on through the castle and disorganizing Twilight's book collection, Celestia sending requests for Starlight to take care of in Twilight's absence (and Glim Glim's inevitable panic attacks thereafter)... etc!

Pretty much this.

I don't care if it's the Rainbow Powers, or whatever powers they're using in the arc.  They definitely need to be able to access them individually, and give them individual abilities and powers that they can use without being in a group.  Maybe give them one big attack they can only use when they're together against the tougher enemies, but outside of that they should each also have their own individual powers with unique moves for each of them.  I know it sounds like something out of Sailor Moon, but this would allow each of the six to have their own epic storylines, and villain arcs wouldn't have to center around Twilight all of the time. 

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 2

On 6/16/2017 at 0:45 AM, K.Rool Addict said:

You basically just said "They need to do it like Equestria girls" more or less for the EOH.