Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is the Worst Alicorn Princess?

K.Rool Addict

The Worst Alicorn Princess (besides Flurry Heart lol)  

68 users have voted

1. 1. Who is the Worst Alicorn Princess?

• Celestia
    • Luna
    • Cadance
    • Twilight

Probably Luna. Her backstory is pretty weak as is her selfish reason for turning evil. And then Do Princesses Dream of Magic made her like, emo or something.

Twilight is best princess because she just is and I am totally not biased.

• Brohoof 4

• 4 months later...

Twilight as the Princess of Friendship. There are others like Pinkie Pie who are better than her. Twilight is mainly shown to hang around her circle instead of working to expand her own number of friends portfolio.

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, Dragonia009 said:

I Think it's Twilight. She is the Leader of the mane six ( i think ). And she is powerful. She win by the magic duel and she have no flaws or 1 tiny flaw. I hate Twilight

What...? You _clearly_ have not watched anything past season 4, because Twilight has shown to still have flaws.

1 hour ago, Singe said:

Twilight is mainly shown to hang around her circle instead of working to expand her own number of friends portfolio

Again, have you even watched the last two seasons? You're completely wrong. She got Starlight as a friend, Trixie, as of season 7, and even then, why does she need to make friends with every single pony in Equestria??? Makes no sense.

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Celli said:

What...? You _clearly_ have not watched anything past season 4, because Twilight has shown to still have flaws.

Again, have you even watched the last two seasons? You're completely wrong. She got Starlight as a friend, Trixie, as of season 7, and even then, why does she need to make friends with every single pony in Equestria??? Makes no sense.

Uh-oh you did the triple spoil :thonk:

Probably Cadence because she didn't appear enough to develop into a detailed character from what I remember. If anyone has anything against my argument I'd be glad to hear

7 minutes ago, Celli said:

She got Starlight, but only made friends with Trixie through Starlight and couldn't get over her own distrust on her own.

Princess of Friendship implies moral authority on friendship. Twilight doesn't need to be friends with every pony but she should be seen more active socially matching her title by being seen alongside other ponies and doing things with them. Show that she can put all her lessons to use.

• Brohoof 1

This ultimately depends. Back in season 4, when I started watching the show, I remember seeing a meme asking when being an alicorn made you a princess or if being a princess made you an alicorn. At the time it didn't make much sense, because all alicorns were princesses, so if you count Flurry Heart as a princess, she is definitely my least favorite. Otherwise it would be Cadance. 

I voted for Twilight, because I think she's got the most flaws.  Sure, she didn't turn into a monster and need to be banished to the sun for 1000 years, but she's still the same neurotic bookworm we know and love.  (And yes, I do love her...I just think she's the most flawed of the four.)

2 minutes ago, HereComesTom said:

I voted for Twilight, because I think she's got the most flaws.  Sure, she didn't turn into a monster and need to be banished to the sun for 1000 years, but she's still the same neurotic bookworm we know and love.  (And yes, I do love her...I just think she's the most flawed of the four.)

But isn't a flawed character a good character

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Singe said:

Princess of Friendship implies moral authority on friendship. Twilight doesn't need to be friends with every pony but she should be seen more active socially matching her title by being seen alongside other ponies and doing things with them. Show that she can put all her lessons to use.

No, I'm pretty sure that's simply what you think she should be.

As for me, Celestia and Cadance. Celestia is fucking useless and never does anything. She has a few moments like in Celesial Advice and A Royal Problem but usually she's thrown to the side or captured. Cadance is pretty much the same thing. Useless and hardly ever does anything, save for a few moments.

Just now, gamecubeguy214 said:

But isn't a flawed character a good character

Yes, yes it is.

The only major flaw of Celestia, she continues to allow the Equestrian Kingdom to remain vulnerable by overly relying on so few standouts being capable of defending it. A lot of the major threats we see in the show are magic users and she doesn't have a unit of trained unicorn to handle that. Otherwise, Celestia is the best of the four princesses given the scale compared to the others.

Edited by Singe

37 minutes ago, Singe said:

The only major flaw of Celestia, she continues to allow the Equestrian Kingdom to remain vulnerable by overly relying on so few standouts being capable of defending it. A lot of the major threats we see in the show are magic users and she doesn't have a unit of trained unicorn to handle that. Otherwise, Celestia is the best of the four princesses given the scale compared to the others.

Oh yeah, being worfed and cast aside in episodes like Twilight's Kingdom and Canterlot Wedding. Turned to stone in the movie, captured in To Where and Back Again.

Totally a great pony, the best Princess at everything. Hahahaha! No. No, she isn't.

