Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You think Sparity will ever END?

FlareGun45

Well, alot of people are talking on the "Will Sparity ever happen?" post, and a majority of you say it ain't happening. Well, how about this? Do you think Spike's crush on Rarity is ever going to END on the show? Or, do you think something else will happen like Spike will become a pony and grow older for a day to finally date her? I think the former is the logical choice. It's gotta happen sooner or later. It's been 3 years in-show time, and the crush is STILL going on, and Rarity is still taking advantage over it to make him do stuff he might not actually wanna do! Would give Spike some much-needed development on the matter, and I dunno if their relationship can grow any higher than just agreeing to be the best of friends! 

Whether Spike gets a new crush or not, Spike decides to let Rarity down, she decides to let him down, I don't care how they do it! I just know this subject will be mentioned! What do you think is gonna happen, and if you don't think Sparity is happening, do you think it's gonna end eventually?

• Brohoof 4

I hope it does. Like I said in that other topic about sparity:

You musn't let two different species get a relation in romantic ways. It just isn't right! :wat:

• Brohoof 1

I would say it would end in a cliche way, as in both of them respect each other yet not romantically kinda cliche.

Though I don't care about Sparity, it does occur to me that it will sort of happen though not really. Maybe in the series finale then it will come full circle.

16 minutes ago, Hierok said:

I hope it does. Like I said in that other topic about sparity:

You musn't let two different species get a relation in romantic ways. It just isn't right! :wat:

Depends on how you are defining romance I guess.

I can see how an explicitly physical relationship would be wrong, even if this wasn't a series aimed at preteens, but I can't see why a romantic relationship where they are more than just friends, but in an asexual relationship would be too bad. 

Without going too far down that path, I am imagining ponies are a lot like normal horses anyhow - not really interested in the physical except when in "heat", so most of the time pony relationships would be asexual anyhow.

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Depends on how you are defining romance I guess.

I can see how an explicitly physical relationship would be wrong, even if this wasn't a series aimed at preteens, but I can't see why a romantic relationship where they are more than just friends, but in an asexual relationship would be too bad. 

You are right. An asexual relation is fine, but a sexual relation is not. 

Hopefully it will end pretty soon. Rarity and Spike's should only be friends, period. I can see Spike maybe getting with Ember. I think even Spike realized at some level that Rarity only likes him as a friend.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, GoldenGumdrop said:

Hopefully it will end pretty soon. Rarity and Spike's should only be friends, period. I can see Spike maybe getting with Ember. I think even Spike realized at some level that Rarity only likes him as a friend.

Nah, the Sparity shippers will STILL ship them, but with the added naughtiness of Spike being unfaithful to Ember...

I have seen that there are less instances of Sparity in the show :huh: . I'm not sure if the show will get over it officially, but I'm sure Sparity won't be happening 

Honestly, if it was gonna end, it would've ended by now. But hey, maybe someone will write an episode where Spike has to accept that it won't happen, and learns how to move on. Equally likely, some writer will make Sparity almost become a reality for one episode, and then everything will go forward as if it never happened. We've sure seen both of those before.

30 minutes ago, digit112 said:

Honestly, if it was gonna end, it would've ended by now. But hey, maybe someone will write an episode where Spike has to accept that it won't happen, and learns how to move on. Equally likely, some writer will make Sparity almost become a reality for one episode, and then everything will go forward as if it never happened. We've sure seen both of those before.

It probably hasn't ended by now because the crush is gonna be referenced in the movie! :3 Once the movie is outta the way, the main cast is free to start changing and developing big time for the better! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I see the crush ending in the natural way this types of crushes end, with the kid growing up to teenage years and realizing how silly it really was. From the adult point of view, Rarity is handling it just fine showing him that she cares for him as a little brother.

All this said, I don't think they'll address the issue at the show directly, maybe only in a "what happens in the future" epilogue episode but only as a logical context from what they really show.

8 minutes ago, DonMaguz said:

I see the crush ending in the natural way this types of crushes end, with the kid growing up to teenage years and realizing how silly it really was. From the adult point of view, Rarity is handling it just fine showing him that she cares for him as a little brother.

All this said, I don't think they'll address the issue at the show directly, maybe only in a "what happens in the future" epilogue episode but only as a logical context from what they really show.

I think you're right, but I do think they'll direct that in the show, but probably towards the end. This is a fantastic friendship moral and it would be a shame for it to go to waste!

• Brohoof 1

I doubt it. The closest we got too resolution was in Secret Of My Excess. Spike was two seconda from confessing too Rarity then she shushed him. I took that as her way of letting him down easy. I guess not! Unless they say that Ember is the same age as Spike I doubt he will ever develop another crush. And besides the way dragons age in mlp is a bit confusing. So Emebr could be anywhere from five to fifty years older than Spike. And she would still be a teenage dragon.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
15 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Sparity is a ship, and ships never go away entirely - even if Rarity and Spike BOTH get married in cannon to members of their own species, you will still see shippers....

Fair point and definitely on spot.

But I think we can see what OP is really asking: "Will Spike's crush on Rarity ever end in the show?“. A long title for a topic to draw eyes IMO.

Edited by DonMaguz
Grammar issues
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, DonMaguz said:

Fair point and definitely on spot.

But I think we can see what OP is really asking: "Will Spike's crush on Rarity ever end in the show?“. A long title for a topic to draw eyes IMO.

I hope not, although they should both really move on. But your first love is always special, even if its someone unobtainable. I wouldn't want Spike to lose that.

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

I hope not, although they should both really move on. But your first love is always special, even if its someone unobtainable. I wouldn't want Spike to lose that.

Yeah, but it's a dead-end crush. Not really a good thing to show the children who watch it. It might bring the wrong impressions. Besides, Rarity takes advantage of him, and I hate seeing that! I know she cares, but she's using his crush, and I'm tired of seeing that. That's why I want it to end! It's the kind of development they both need! They're always gonna be special friends regardless, but it has to be done. I'm sure there's a way of doing it without disappointing too many people. After all... they showed AJ's parents, and what were the odds of that?

• Brohoof 2