Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

TS Lightner

@age3rcm  Well, I completed the script for Culture Swap, with the pre-intro scene having been storyboarded by myself.  Currently, I don't have an available second storyboard artist, no animators whatsoever, I've only got a Fluttershy, Applebloom, and Twilight cast (still need to check if they're still available/interested), and while I've got a couple potential VAs for Pearl Necklace (one-shot [currently], who's the main antagonist for Culture Swap), I have no good auditions for Applejack.

I'm not giving up, but gathering a crew is beginning to seem like an impossible task.

13 hours ago, Misscellanio said:

Berry Punch is a mother to Scootaloo? Why? XD XD XD

It was mostly random picking of a background pony.  :P  I does kind of work though, because if Berry's talent is related to creating fruity drinks or something, then she probably runs her own stand, and therefore wouldn't have much time to be with Scoot.  I would imagine she also has a more crazy/silly/wild personality, which could work in relation to Scootaloo, who does have a more wild personality.  So I guess it was a semi-educated random choice.

2 hours ago, Superplay64 said:

It was mostly random picking of a background pony.  :P  I does kind of work though, because if Berry's talent is related to creating fruity drinks or something, then she probably runs her own stand, and therefore wouldn't have much time to be with Scoot.  I would imagine she also has a more crazy/silly/wild personality, which could work in relation to Scootaloo, who does have a more wild personality.  So I guess it was a semi-educated random choice.

You could have just created an original pony. 

But hey, that's just me XD

3 hours ago, Superplay64 said:

I figured, why not give some depth to existing Ponyville residents?  :dash:

Ah I see. Seems really fanficy to me. 

But still interested

On 12/29/2018 at 10:15 PM, Bas said:

I don't mean to downtalk, but wasn't there another big project here soemwhere? With some form of exemplary trailer? (Anypony got the topic?)

Maybe you should join forces together?

As far as I know, this is the only project with the intention of creating show-style episodes using the same setting and characters, but it would be interesting to find another one with the same production goals.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, FlareGun45 said:

I can be a writer if you need one of those!

At the moment, I don't necessarily need writers (as I plan to write at least the first five episodes myself), but potentially in the future I may put together a writing staff, so don't let your hope die too fast.

• Brohoof 1

On 6/15/2017 at 1:40 PM, Virtual Click said:

So Friendship is Magic is ending after next season, but that doesn't mean we have to let the story end!  DHX is no longer going to be producing pony after Season 9, but who's to say we can't?  I know there are plenty of Flash Animators, Storyboard Artists, Music Editors, ponies who can do nearly identical impressions to characters from the show, ect., and if we all came together to collaborate, we as a fandom could keep making our own episodes of pony, well beyond the end of it's TV life.  We can save the story from ending, we can keep the Equestria we know and love to continue progressing!

How can you help? If you can do an awesome imitation of a pony from the show, if you know how to animate in Flash, if you can storyboard, if you can create backgrounds, if you can edit and/or create background music, ect., we can use all the help we can get!  This is no easy task, and every helping hoof well help!  So make sure to spread the news of this!

What if I don't have any of these skills?  Don't fret!  You can still help!  Just spread the word about the project to anypony who might be able to help!

I would like to note, that this will be all voluntary work, I want to keep this project as far away from financial gain as I can.

For most of the crew, just send me in a sample of what you can do.  These episodes will be made in the style of FiM itself, so keep that in mind when creating your samples.

It's a little bit more specific for voice actors/actresses.  You MUST have a clear mic with no white noise, and you MUST provide a voice sample of the character you are auditioning for.  No foul and/or inappropriate language in the voice samples!  Voice samples are accepted in MP3, WAV, OGG, and FLAC file formats.  ALSO, don't be discouraged if somepony else has said they could do a voice.  This is not a first come-first serve basis.  I will review any voice samples I get, and choose which ones I feel are the best, and even if you don't get a mane role, you still might be cast as a background/extra voice.  If you're looking for a microphone, the Blue Microphones - Yeti, or the Yeti Nano, should be two good microphone options.

The voices I will need for the pilot episode are:

For canon characters:

• Applejack
  • Applebloom
  • Big Mac
  • Granny Smith
  • Fluttershy
  • Berry Punch (SHE'S NOT A DRUNK!!! She's a quite responsible mother to Scootaloo)
  • Scootaloo
  • Twilight Sparkle

For the original characters:

• File Clip: A nice, upper class stallion Earth Pony who lives in an apartment in Manehatten.  Not much of an accent, a pretty average adult male voice, not too deep, not too light.
  • Marble Hoof: File Clip's nice Earth Pony wife.  Not much of an accent either, a smooth average female voice of a mare in her mid-late 20s to 30s.
  • Pearl Necklace: File Clip and Marble Hoof's, (very) bratty daughter, who doesn't like the idea of being in the student exchange program.  A squeaky teenage voice, who talks in a bratty tone most of the time.