1 hour ago, Celli said:

Oh yeah, being worfed and cast aside in episodes like Twilight's Kingdom and Canterlot Wedding. Turned to stone in the movie, captured in To Where and Back Again.

Totally a great pony, the best Princess at everything. Hahahaha! No. No, she isn't.

All four of the Princesses were captured at least once and have been defeated at certain times. So it's not exclusive to just Celestia.

Just now, Singe said:

All four of the Princesses were captured at least once and have been defeated at certain times. So it's not exclusive to just Celestia.

Whatever you say, you aren't going to convince me Twilight is the worst and Celestia isn't.

• Brohoof 2

On 6/17/2017 at 6:02 AM, chili said:

Princess of freaking Friendship. Suddenly it appears a bigass castle in Ponyville and POOF Twilight is royal.

Princess of Friendship is a weird title and it just doesn't make sense. So she's better than most in making friends, is that it? She's more of a talking teacher with her friendship speeches and all. That's all she does. Then it could have been any of the main 6 as they've accomplished just as much as Twilight. Why does it always have to be a dang leader or whatever?? A main focus, yeah, but I'd like to see a crack in the wall for once where it focuses on everyone and not ONE SPECIAL PROTAGONIST OMGGGG.

Twilight does get things handed to her and having someone/something directing her. In context her friendship speeches might mainly amount to social etiquette do's and don't. Pinkie Pie would be a more likely candidate of Princess of Friendship with the amount of effort and research she puts into it greater than Twilight.

I'm not voting on the poll because I find neither of them to be bad.

That being said... my least favorite is Cadance because her competition is mindblowingly strong!

- Celestia is an amazing leader and mentor, she's also the most wise, level headed and compassionate pony hands down.

- I love Luna's backstory and all she's been through after being saved at the show's premiere, she also has the best power ever (getting into ponies dreams) and she's cutest princess (sorry Twi).

- Twilight well... for one she's a main character and gained her princesshood during the show, and if that alone wasn't enough, she's also a lovable geek and the most developed character in the show.

Edited by DonMaguz
  • Brohoof 4

On 11/24/2017 at 1:33 AM, DonMaguz said:

I'm not voting on the poll because I find neither of them to be bad.

That being said... my least favorite is Cadance because her competition is mindblowingly strong!

- Celestia is an amazing leader and mentor, she's also the most wise, level headed and compassionate pony hands down.

- I love Luna's backstory and all she's been through after being saved at the show's premiere, she also has the best power ever (getting into ponies dreams) and she's cutest princess (sorry Twi).

- Twilight well... for one she's a main character and gained her princesshood during the show, and if that alone wasn't enough, she's also a lovable geek and the most developed character in the show.

It's funny that in these kinds of threads are always assumed "worst x thing is worse because I hate it or it's bad". The worst in a category doesn't necessarily mean it's bad, but it IS your bottom on the list even if you like it as well. 

Edited by Steve Piranha
Grammar derp
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Twilight being the princess of friendship doesn't really make sense because if you pay attention... she's kinda antisocial. She pretty much was a antisocial sociopath until the show started. The worst is probably Luna factually. I mean... can't be worse than turning evil. I don't know much about Cadance... and i'm still not convinced that Celestia doesn't set up all of these major world events. I mean... you rule for 1000 years... stopping all the baddies along the way but as soon as twilight makes friends... the events are to big for you to handle?

All of them are pretty flawed imo.

Edited by Kadeda
  • Brohoof 1

Am I allowed to say Flurry Heart? 

If not, I'm torn between Celestia and Cadence. Celestia because she does absolutely nothing but sit on her high-horse (pun not intended) all the time, never gets in on the action and is rather unlikable in my opinion, and Cadence because while I enjoy her personality, we know absolutely nothing about her past, how she became an alicorn in the first place and how she actually is related to Celestia.

From a personal perspective, I'm going to go with Celestia, while from a technical viewpoint I feel obligated to say Cadence. 

• Brohoof 1

On 22-11-2017 at 9:35 AM, Dragonia009 said:

She is the Leader of the mane six ( i think ). And she is powerful. She win by the magic duel.

Aren't this reasons why she is amazing? :twi:

Princess Celestia is the "worst" of the five Alicorn Princesses, IMO.

Although, that's mainly due to a severe lack of character development throughout the last seven seasons of Friendship is Magic.

• Brohoof 2

That's a hard question, I like all four of them. I'd have to pick twilight just because I see her so often that her episodes aren't anything special, if one of the other three pops up its usually something more fresh since they only appear once or twice per season.