Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So, who here reads the Daring Do Adventure Collection Books?

nathanthemoldy

(edited)
4 hours ago, GeekySonic said:

I HAVE read them. Once. But I haven't taken them out of their chest almost since I bought them nearly 2 years ago.

Do you remember at least most of what happened in the books? Because I remember most of them, so don't be too shy if you do not know all of them.

Edited by nathanthemoldy

4 hours ago, nathanthemoldy said:

Do you remember at least most of what happened in the books? Because I remember most of them, so don't be too shy if you do not know all of them.

'Fraid not. I do remember that one of them opened with Daring Do showing away on a ship. But that's it, unfortunately.

ME, ME ME ME ME MEEEEEEEEE, I've read them all last year. Don't expect me to remember 100%, or whatever stuff happen in one specific page, but I'd remember most of the general plot of the three (currently available) books :fluttershy:. I hope they release more, those are my favorite poneh books evah :sunny:

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2017 at 8:21 PM, Steve Piranha said:

ME, ME ME ME ME MEEEEEEEEE, I've read them all last year. Don't expect me to remember 100%, or whatever stuff happen in one specific page, but I'd remember most of the general plot of the three (currently available) books :fluttershy:. I hope they release more, those are my favorite poneh books evah :sunny:

About time. 

41 minutes ago, nathanthemoldy said:

About time. 

"About time"? Dude, it's been almost two weeks since I've posted that :dash: . Still, don't expect elephant memory from be, as I've read them only once, but I can hold my own on the major plot events and such :fluttershy:

(edited)

I've only read the 'Marked Thief of Marapore' but I thought it was alright.

I do find it funny how this one is basically mocking earth ponies for their lack of flight.

Spoiler

latest.thumb.jpeg.b5f4fc57871f6c9ccfddd1647f3db25b.jpeg

Edited by Roughshod

9 hours ago, Roughshod said:

I've only read the 'Marked Thief of Marapore' but I thought it was alright.

I do find it funny how this one is basically mocking earth ponies for their lack of flight.

Hide contents

latest.thumb.jpeg.b5f4fc57871f6c9ccfddd1647f3db25b.jpeg

It's funny that most other known pony races apart of the three main ones can fly right :dash: ? We got alicorns, bat ponies, and cirrostratan

On 6/15/2017 at 10:02 PM, nathanthemoldy said:

Super curious, because I read them. And I want to discuss them. Also, please do not say "WHUT IZ THAT" because this topic is not to say WHERE can I buy them. 

Omg omg omg why did I not see this thread sooner

The books literally made me change my name on all MLP fansites to "Daring Do" and had me switch my avatar to the Marked Thief of Marapore cover. I'd *LOVE* to discuss the books with you!

15 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

It's funny that most other known pony races apart of the three main ones can fly right :dash: ? We got alicorns, bat ponies, and cirrostratan

The Cirrostratans are explicitly called pegasi all throughout, though, aren't they? Just with floppy ears and eye-marks.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/29/2017 at 1:24 AM, Daring_Do said:

The books literally made me change my name on all MLP fansites to "Daring Do" and had me switch my avatar to the Marked Thief of Marapore cover. I'd *LOVE* to discuss the books with you!

The Cirrostratans are explicitly called pegasi all throughout, though, aren't they? Just with floppy ears and eye-marks.

Sorry for not noticing. Maybe I should switch my notification replies on by email.

Also, I have a long list of stuff that I think happened and what happened. Oh, and the books are canon (EQG Movie Magic)

On 7/24/2017 at 5:26 PM, nathanthemoldy said:

Sorry for not noticing. Maybe I should switch my notification replies on by email.

Also, I have a long list of stuff that I think happened and what happened. Oh, and the books are canon (EQG Movie Magic)

You start, then! I'm still up for talking - I was just rereading Marked Thief of Marapore recently (thanks to the Movie Magic short). Also made a nice break from my current heavy reading (a 900+ history book on the Crusades...)

4 minutes ago, Daring_Do said:

You start, then! I'm still up for talking - I was just rereading Marked Thief of Marapore recently (thanks to the Movie Magic short). Also made a nice break from my current heavy reading (a 900+ history book on the Crusades...)

I have a theory of the books that I want to say, but not many people would get it. But it's actually me answering Mojo's cutie mark since his mark is still scarred. But I think it's already happened now. If you remember Marked Thief, the Crystal Sphere of Kuhmm is located int he under water of "tehuti" Tehuti is the ancient egyptian god of wisdom and knowledge. And is also named: Thoth. If you have seen Riddle of the Sphinx, it is quite possible that she has already gotten the sphere. So I dunno if it's just merely a coincidence or not. 

6 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I'm pretty sure they are. I wonder if we'll see the Cirrostratan one day

That's if Berrow is willing to write in the show and not make Daring written off from the show. Still worrying about Daring Done. Hopefully she is the writer so there won't be continuity slips like the show usually does.

Just now, nathanthemoldy said:

I have a theory of the books that I want to say, but not many people would get it. But it's actually me answering Mojo's cutie mark since his mark is still scarred. But I think it's already happened now. If you remember Marked Thief, the Crystal Sphere of Kuhmm is located int he under water of "tehuti" Tehuti is the ancient egyptian god of wisdom and knowledge. And is also named: Thoth. If you have seen Riddle of the Sphinx, it is quite possible that she has already gotten the sphere. So I dunno if it's just merely a coincidence or not. 

Hmm, I haven't seen Riddle of the Sphinx, and I'm not quite up on my Egyptian mythology anymore - can you explain a bit more? Also, Khnum is also an ancient Egyptian god, pretty sure...

On 6/29/2017 at 1:24 AM, Daring_Do said:

Good, because I have a theory that I've commented on to Daring_Do

Just now, Daring_Do said:

I am Daring_Do - That was my post, silly.

Oopsy. Derpity doo. :P

1 minute ago, Daring_Do said:

Hmm, I haven't seen Riddle of the Sphinx, and I'm not quite up on my Egyptian mythology anymore - can you explain a bit more? Also, Khnum is also an ancient Egyptian god, pretty sure...

Totally did not know that Khumm is an Egyptian god. Riddle of the Sphinx is an in-joke easter egg from Stranger than Fan Fiction and Castle Sweet Castle daring_do__riddle_of_the_sphinx_by_cheez

There is no book existing for real yet. But the reason why I connect that with Marked Thief was because both of mentions and this poster/book are connected through Egyptian influences.

4 minutes ago, nathanthemoldy said:

Oopsy. Derpity doo. :P

Totally did not know that Khumm is an Egyptian god. Riddle of the Sphinx is an in-joke easter egg from Stranger than Fan Fiction and Castle Sweet Castle daring_do__riddle_of_the_sphinx_by_cheez

There is no book existing for real yet. But the reason why I connect that with Marked Thief was because both of mentions and this poster/book are connected through Egyptian influences.

Oh, that! Yeah, I remember that. So you're suggesting that she managed to retrieve the orb in Riddle of the Sphinx, at some point after the Forbidden City of Clouds?

Oh, that! Yeah, I remember that. So you're suggesting that she managed to retrieve the orb in Riddle of the Sphinx, at some point after the Forbidden City of Clouds?

You bet!

• Brohoof 1

YES. Only 3, sadly, but 3 is better than nothing. You need to read them! They're so cool!

In terms of recent news, Berrow have said in last year's bronycon panel that the solo releases of the books (which look bad because the MLP logo ruin the covers) sold well now. And she hopes on making the books continually.