Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

TS Lightner

(edited)

So Friendship is Magic is ending after next season, but that doesn't mean we have to let the story end!  DHX is no longer going to be producing pony after Season 9, but who's to say we can't?  I know there are plenty of Flash Animators, Storyboard Artists, Music Editors, ponies who can do nearly identical impressions to characters from the show, ect., and if we all came together to collaborate, we as a fandom could keep making our own episodes of pony, well beyond the end of it's TV life.  We can save the story from ending, we can keep the Equestria we know and love to continue progressing!

How can you help? If you can do an awesome imitation of a pony from the show, if you know how to animate in Flash, if you can storyboard, if you can create backgrounds, if you can edit and/or create background music, ect., we can use all the help we can get!  This is no easy task, and every helping hoof well help!  So make sure to spread the news of this!

What if I don't have any of these skills?  Don't fret!  You can still help!  Just spread the word about the project to anypony who might be able to help!

I would like to note, that this will be all voluntary work, I want to keep this project as far away from financial gain as I can.

For most of the crew, just send me in a sample of what you can do.  These episodes will be made in the style of FiM itself, so keep that in mind when creating your samples.

It's a little bit more specific for voice actors/actresses.  You MUST have a clear mic with no white noise, and you MUST provide a voice sample of the character you are auditioning for.  No foul and/or inappropriate language in the voice samples!  Voice samples are accepted in MP3, WAV, OGG, and FLAC file formats.  ALSO, don't be discouraged if somepony else has said they could do a voice.  This is not a first come-first serve basis.  I will review any voice samples I get, and choose which ones I feel are the best, and even if you don't get a mane role, you still might be cast as a background/extra voice.  If you're looking for a microphone, the Blue Microphones - Yeti, or the Yeti Nano, should be two good microphone options.

The voices I will need for the pilot episode are:

For canon characters:

• Applejack
  • Applebloom
  • Big Mac
  • Granny Smith
  • Fluttershy
  • Berry Punch (non-alcoholic interpretation)
  • Scootaloo
  • Twilight Sparkle

For the original characters:

• File Clip: A nice, upper class stallion Earth Pony who lives in an apartment in Manehatten.  Not much of an accent, a pretty average adult male voice, not too deep, not too light.
  • Marble Hoof: File Clip's nice Earth Pony wife.  Not much of an accent either, a smooth average female voice of a mare in her mid-late 20s to 30s.
  • Pearl Necklace: File Clip and Marble Hoof's, (very) bratty daughter, who doesn't like the idea of being in the student exchange program.  A squeaky teenage voice, who talks in a bratty tone most of the time.

Re-occurring characters I will need voices for if the pilot is approved (initial occurrence most likely within the first five episodes).

• Twilight Sparkle
  • Rainbow Dash
  • Fluttershy
  • Pinkie Pie
  • Applejack
  • Rarity
  • Spike
  • Starlight Glimmer
  • Trixie Luamoon
  • Maud Pie
  • Applebloom
  • Sweetie Belle
  • Scootaloo
  • Diamond Tiara
  • Silver Spoon
  • Zecora
  • Derpy "Ditzy" Hooves
  • Princess Celestia
  • Princess Luna
  • (pretty sure Celly and Luna will be re-occurring)

There will certainly be other ponies' voices I'll need eventually, and I can always use background/extra voices, so even if you don't match anypony on the list, feel free to audition as a background/extra voice if you wish!

All proper position volunteering and voice sample auditions should be e-mailed to this address: friendshipisnotmagicfanproject@gmail.com (you can also ask in the thread, but you must have an e-mail regardless if you asked in the thread or not.)  There is also a Casting Call Club page if you prefer to audition via that.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them in this thread.

Thank You for taking the time to read this!

-TS Lightner

Edited by TS Lightner
  • Brohoof 2

I would love to give some Voice Acting a try...I can do a pretty decent Fluttershy and Applejack impression. Honestly I could try my hand at any of the ponies. But this seems like a pretty fun project to be a part of. Is there a deadline to send you the voice samples? 

52 minutes ago, Elliethepegasus said:

I would love to give some Voice Acting a try...I can do a pretty decent Fluttershy and Applejack impression. Honestly I could try my hoof at any of the ponies. But this seems like a pretty fun project to be a part of. Is there a deadline to send you the voice samples? 

No wonder I didn't get a notification for this, I forgot to follow my own thread :wacko: ! 

Anyways, no, there's not a deadline, I'm gonna let it gather a crew for as long as possible until I feel I can at least make the pilot episode. So feel free to take your time :) !

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Bzero333 said:

I Have One Storyboard On Progress Maybe You Wanna Check It If I Finish It ?

Um... What do you mean by that?  Do you mean take a look at your storyboard work?  Because unless it's absolutely horrible (like one cannot draw ponies at all), then you're more than welcome to join the crew, as Storyboards are the thing I'm going to be the least critical on, since the quality of the storyboard artistry is not going to matter in the final product.  All I care is if it's clean/simple enough for the animators to understand, and it's detailed enough that the animators have a good idea on how they are supposed to animate it.