Re-occurring characters I will need voices for if the pilot is approved (initial occurrence most likely within the first five episodes).

• Twilight Sparkle
  • Rainbow Dash
  • Fluttershy
  • Pinkie Pie
  • Applejack
  • Rarity
  • Spike
  • Starlight Glimmer
  • Trixie Luamoon
  • Maud Pie
  • Applebloom
  • Sweetie Belle
  • Scootaloo
  • Diamond Tiara
  • Silver Spoon
  • Berry Punch
  • Zecora
  • Derpy "Ditzy" Hooves
  • Princess Celestia
  • Princess Luna
  • (pretty sure Celly and Luna will be re-occurring)
  • Buster Bighoof: The leader of the new trio of bullies at the Ponyville Schoolhouse.  A stereotypical late teenage male bully.
  • Jab Chalk: Another one of the bullies in Buster's Trio, who sometimes can be a voice of reason.  Another stereotypical late teenage male bully.
  • Needle Eye: The third member of Buster's Trio, and the one who might not have all his marbles.  Again, a stereotypical late teenage male bully, but with a small bit more craziness in his voice.

There will certainly be other ponies' voices I'll need eventually, and I can always use background/extra voices, so even if you don't match anypony on the list, feel free to audition as a background/extra voice if you wish!

This is a list of the names of the first five episodes, along with their synopses.

• E1&2: Equestria's Secret Pt 1&2:  Princess Celestia and Luna invite Twilight and her friends to a secret meeting in Canterlot Castle, not to recite the story of Hearth's Warming, but to reveal Equestria's true past.
  • E3 (Pilot): Culture Swap:  Applejack sets Applebloom up to be in the summer student exchange program, but Applebloom doesn't want to go.  However, the exchange week might turn out to be more difficult for Applejack rather than Applebloom.
  • E4: Baby Carrot:  When the CMC are asked to watch Fluttershy's animals for an evening, the fillies accept, only to be overwhelmed, and Applebloom decides to take the 'Emergency Potion' to be able to communicate with the animals.  Thanks to an accidental extra ingredient though, the potion has some unexpected behavior, that might just seal Applebloom's fate as a mindless garden eater.
  • E5: Out With the Old Cutie Mark, in With the New:  When Pinkie Pie thinks that her parties are no longer appreciated, she begs Starlight to give her a new Cutie Mark.  Starlight reluctantly agrees, and all seems well with Pinkie Pie and her new Cutie Mark.  That is, until the new Cutie Mark makes Pinkie focus on her new fancy restaurant more than her friends.

All proper position volunteering and voice sample auditions should be e-mailed to this address: friendshipisnotmagicfanproject@gmail.com (you can also ask in the thread, but you must have an e-mail regardless if you asked in the thread or not.)  There is also a Casting Call Club page if you prefer to audition via that.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them in this thread.

Thank You for taking the time to read this!

-SP64

I was wondering if I can be a writer for the series! I have ALOT of Ideas for Episodes for this new show! Also what youtube channel will it be on?

Just now, hubworld23 said:

I was wondering if I can be a writer for the series! I have ALOT of Ideas for Episodes for this new show! Also what youtube channel will it be on?

Well, at the moment, I'm not focused on gaining writers (I'm planning to write at least the first five episodes), but potentially in the future I may put together a writing staff, so don't let your hope die too fast (your optimism and 'amount' reminds me of myself, so I'll see if I can get in contact with you if and when I decide to put a writing staff together.

As for what channel, it will be an independent channel specific for the series.

• Brohoof 1

Awsome! How does my Optimism remind you of well... You? Weit it be on Youtube?

Yes, on YouTube.

As for the optimism, if you were to dig up some old posts of mine, you'd see me mentioning that I have over 50 episode ideas for FiM. :P

Just now, Virtual Click said:

Yes, on YouTube.

As for the optimism, if you were to dig up some old posts of mine, you'd see me mentioning that I have over 50 episode ideas for FiM. :P

What'a the plan for the release date for the new show... And have you heard the Flash could be discontinued in June will you still continue the show! Cuz I wanna see it.

What'a the plan for the release date for the new show... And have you heard the Flash could be discontinued in June will you still continue the show! Cuz I wanna see it.

I believe that was Web-based Flash.  I think Adobe Animate will still exist.

As for a release date: Just a good old fashioned "It'll be done when it's done."

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Virtual Click said:

@DitsyDo @hubworld23

Do you think you could send a demo tape at all?

Sure! I can either send it to you in pm or if you’re on Equestria Amino, I’m Tabby there and I can show you examples. I also have a friend that can do very show accurate Discord.