Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is the Worst Alicorn Princess?

K.Rool Addict

The Worst Alicorn Princess (besides Flurry Heart lol)  

68 users have voted

1. 1. Who is the Worst Alicorn Princess?

• Celestia
    • Luna
    • Cadance
    • Twilight

Probably Luna. Mainly because the comics ruined what little she had going for her by blaming Nightmare Moon on magical moon demons or some bullshit like that. 

Plus, Celestia was able to run Equestria for a thousand years on her own, Luna could barely do it for a single day. 

• Brohoof 1

Cadence has unfortunately received little development towards showing that her role as a Princess is in any way relevant to her character in the slightest. She basically just acts as the "Team Mom" to Twilight and her friends and the rest of what we see is of her domestic life, marriage to Shining Armour and looking after Flurry Heart. What does she actually do for the Crystal Empire?

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Redeye said:

Why is Flurry Heart not in this list?

Because, if Flurry Heart was on the list, everyone would vote for her lol

48 minutes ago, K.Rool Addict said:

No Flurry Heart included as she would be the obvious unanimous answer. -.-

Besides cadence and her byproduct. Twilight is my worst princess, given the lacking reasoning behind both her title and transformation.

Not to mention the varied beauty that results from an inherent flaw. Meaning she was more interesting, previous to her ascension.

Which is why I rather things down to earth, instead of having a crystal headquarter sticking out like a sore thumb in ponyville.

It is a dissonant change, which follows no crescendo, much like with her alicorn evolution. Well, so much for harmony.

I'm gonna have to say Cadance. She's just the least developed of the alicorn characters, making her the least interesting. We know even less about her past than we know about the enigmatic Celestia and Luna, other than the fact that Cadance is Celestia's adopted niece and that she babysat Twilight.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, RulesofRarity said:

Princess Celestia easily. She's a horribly incompetent ruler who is completely incapable of defending Equestria without the elements of harmony. 

Like any other of the princesses are any better. I mean, when was the last time Luna successfully defended Equestria without the elements of harmony?  

• Brohoof 2

None of the princesses have really shown any ability to defend Equestria against badguy-of-the-moment without getting a loaner from the Tree to go all PowerPony.

I vote for Cadence too though; seriously, she is the Barbie Doll of the Alicorns, whose only function so far appears to be as a spare battery for Shining Armour as not even the Tree seems to want to give her a helping hoof....  She is also apparently, despite being one of only three alicorns known to exist, not even worth mentioning for two seasons and farmed out as a foalsitter to random Canterlot families. In the middle of a major crisis with the Changelings, when she had an opportunity to step up and defend Equestria, she has as her primary concern that she might lose her boyfriend to someone who doesn't love him as much as she does. So... yeah.

Maybe giving her some character development time might fix some of that, but... not holding my breath.

• Brohoof 1

34 minutes ago, Yamet said:

Like any other of the princesses are any better. I mean, when was the last time Luna successfully defended Equestria without the elements of harmony?  

I believe you mean, "When was the last time Luna was defeated by Celestia using the elements?" because Luna is never involved with the Elements of Harmony. She never even "defends" the land of Equestrian, aside from the almost constant skirmishes you get in the later seasons (mainly 5, 6, and 7) and she never USES the Elements. With all due respect to you, @Yamet

Nice work, @CypherHoof!

Just now, OracleOfTwilight said:

I believe you mean, "When was the last time Luna was defeated by Celestia using the elements?" because Luna is never involved with the Elements of Harmony. 

She used them to defeat Discord, so I kind of fail to see your point. 

Just now, OracleOfTwilight said:

She never even "defends" the land of Equestrian

Once again, I fail to see your point. My point was that the argument that Celestia is the worst princess "because she can't defend equestria without the elements of harmony" is pure bullshit because no other princess is able to do so either. 

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Yamet said:

She used them to defeat Discord, so I kind of fail to see your point.

Well, sorta - she and Celestia combined their magic to imprison Discord; there is no way to know if Celestia could have managed on her own, potentially not for so long though (When Nightmare Moon was banished, it lasted a thousand years; Discord was banished earlier and returned later, so clearly a longer lasting spell)

We do have the upcoming movie though; if Twilight actually manages to win without relying on Tree-granted powers, then that could be our first :D

Just now, CypherHoof said:

Well, sorta - she and Celestia combined their magic to imprison Discord; 

But she still wielded some of the elements, which means that she was involved with the elements of harmony. Which means that my point still stands.

5 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

there is no way to know if Celestia could have managed on her own, potentially not for so long though (When Nightmare Moon was banished, it lasted a thousand years; Discord was banished earlier and returned later, so clearly a longer lasting spell)

I'm a bit confused, how does this tie into my statement that Luna used the elements to defeat Discord?   

I suppose you make a good point. I have not seen the main Discord episodes in quite some time. I forgot, although most people associate Twilight and Celestia moreso with the  Elements. 

22 minutes ago, Yamet said:

But she still wielded some of the elements, which means that she was involved with the elements of harmony. Which means that my point still stands.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Yamet said:

I'm a bit confused, how does this tie into my statement that Luna used the elements to defeat Discord?   

Because we have one other good example of an alicorn touching horns to make a more powerful spell - when Shining Armour uses the "forcefield only he can conjure up" to repel Chrysalis and her Changeling army. Now, either that means that Cadence had the ability to conjure forcefields too, or that powering up a spell that way just adds more magic, but it is still the first pony's spell.

I do need to think about that one though. If your contention that this means Luna used the Elements is true, then by extension, it means Cadence (not Shining Armour) defeated the Changelings... making her the only alicorn ever to actually save Equestria without the Tree helping out. 

Interesting though that would be, it doesn't match with her "my love will give you strength" line; it would imply "that's nice dear, now sit down and see how an alicorn does it..." :D

Edited by CypherHoof
missing word :(

41 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Because we have one other good example of an alicorn touching horns to make a more powerful spell - when Shining Armour uses the "forcefield only he can conjure up" to repel Chrysalis and her Changeling army. Now, either that means that Cadence had the ability to conjure forcefields too, or that powering up a spell that way just adds more magic, but it is still the first pony's spell.

Ok. I'm not really following your logic here.  Mainly because you more or less ingore the possibility of touching horns is a way for two unicorns/alicorn to cast a spell together.