• 2 months later...

2020 Update: This was garbage advice regarding microphones.  I'm more versed in what microphones are quality audio equipment now.  If you need a USB microphone, something akin to the Rhode NT USB mini is a good option.

Original Post:
By the way, if anypony's looking for a microphone, the Blue Microphones - Snowball, or the Turtle Beach Ear Force Recon 50p headset used in conjunction with the UGreen USB External Sound Card, should be two good microphone options. (I've had experience with the sound quality of the mentioned headset used with the UGreen USB sound card, and it's very clear and undistorted)

(Since this post, I have added this info to the main one)

Edited by Virtual Click

Money is a bit tight for me at the moment, but once I get a microphone I would love to give this a shot. Probably one of the older male voices, like Big Mac, or File Clip, would suit me best. Worst case scenario, I would gladly be a random background stallion or a character like Flash Sentry if you were to eventually incorporate him.

I might even be able to whip up a script. This could happen sooner. I've never written a fan episode before, but why not learn? And writing is fun. :wacko:

@Prospekt first off, nice sig!  Second, I'm not turning anypony down or anything, but I'm just kinda throwing this out there, that I don't know how I plan on handling the writing yet...

I say this because, for one thing, I have an upwards of around 60 episode ideas already, and I was initially planning on writing the entire first season myself, and then in Season 2 open the project up for people to send in their own ideas.  But I don't know if I want to still go that route, and maybe open the project up to send-in ideas in the first season, or instead of me being the only constant writer, have a group writers like a normal show, or have both a group, and send-ins that get reviewed by the whole group and not just myself.

Just wanted to throw this piece of info out for some reason, even though I have no idea if I'm sticking with my original plan or not, or changing things up, or changing some things while keeping others the same.

(My confusion and uncertainty to the whole situation is why I never mentioned the position of writers in the main post [and partly because I won't even need writers immediately])

• Brohoof 2

@Superplay64 It's cool, I understand. I just wasn't quite sure how writing would work. I'd still like to contribute if you do end up opening the project up for more writers, but it's totally fine if you don't end up doing so.

And I'll shoot you an email when I get my hands on a mic.

Lol, i thought i posted here already, and apparently you quoted my post but now it's gone.

The thought of continuing MLP through the fandom, supported and made possible by donations and payments made by many in the fandom, is a great idea to keep everything going and interesting. Like i said, it seems realizable if there are people with passion to do it, they can work on it alot while about i dunno, 3000 people (38805 people in total are registered on here) donate 10 $ each month we would get 30000 $ together for the all the producers to live off. Which is already FAR too much but just saying.
I could imagine NightFalls Studios working on such a thing because they have financial problems but a really high animation quality. To be fair, they're just two people. But well yeah. They can get together with others.

But now 

I heard there will be a G5 by Hasbro. What is your statement about that?

• Brohoof 2

@FizzyGreen  I'm not saying that G5 would be bad/should be ignored, I just thought this could be a good way to continue FiM alongside it.

Also...

On 6/15/2017 at 1:40 PM, Superplay64 said:

I would like to note, that this will be all voluntary work, I want to keep this project as far away from financial gain as I can.

XP
From what I've come to learn, money is the main reason most fan series get C&Ded.  So I figure not involving money would lower the chances of it getting a C&D.

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, Yamet said:

So dumb question, but how are you going to get permission to use all the copyrighted stuff?

(Were you looking at an older version of the main post somehow?  I don't actually mention that in the restructure.)

Anyways, here's an interesting bit of information.  I actually have a page of an old thread bookmarked, where in someone's post, they linked to a page likely deep in Hasbro's website, where you can fill out a form requesting permission to use IP (that gets included in an e-mail).  I'm also planning (to give the people who look it over, a better idea of what this is gonna be) to include the two test pilot episodes in the e-mail (or one, that's only in the storyboard process, or a mix of completed and incomplete).

thanks, I've decided to send you my audition for Fluttershee and an idea for a charactor!!

i've decided to not do Flash Sentury!

please make my Ponysona a backround charactor

Edited by Rainbow-The-Brony

Unless doing something really interesting with this fan-sequel of this show, why not let it die as a show? Everything has to end someday or another; yes, it can be considered fan-work like fanfiction, but I don't really see why bother with a whole show. What I mean, is that while one can read a fanfiction which has a great and elaborated story, while in this case, unless you give great attention to the story, you'll have to work about the animation, the voices, etc...., giving less time to the story, and not making it that interesting to follow. I think that if I was a mortal like all of you, I would prefer reading a very detailed fanfiction, than watching a sequel which could very well be well made, but not very interesting to follow.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Gachin I've been planning this since 2015 (and wasn't even planning for it to be a 'sequel' at first, just an unofficial extended universe series), so I've had plenty of time to develop and and iron out the continuity and story of over 60 episode ideas.

Edited by Superplay64

Remember that this topic is focused on the project and the requirements of said project, not the discussion of if it should or not come to fruition. Make comments if you will but keep it at a minimum as it is not the main purpose of the topic.

• Brohoof 1