Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

TS Lightner

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Heya, is that project still a thing?

I couldn't find any information regarding if it's still running or has been cancelled and the last activity I could find is about a year old by now.

If it is indeed still happening I would like to offer my assistance for it. I can do show-accurate animations as well as creating props and backgrounds in Flash/Animate...and while I still need to gather a lot of practical experience in the field of animation I am professionally trained in the field of digital arts and animation and am eager to contribute to a project just like this one.

On 11/7/2020 at 10:55 PM, Kitana762 said:

Heya, is that project still a thing?

I couldn't find any information regarding if it's still running or has been cancelled and the last activity I could find is about a year old by now.

If it is indeed still happening I would like to offer my assistance for it. I can do show-accurate animations as well as creating props and backgrounds in Flash/Animate...and while I still need to gather a lot of practical experience in the field of animation I am professionally trained in the field of digital arts and animation and am eager to contribute to a project just like this one.

Oh Luna, this is a bit of mess.  (This is OP by the way, just finally got around to changing my pfp and username to match my FimFiction and Derpibooru accounts.)

The short of it is yes, this project is still alive.

The long of it is I stopped actively worrying about the threads and Casting Call page until I was actually ready to move forward with production.  The reason for that is because the pilot has been in development hell for over a year now.  After I finished the script, I was on the hunt for someone to look over the script and give me pointers on where the writing could be improved.  I finally found someone, but in our conversations I got the impression that almost the entire thing needed a rewrite.  As a result, I've spent around nine months trying to figure out how to rewrite it, only to feel like everything written was just filler.  Now recently, while in a conversation with the person I had look over it originally, it was brought to my attention that there was far less wrong with it than I initially realized.  Upon this realization, it was clear that there was only about two scenes and the start of act three that needed reworking, not the entire episode.

With all that said and done, the revision should be done by the end of the year, at which point this thing can finally move onto the storyboarding phase (although I might have to do that all myself, as I haven't yet found a second storyboard artist).

As for your offer of assistance, if you have any sample animation footage you can provide, I'd definitely like to take a look at it.

So all-in-all, this project is still alive; it was just in hibernate for awhile.  Aside from that, I'm always looking for potential crew members.

Hope this answers your questions!
-TS Lightner

@TS Lightner

Ah It's so nice to see this project hasn't been abandoned like so many others before have ^^

As for samples I don't have much I am allowed/able to show right now with the exception of a small .gif I made a couple of days ago ( https://www.deviantart.com/kitana762/art/Bouncy-Bouncy-860051126 ), but I have several things in the works and planned so I'm positive that I can give you much more examples of what I'm able to do within the next couple of months.

Also I do know a thing or two about storyboarding, which I think I can give you a small example of a scene I work on on another project within the next couple of weeks, if you're interested in seeing it.

Where should I submit those examples once they're ready though? Shall I post it here, on CastingCall or do you have an E-Mail or Project Discord Server or something, you would like me to send it to?